Photoshop Assistance needed

johannes89

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Good day

im not sure if this is the right place to ask for help im busy with my renoy VN game but ive noticed my renders have some bad marks on faces and some white dots all over is there someone who can assist me with some photoshopping my renders to make it clean at the moment it will be free service which im asking for as the game is not launched yet so there are no income from the game yet.

the attached are just some images there are a few more which have this marks im really not sure where they come from.

herhappy.png herallone3.png herallone2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
You can remove those blemishes pretty easily with the Healing Brush in Photoshop. However, it's likely you can fix the problem in DAZ itself. The issue is most likely the skullcap of the hair poking through the forehead, the hair asset should have sliders to adjust this. I've seen it happen with quite a lot of hair made by OutOfTouch.

Another problem could be that the character is too far off the center, so moving everything (x, y, z position) to zero could also fix it.

Holloweenie

Aug 31, 2019
Up the scale up on the hair a little bit to make sure the skullcap isnt clipping with the head. Whenever i get this problem i go up in scale to 100.1 or 100.2.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
I've never actively used Daz... but one thing mentioned about is something I've repeated often.

When you add you model to the scene, leave her at 0,0,0 until after you've added the hair... and THEN move her to her final position.
Apparently there's a common "feature" where the hair goes awry when added later in the process... especially the further and further away you get from the center point.

It's probably a better idea to fix the issue in Daz than it is to fix it in Photoshop... because it will happen again.

The dots thing... again, I'm not speaking from experience here... but as I understand it, it's because you didn't have enough light(s) and/or didn't do enough iterations. It's a common "feature" of low light renders. If you imagine that what the rendering process is doing is tracking the path of each ray of light from the source (the light(s)) until it's final resting place by the time it reaches the final iteration... no matter how many things that ray of light bounced off on it's journey. Now multiply that by each and every ray of light. The dots are a mix of light and dark spots where sometimes a spot was brightened by a ray of light reaching it (or multiple bounced rays of light) and the spots where the render process ended before the rays of light that should have reached that spot actually arrived there.

I'm sure it's not that simple and I'm sure the solution is some tweaking of your render settings (which will probably result in longer render times). There are enough posts and youtube videos out there that deal with this sort of thing... but since it's not something I'm really familiar with - I've not got any bookmarked. From what I see... renders settings are like voodoo... it's magic that many people claim to understand and even more believe in without knowing the details.

Last edited: