VN - Others - Completed - Pick Me, Honey! [Final] [Trabulance]

1. 4.00 star(s)

youmustbejoking

Reiji-kun is your average student. One day his dad, a millionaire who owns a world-wide pastry shop chain, tells his son that he is at an age that he should consider marrying. He presents to MC-kun with three cute waifus to choose from. Well, the catch is that he has to choose one primary wife and the other two will be his concubines. So I guess it's not much of a choice???

One of the things that struck out to me in a positive way is the frequency of the dialogue choices. It's a typical point based system where the girl that you score the most points with is the route that end up on. There is a setting in the options menu which will tell you which dialogue option will net you a point with the girl. Most of the time the choices are quite obvious, but sometimes it can get quite tricky, especially if you wanna see the bonus routes.

The three main girls are Hazuki, Chizuru, and Mio. They are all connected to the MC in some way: Hazuki is your childhood friend; Chizuru lost her parents when she was young, and your dad helped raise her as one of his own; Mio is your cousin (Sweet Home, Alabama!) Each of the routes contain a good mix of slice of life, H-scenes, as well as a bit of drama towards the end.

Hazuki is the typical childhood friend. The genki girl with a penchant for hitting the MC when she gets embarrassed by some something. One of the other characters also mention at some point that if you choose here you'll have to deal with her punches LOL. Some will undoubtedly find this annoying, but I personally found it quite endearing. Her drama involves her trying to come to terms of having to share you with the other two, even if she is the main one.

Chizuru is moe incarnate. If you go look for the definition of moe in the Webster's Unabridged Dictionary you will find a picture of her and audio of her going KYAAAA when she is embarrassed. And if you thought she wasn't moe enough she also talks in third person. She also has a penchant for falling into a state of day dreaming where she imagines all sorts of scenarios. Hers is the most drama free route, and she is also best girl.

Mio's route is ass. Quite literally. Her grandma forbids her of losing her virginity and as such she only let's you do her up the poop chute. She is also a bitch with a princess complex who likes do rub it in the face of the other two who weren't chosen as the main wife. Doing the butt stuff also leads to all sorts of problems for her, sometimes making me disgusted, sometimes laughing out loud at the stupidity of this dumb broad. Luckily there's no scat content. I might have been very anal about her, butt I think that overall she has the best written route as it's the only one which features a bit of sexual tension between the characters. Worst girl, best route.

After you have finished the three main routes the game opens up with three more.

Futaba's and Yoriko's routes are very, very short; about 30 minutes of content each if you skip past the previously read text. Futaba is your sensei and Hazuki's older sister. Yoriko is your dad's secretary and one smoking hot MILF. Dayum son!

Naturally there is also a harem route at the end where you get to have bang all 5 waifus at once. Yay! But like I said these last three routes are unfortunately very short. Still, the H-scenes are really good so they're worth doing.

Speaking of which, I enjoyed the H-scenes a lot in this. One thing that I appreciate about these older eroge is that the scenes don't drag on for too long. I'd rather have a nice 5-10 minute scene with lots of hot content, that 30-40 minute ones that drag on far too long. My favorite scenes in this VN have got to be the group sex ones. They were really, really hot, and luckily there's a decent number of them. I also liked most of the 1-on-1 scenes (apart maybe from Mio's); I think my favorite one was with Hazuki up in the ferris-wheel.

The writing and the translation are decent. There are a couple of very funny moments that had me laughing out loud, such as Reiji "starching" his underwear (but only in the front lol). There are a couple of serious moments here and there but you're not here for the drama, and so the game doesn't drag these for too long, nor does it ever try to take itself super seriously.

The artwork is ok. The backgrounds look really good for an eroge this age. The CGs are decent, however it seems that the artist struggled with the faces a lot. Sometimes it feels like the artist drew a face from the front, and then skewed it around in Photoshop for the oblique shots. Bottom line is that I've seen better. The music and VA is typical for this kind of title, but there were a couple of funky tracks that did catch my attention.

The interface sucks. I could not get the reading speed at a comfortable speed for me so I had to progress through the lines the old fashioned way... Also I had a bug where I could not view the unlocked CGs in the gallery because the game registers several consecutive clicks in this menu. I realize this isn't the game's fault. Had I played it on my old XP machine I probably would not have encountered this common problem with old titles.

I am probably being way too generous giving this four stars, but overall I enjoyed my time with this old nukige. The reason that I am giving it so much is due to the amount of choices that you have and the amount of content that you can unlock. Also like I said I really liked the H-scenes, mainly the group ones. It also avoided a lot of fetishes which usually come up out of nowhere in these sorts of titles.

Bottom line: one of the stand out eroge titles of the Windows XP era, and an excellent addition to any boomer coomer's collection. If you want to see what coomers were jerking off to 20 years ago then this is a good start.

Total playtime: 15 hours 100% playthrough, measured with GOG Galaxy
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Katsurooo

That game's like "World's end harem" simulator. The story is a little bit off. The MC is a highschoolar with daddy millionaire. One day on the MC's birthday party he got presented his 3 wife candidates( his co-schoolers and a girl from his dad's shop), which his dad arranged years ago by their own will( i dont say it's not possible, but it just feel a bit off, and how they act overprotective).

They all gonna live is the same house, not less: he can choose which girl he's gonna take at wife, but the other 2 will still remain by as his lovers, so ... it's heavy harem, and even if u try to take a route with one girl, there are still a couple harem scenes during the gameplay( your teacher and dad's secretary routes comes after you complete the routes with all of the 3 heroines).

The h-scenes are good, are there is definitely good voice acting and writing. The choices during the gameplay are many, and probably u gonna struggle a bit if u want to unlock all scenes.