Picking a direction

Yunari-chi

Mar 14, 2023
So, I have this.. thing

View attachment Nectalier_2023_4_dev2.webm

and I'm having trouble making an actual game from all this :D Maybe someone here has ideas?

I see two directions
a) Touching Sim
b) RPG

A touching sim would synergize with the x-ray penetration part, but touching sims are a bit boring if the narration, setting and such aren't good. I don't really have experience with those, so I fear how that would end up. I'm assuming stuff here, maybe the emotional parts aren't that important, and the visual/mechanical stuff is what it's all about? I'm not sure what people really like about in these games ._.

On the other hand I like the idea of dressing it all up with RPG-like mechanics to make a gameplay loop. But I'm not sure how to integrate the simulated penetration with that, maybe as a special cutscene or a minigame :/ Making sex work in an RPG-setting seems already hard enough, all the expected tropes like stats, damage and such have a weird feeling if just renamed to sex things. If you know of a game that does this well, please let me know :)

Which do you think makes more sense? In an ideal world it would probably be an RPG Touching Sim, but I don't see a way to do that while keeping the scope in check.

Or a third direction? ^^

• Haha
Reactions: Losersriot

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
То что показано это уже может быть как отдельная игра. Повествования и сюжет можно добавлять перед такими интимными сценами к примеру. Эмоциональная часть важна когда есть сюжетная линия. Можно просто сделать такую демонстрацию с такими разными вариантами. Много есть игр где не имеет значения именно сюжет. К примеру много игр по типу "Gloryhole" где сюжет можно совсем не добавлять. Такое всё равно интересно.

Если нужен сюжет что с этим делать то вот пару примеров. Гарем. Просто Гарем с много разных девушек. Экономически, тренировочное игровая механика. Главный герой решил завести гарем. Это сделать можно если позволяют средства. Разделить на несколько разных игровых механик. Заработок, где будет зарабатывать для постройки новых комнат в своём доме где будут селиться новые девушки. Приобретать девушек к примеру. Сделать их всех разными, кто то за долги решит уйти в гарем, кто то по призванию, кто то от скуки, кто то случайно. Много вариантов можно придумать что бы было отличии. Общение с ними. Проводить ночь. Доставлять удовольствие. Что бы всё сразу не показывать то можно ещё сделать обучение. То есть главный герой будет ходить в бордель и учить там новые позу и новые виды секса за деньги и только потом может применять в своём гареме. Это так. Необдуманные мысли.
Ещё вариант. Простой тренер. То есть воспитываешь девушку или девушек. Обучение интиму и сам интим. Если заняться с ней чем то что раньше не изучила то будет не довольно. На этом можно построить эмоции.
Игра на раздевания. Тут можно добавить RPG. То есть общение и перемещение в поиске игры. Победа и в качестве победы уже такой интим как в демонстрационном видео. Тут и эмоции можно добавить. Примерно такую сделал немного игру, но ещё не выкладывал.
Как же без "Gloryhole" , простая игра. С такой механикой она будет смотреться интереснее. Можно добавить каких пародийных персонажей в неё и тогда отображать эмоции которые соответствуют их личности.
Я частенько писал сюжеты, они возможно не для такой механики игры, но всё равно просто так оставлю ссылки ниже.

What is shown could already be a separate game. Narratives and plot can be added before such intimate scenes for example. The emotional part is important when there is a storyline. You can just make a demo like this with these different options. There are many games where the plot doesn't matter. For example, there are many games like “Gloryhole” where you don’t need to add a plot at all. This is still interesting.

If you need a plot of what to do with this, here are a couple of examples. Harem. Just a Harem with many different girls. Economically, training game mechanics. The main character decided to start a harem. This can be done if funds allow. Divide into several different game mechanics. Earning money, where he will earn money to build new rooms in his house where new girls will live. Buying girls, for example. Make them all different, some will decide to join a harem for debt, some by vocation, some out of boredom, some by accident. You can come up with many options to make a difference. Communicate with them. Spend the night. Give a satisfaction. In order not to show everything at once, you can still do training. That is, the main character will go to a brothel and learn new positions and new types of sex there for money, and only then can he use it in his harem. This is true. Rash thoughts.
Another option. Simple trainer. That is, you are raising a girl or girls. Training in intimacy and intimacy itself. If you do something with her that you haven’t studied before, it won’t be enough. You can build emotions on this.
Strip game. Here you can add RPG. That is, communication and movement in search of a game. Victory and the quality of victory is already as intimate as in the demo video. Here you can add emotions. I made a little game like this, but haven’t posted it yet.
What would we do without "Gloryhole", a simple game. With such mechanics it will look more interesting. You can add some parody characters to it and then display emotions that correspond to their personality.
I often wrote stories, they may not be for such game mechanics, but I’ll just leave the links below anyway.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DSSAlex

Aug 19, 2017
My suggestion for new devs is always to come up with a minimum viable product and develop that. I think a very simple game where you have some dialog scenes with the girl and that unlocks different levels of the touching sim is enough. The writing doesn't need to be complex, and you could even farm it out to someone else if you were that worried about it. You just need enough to set context, anyway. Then once you've got a single complete thing done, you can make a more complicated thing next time around.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
That's a hard one. Liam, maybe? Then again, Harry Styles is alright. Zayn can fuck off, though.

Yunari-chi

Mar 14, 2023
Yeah if I think minimal scope, like you said, what I've made is already a sort of touching sim. I just yearn for something more when I play with it, and I'm still searching for that "more".

Thanks for all the suggestions of what that could be, lots of interesting possibilities! I'll have to think what fits with the other elements I personally like and can see myself working on. For example I don't really want to implement modding or extensive customization, which some of the simulation games (gloryhole, super deepthroat) have an incredible amount of. Maybe that's why I gave so much weight to the narrative elements, I saw them as an alternative way of expanding the game.

You're right, in that scenario the writing doesn't have to be spectacular to function. I know you're the voice of reason, make it small... I'll try, maybe I'll succeed :p

That's a hard one. Liam, maybe? Then again, Harry Styles is alright. Zayn can fuck off, though.
Aha, I just didn't listen enough, so that's why I can't find the right one! :D In all seriousness I hate decision paralysis... And mulling things over in a vacuum hasn't helped so far, so here I am ^^

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
This is going to sound dumb, but since you have two options, flip a coin.

Whenever I have two options, this is what I do. I usually end up figuring out which one I wanted all along after the flip. Like, if it lands on heads, and really don't want to do it, then that means I wanted tails all along. Or if I get heads and am fine with it, then the decision is made. Either way, it picks for you.

Yunari-chi

Mar 14, 2023
I also have a very out-of-scope dream where a coin flip takes me :D But I guess I do have a preference between the two as well. Well for now I'm just making systems both need ^^

Look like my ass after WC visit
I suggest trying a bidet, or are you saying you don't even wipe? :D Not kink shaming but uh, you do you. Or did you mean it looks shiny AF, cause that's what your ass should look like after a WC visit :p

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
That's not how game design works.. you usually come up with the idea first (in this case, the whole game concept), and then start to create the assets after that. Form follows function.

I'd suggest not to turn this into a game, it will be most likely underwhelming and you'll just waste your time and feel bad for the lack of attention it gets. See it as what it was: A good practice.

If you want to make a game, work on the whole concept first, be realistic about what you can achieve in a timeframe that's not overwhelming and start small.

Yunari-chi

Mar 14, 2023
Appreciate the advice. Practise is pretty much what the clip shows, the "simulated see-through penetration" part is a separate thing and can be used in any project. The clip is from a version where I dressed it up with some AI, interaction and art assets. So I'm not really looking to turn exactly this version in to a game, it's just the one with something else than programmer art in it.

Every design I've come up with, prototype I've built, has included the penetration part in some form with varying levels of interactivity. The two options I mention are the designs I have the least problems with. So even if the thread makes it seem backwards, there is some top down design going on as well. But I admit a part of it is backwards when I try to find ways to include it in everything, and that makes things harder :D