4.00 star(s) 107 Votes

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
You're completely missing the point. It's not the lynch mob is out, it's because when only two people voiced concerns, then it's brushed off as irrelevant due to lack of number of people voicing the concerns. It turns out that there are other people who shared similar concerns.

Nobody expected the perfect game right away, but that's why concerns needed to be voiced. It's exactly because it's still early that I chose to voice my concerns, still early means it's easier to fix so things can be better moving forward
I'm not missing the point though there is always going to be some issues when It's still at V0-1 it will always take time for the dev to get that right just seems people are more eager to pull out the negatives rather than the positives.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I'm not missing the point though there is always going to be some issues when It's still at V0-1 it will always take time for the dev to get that right just seems people are more eager to pull out the negatives rather than the positives.
This particular dev explicitly asked for the mob to point out every minutia to hold him to the "higher standards" and then acted all butthurt while blowing off exactly the response he asked for.

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
I don't think that's a fair characterization of my original post. Here's the link if you care to review it:

https://f95zone.to/threads/picture-perfect-v0-1-superwriter-ptolemy.34351/post-2398989

I list out some areas of concern, but also highlight areas I'm enjoying and that are working for me. In a later post, I call out the sister drama as something I would prefer the story to focus on because it was working very well while the whole financial struggles plot was not, in my opinion (and inadvertently set off this shitstorm.) Any further discussion was drilling down on criticisms that I presented.

I'm not sure how a balanced and measured discussion of what works and what doesn't gets translated into an "eagarness" to pull out negatives over positives. This thread only came off the rails after SuperWriter started concern-trolling that me and a couple of other people continued having side discussions about what wasn't working for us. I guess 98% of a thread being praise isn't enough for some people. :rolleyes:

Riitesh

Apr 22, 2019
If the game presented itself as realistic, then it's expected to have logical story/action in it. Of course there's still some suspension of disbelief needed because it's fictional after all, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing to mix and match realistic setting and illogical actions. For example, Game of Thrones is fictional and we know there's no such thing as White Walkers, but it's still silly if there's a Starbucks cup in the middle of the jugs of ale and stuff.
Starbucks cup in GOT has nothing to do with the logic in the story its a mistake from production, there are many illogical thing happened in GOT biggest one is teleportation of characters.
But when someone masturbate in presence of their daughter/tenant at a open hall i tent to sideline the logic.

Sasha not emo/skater anymore because of "was" in the script? The word "was" means nothing here because if you check the script, there's a line that says "She dropped out of college a year ago and she was now dependent on you again" when introducing Paris. There's also the "Sasha was twenty-two years old" despite clearly meaning that Sasha is 22 years old in the current timeline of the game.
After looking in the script, i take back my words from this topic. Also there are some pretty bad grammatical error.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
But when someone masturbate in presence of their daughter/tenant at a open hall i tent to sideline the logic.
Here's the question though, which one is better, an illogical scene where you have to sideline the logic, or a scene that is logical? Objectively, the answer is the logical scene.

So when a dev said he wanted to be held into the highest standard, surely it makes sense to try to make scenes that are logical.
Can I ignore such scene and just pretend like nothing happened? Sure I can.
But that just means I'm ignoring the flaws of the game because I don't care about it, and pretending everything is fine when it isn't.

An honest feedback is the least that the players could give to the dev.

Part of why the negative discussion kept on going on (mostly between myself and Korben) is because the dev is not really interested in discussing them. The most he'd say is something like "I acknowledge it, but I disagree with it". If the dev is not interested in participating in the discussion about the negative parts of the game, then the players have no answer as to what the dev plans to do about them. So the least he could do is allow the players to freely discuss it among themselves instead of telling them to go away.

In regards to your comment about people being more eager to pull out the negatives rather than the positives is simple, on a personal level, I mentioned more of the negatives because that's what needed to be fix. The positives are mentioned less because they're already good/acceptable. Either I trust the dev to keep on going as is, or these things are not important enough for me to mention because it's just my personal preference (e.g.: I only like Sasha out of the models used in the game, but I didn't mention the characters are ugly or good looking because that's just me, but I mentioned Miracle's vampire fang because it seems like a mistake and not just because I prefer girls without vampire fang).

Imagine if you're tutoring someone and they answered 17 questions right out of 20. Of course you'd be spending more time discussing the 3 questions that they answered wrong. Why? So they can fix those 3.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Here's the question though, which one is better, an illogical scene where you have to sideline the logic, or a scene that is logical? Objectively, the answer is the logical scene.

So when a dev said he wanted to be held into the highest standard, surely it makes sense to try to make scenes that are logical.
Can I ignore such scene and just pretend like nothing happened? Sure I can.
But that just means I'm ignoring the flaws of the game because I don't care about it, and pretending everything is fine when it isn't.

An honest feedback is the least that the players could give to the dev.

Part of why the negative discussion kept on going on (mostly between myself and Korben) is because the dev is not really interested in discussing them. The most he'd say is something like "I acknowledge it, but I disagree with it". If the dev is not interested in participating in the discussion about the negative parts of the game, then the players have no answer as to what the dev plans to do about them. So the least he could do is allow the players to freely discuss it among themselves instead of telling them to go away.

In regards to your comment about people being more eager to pull out the negatives rather than the positives is simple, on a personal level, I mentioned more of the negatives because that's what needed to be fix. The positives are mentioned less because they're already good/acceptable. Either I trust the dev to keep on going as is, or these things are not important enough for me to mention because it's just my personal preference (e.g.: I only like Sasha out of the models used in the game, but I didn't mention the characters are ugly or good looking because that's just me, but I mentioned Miracle's vampire fang because it seems like a mistake and not just because I prefer girls without vampire fang).

Imagine if you're tutoring someone and they answered 17 questions right out of 20. Of course you'd be spending more time discussing the 3 questions that they answered wrong. Why? So they can fix those 3.
Hey, I apologize that I came across as not caring about your concerns. After school today, I'm going to go back and re-read everything you say and more carefully consider your POV as a player and see if I can satisfy your needs. I will do my best to create a game everyone enjoys.

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
Interesting game with nice renders and a decent storyline.Let's just hope that since Ptolemy is involved is gonna stay a romance game and not change into some cheap drama in the middle of it ''cough cough Haley's story'' once the protagonists start getting really intimate with eachother. I'm all for incest,pregnancy and all that just if you plan on adding some dark stuff like the daughters pasts and all that at least give us a heads up before

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Interesting game with nice renders and a decent storyline.Let's just hope that since Ptolemy is involved is gonna stay a romance game and not change into some cheap drama in the middle of it ''cough cough Haley's story'' once the protagonists start getting really intimate with eachother. I'm all for incest,pregnancy and all that just if you plan on adding some dark stuff like the daughters pasts and all that at least give us a heads up before
Lol Ptolemy has nothing to do with Picture Perfect's story, he does all the renders. But I can promise you there will be no dark pasts or anything like that with the main girls. Everything won't be happy happy, but I personally enjoy the romance of games myself so that's what I like to write. The focus is romance and alittle touching (Okay, a lot of touching) =D

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
Lol Ptolemy has nothing to do with Picture Perfect's story, he does all the renders. But I can promise you there will be no dark pasts or anything like that with the main girls. Everything won't be happy happy, but I personally enjoy the romance of games myself so that's what I like to write. The focus is romance and alittle touching (Okay, a lot of touching) =D
sounds good to me,as long as there wont be any forced dark fetishes like rape,ntr and so on i'll be more thern happy to keep my eye on your game.Good luck in the future and also hell yeah we would like some pregnancy in it

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
What's the fun in boinking the three girls after a few updates? You have nothing to look forward to, in my opinion. And having sex with your daughter is way different than flirting. =] You have to work up to it.
That was a general dig at the whole patreon H game build.

Interesting thing you bring up though, the sex.

There are a few games out where the sex happens quite quickly, it's the story people look forward too. If sex is the thing you have to give people to look forward too it will make me question your name.

I'm not saying rush the sex, hopefully you have the build up and story laid out already, just saying make sure that's not the only goal.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Hey, I apologize that I came across as not caring about your concerns. After school today, I'm going to go back and re-read everything you say and more carefully consider your POV as a player and see if I can satisfy your needs. I will do my best to create a game everyone enjoys.
Thanks, but just be mindful it's not that I want you to create a game that satisfy my needs. You can still freely disagree with my opinions as long as there's good reasoning behind it.

For example, my criticism about Sasha emo-skater not matching her character portrayal so far.

• If you disagree, you could always say something like oh there will be emo-skater related content for her later on. Though to be honest, it's still better to have emo-skater something early on just to keep her character matching the description, especially since Sasha (so far) is nothing like emo whatsoever.
  • If you agree, a simple act of removing the emo-skater mention is an easy fix because there's nothing emo-skater related content so far.

This is where the over-complicated writing style comment originated. The "emo-skater" is additional details to the character, but because it didn't match what's shown of Sasha, then the additional details ended up working against you. Additional details are more forgiving in erotica you wrote because it's all about the reader's imagination, and it's easy to add/remove things when it comes to your own imagination. People who read your book might have different imagination about the same thing. But when it comes to adult games, the render is what you're showing to the players. So additional details need to actually match the render, because if they don't match, it's very obvious and it lowers the quality of the game.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Thanks, but just be mindful it's not that I want you to create a game that satisfy my needs. You can still freely disagree with my opinions as long as there's good reasoning behind it.

For example, my criticism about Sasha emo-skater not matching her character portrayal so far.

• If you disagree, you could always say something like oh there will be emo-skater related content for her later on. Though to be honest, it's still better to have emo-skater something early on just to keep her character matching the description, especially since Sasha (so far) is nothing like emo whatsoever.
  • If you agree, a simple act of removing the emo-skater mention is an easy fix because there's nothing emo-skater related content so far.

This is where the over-complicated writing style comment originated. The "emo-skater" is additional details to the character, but because it didn't match what's shown of Sasha, then the additional details ended up working against you. Additional details are more forgiving in erotica you wrote because it's all about the reader's imagination, and it's easy to add/remove things when it comes to your own imagination. People who read your book might have different imagination about the same thing. But when it comes to adult games, the render is what you're showing to the players. So additional details need to actually match the render, because if they don't match, it's very obvious and it lowers the quality of the game.
Ahh, that's what you meant by over-complicated. Sasha was a skater/emo and got all those tats before deciding to become an actor, but I could add that sooner than later like I intended to make it more sensible to you players right now. Thanks for explaining that

Reactions: hiver

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
That was a general dig at the whole patreon H game build.

Interesting thing you bring up though, the sex.

There are a few games out where the sex happens quite quickly, it's the story people look forward too. If sex is the thing you have to give people to look forward too it will make me question your name.

I'm not saying rush the sex, hopefully you have the build up and story laid out already, just saying make sure that's not the only goal.
Lol gotcha. And don't worry, story AND sex are my priorities for this game. There will even be a sex animation with one of the characters next update

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Ahh, that's what you meant by over-complicated. Sasha was a skater/emo and got all those tats before deciding to become an actor, but I could add that sooner than later like I intended to make it more sensible to you players right now. Thanks for explaining that.
Further to this line of topic, the main thing you need to consider is how relevant/important Sasha being an emo/skater in the past to the current storyline.

For example, being an emo is not something you can just pause for a few years and then pick it back up. So if you were saying that Sasha was an emo back then (let's say when she was 16), and then stopped being an emo as she picked up interest in theater (by 18 because that's 2 years prior to current story), it might not make sense for her to suddenly becoming an emo again during the game (at 20 years old and no longer an emo) because she no longer behaves that way.

But if your plan involved Sasha's past, then it could still work because there might be character growth on Sasha.

On the other hand, Sasha being a skater is much easier to implement in the game as skateboarding can easily be an activity involved in the game's story.

This is why I mentioned about you needing to be careful with adding details into your story/characters. The details can't just be there for the sake of being there, but it needs to make sense and it needs to have a reason for it.

Regardless of which, I think it's much easier to clarify during Sasha's introduction that "she used to be emo and a skater in high school, but she has changed as she found her passion in theater" or something along that line.

Thanks for replying, and all the best in the next update.

unbruitsourd

May 1, 2017
Seriously, skip that presumptuous intro where you glorify your writing skills while bashing on others VN. If you are that good, then let's the game speak for itself. I don't see what you expect from that type of intro. It sounds almost childish to me.

And so far, after only 5 minutes of gameplay, it's still looking like any other generic VN... :(

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Seriously, skip that presumptuous intro where you glorify your writing skills while bashing on others VN. If you are that good, then let's the game speak for itself. I don't see what you expect from that type of intro. It sounds almost childish to me.

And so far, after only 5 minutes of gameplay, it's still looking like any other generic VN... :(
I wasn't gloryifying my skills or trying to bash others, but I'll seriously consider what you said. Thank you. And can you play the whole update before deciding if it's generic? Thanks again

4.00 star(s) 107 Votes