RPGM - Completed - Pimp Lord Chronicles [Final] [BUTTERBRAIN]

1. 2.00 star(s)

mrttao

+The art is fantastic

-RPGM is a terrible engine. Grindy and unfun.
    On the plus side this game uses RPGM MV which is vastly less shitty than older RPGM versions. It has command remember, fast forwards by holding down enter (that works in combat), and modern resolution (older RPGM was locked to 544x416 res)
    So it could have been way worse. But still unnecessarily grindy RPGM game.

- Mandatory NTR:
    -- game is missing the NTR (mandatory) tag and also the mind control tag
    -- a. all enemies are rape monsters who will rape your girls if you lose. Luckily it is very easy to win. Just do not accidentally click on surrender.
    -- b. So you traveled through the goblin infested zone and want to enter an orc infested mine. A random human guy blocks your way. You offer to have your first girl give him a blowjob. She suggests you just beat him up instead (you are sorta mind controlling her. she has to obey explicit orders but her thoughts and words are her own)... you are not actually given a choice. MC automatically ignores her suggestion of beating the guy up and goes ahead with making her suck him off. Which you are then forced to watch. Personally I would have loved to have the choice to do what she suggested and just beat up the moron.
    --c. few scenes of you being the one fucking your battle harem.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

AlexNipal

A nice simple game.

The combat seems optional: the story fights are fought with a preset character and I haven't found any secret that requires combat.
    Engaging with combat is still entertaining: there are a couple of chests with good gear inside that you can find behind strong enemies. It's useless if you avoid combat anyways but it's still rewarding.

The writing seems weak. The story is well described by one of the character as a "sex marathon road trip". You get from places to places to add girls to your harem, there's no grand story or complex scheme going on.
    While the story isn't anything to write home about, the dialogues do a good job at communicating the personalities of each character and making them feel different. It's not extraordinary but it's enjoyable.

The drawn art is nice. Like the dialogues it's good but not amazing.

I think this game is a solid first game. My hope is tha Butterbrain finishes it and carries this experience to another game. I'm not sure if I'll come back to this game when it is finished but I definitely look forward to the next game they make.