Pirate-themed adult games?

damndor

Looking for a nothing
Donor
Mar 10, 2018
How cum there are so few adult games that takes place with a pirate setting? Naturally, the no. 1 setting we see in so many games is the middle ages/ye olde times and futuristic setting. And the few pirate-themed games that we have available, are like less than 100mb in size, meaning it's done in 5mins or so aka they are too small. Is it really that unpopular of a theme that no developer dares taking the chance to make a game like that?

I am wondering why that is the case? Any ideas and/or thoughts on this?

Also, what pirate-themed games do we have anyway? Surely i have missed out on some.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Availablility of DAZ assets. There are a large amount of modern assets for DAZ, but most other themes really lack assets. Sci-fi is probably the second most presented theme, but even with that one you often see the same assets.

And its much harder to write. The vast majority of VNs are 'normal' life dating stories. Nothing spectacular of exciting really happens. A pirate themed game would require a different type of story as a dating story doesn't make much sense/feels wierd in the setting.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
You could probably find the necessary assets and props, including a sailing ship with cannon. But there's a finite number of roles you could put female love interests in--pirate queen, high society lady and her daughters, barmaid, prostitute, native tribeswoman, slave girl, etc.

damndor

Looking for a nothing
Donor
Mar 10, 2018
Interesting reading. No wonder we see a lot of the same type of themed games out there... So, unless the assets and props are in place, combined with a nice novel, it could work, but no wonder not many devs have tried doing this since that's the case.

Stretta

Nov 21, 2018
My guess is dealing with a ship is more work than anyone wants to do. For a pirate game it needs to be more than a menu from where you select a location to go.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Some dude downloaded a tesla then got laid in that same tesla would be a pretty nice game

oh wait you meant arrr matey pirates? oh nvm...

TheHighSpire

Feb 1, 2020
Others have already said it: there's a lack of assets and too much work in creating a ship.

I will add another one: Writing. Unless you want to create a story that just happens to be situated on a ship, then you will need some good writing. The story has to be at least a bit compelling and coherent for it to link the pirate stuff with the setting and the aspects of a lewd game. Many adult games writers aren't, imo, good at creating stories that differ too much from our contemporary setting.