JAFO70

May 11, 2020
I love this game and it's direction but I do have one complaint as I replay it from the start... That dang coffee machine... I go to grab the cup and end up making another cup... I have to wait a few seconds for the screen to zoom in and then stabilize. I ended up doing almost a full shift with an extra coffee on the tray :oops:

Oh, and if you are still tweaking the game physics/animations... I certainly would not be upset of you added some extra jiggle to the breasts and butt if she had some excuse to leave the bra at home.

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
This rings some bells. I know someone had this problem and turned out to be a device he had connected.
At any rate, I'll see if there's some unneeded axis I could remove in Unity input system.
I have a gamepad connected so there is probably a variable in your script using this. I can even walk around using my gamepad however the buttons aren't active so I'll have to use the mouse in combination.

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
I love this game and it's direction but I do have one complaint as I replay it from the start... That dang coffee machine... I go to grab the cup and end up making another cup... I have to wait a few seconds for the screen to zoom in and then stabilize. I ended up doing almost a full shift with an extra coffee on the tray :oops:

Oh, and if you are still tweaking the game physics/animations... I certainly would not be upset of you added some extra jiggle to the breasts and butt if she had some excuse to leave the bra at home.
Agreed. Once an item gets on your tray the only way to get rid of it is if a customer orders it. And in the case of coffee, that usually means it'll be cold by the time that happens. Though it might be due justice for the heathens that order coffee with pasta.

But yeah... When you're moving the tray of dishes out back, a fair amount of times (especially with some drinks in her) it sounds like she is absolutely destroying the plates. Oddly enough turning the storeroom into a war zone doesn't affect her or the storeowner's mood, while i like it for variety it feels odd for it to just be shrugged off like that.

Also, will her choice of clothing affect her work? Like, an uniform or apron over casual clothes will influence the amount of tip money she gets, heels giving more tips but sneakers making her walk faster etc.?

DreamingAway

Aug 24, 2022
Agreed. Once an item gets on your tray the only way to get rid of it is if a customer orders it. And in the case of coffee, that usually means it'll be cold by the time that happens.

Honestly if I could get rid of those items.. I'd probably have 12 cold coffee's at the end of my shift just so I could deliver that food a few seconds faster (I'd be brewing coffee 24/7 just in-case someone ordered it and throwing away cold ones so I don't lose performance)

Reactions: JAFO70

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Honestly if I could get rid of those items.. I'd probably have 12 cold coffee's at the end of my shift just so I could deliver that food a few seconds faster (I'd be brewing coffee 24/7 just in-case someone ordered it and throwing away cold ones so I don't lose performance)
Well, i schedule based on completion time. Coffee takes the longest to complete, then pizzas, then pasta and drinks are the fastest.

So when processing an order, i first put coffee on (if ordered), then head to the kitchen for pizzas and pastas and lastly grab drinks from the cooler. By that planning most things are done at around the same time and it's pretty much guaranteed to be steaming hot.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
hi, left the thread for a year, how's the game evolving ?
Slowly, but that's expected, as it takes time for a single dev to build up mechanics, art and assets. The game itself is good, but most content doesn't go anywhere, and still feels like a demo. There's not much more to do now, but some obvious reworks of existing mechanics. Hopefully, once the dev gets the mechanics locked down, we will see an improvement in the rate of story content. Like the other similar games (Insexity, Hot-Coffee), PH has a lot of potential to be a great game, as long as it doesn't end prematurely like those others.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Fair analysis. As far as content goes now, it doesn't feel like a two-year game.

With v0.12, I'll start a stream of small updates with which I hope to get into a more reassuring work cycle, both for me (to not get too stressed) and players (so they feel the project isn't stuck).

What I can tell you with 100% security is that this project won't be abandoned. I don't know about the guys behind those projects, but I pay my bills working full-time on this game, so it would be pretty stupid of me to drop it.
Finding that fine-line between working hard, and burning out, can be a challenge, and I think that's the pit many people fall into, especially when it comes to working a job simultaneously, so it's good to know that this is your job. I've seen other's burn-out on the creative side and simply not know where to take the story. So far I quite enjoy it, and when people enjoy something, they always hunger for more. We tend to eat up any small additions within hours of having it in our hands, so progress can seem less than it actually is overall, especially as we don't see how much work was done behind the scenes.

Personally, I'd like to see a more thorough way to increase the corruption through working at her job, even if that's repeatable generic RNG NPC content. As that grind would keep me occupied while waiting on the story content. Skipping work should never be a thing, as that seems what the game is based around as a core concept, and that's where the base mechanics should be laid out. There's a game called The Fixer, which is a good example of this, where it's possible to fully corrupt the protagonist, and do generic RNG activities at school, outside the main quests and story, so it feels more like a sandbox, that can be played indefinitely, so it keeps people engaged with the character, and thus the game.

Deckmaster

Jul 30, 2017
the minigame where you talk about him and have to click the right replies is going a bit too fast for me. Especially not those near the mc are just about impossible to reach before they turn red.

For the being on the good track the actual term is "we are on the right track"

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
Skipping work should never be a thing, as that seems what the game is based around as a core concept, and that's where the base mechanics should be laid out.
The current option to skip work is rational because there isn't much to do there aside from the MC getting spanked by the bossman. There aren't many options to spend the money on either... You're already incentivized to work to increase stats with the boss and get more tips, however neither of those have been fleshed out so until they are, skipping is justified.

Once the work loop includes all sorts of nsfw events around the restaurant, you'll obviously be compelled to play the minigame instead of skipping it. As you said, include more arousal, horny and corruption events around the work and it will ease the grind.

Reactions: OnePussy

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Fair analysis. As far as content goes now, it doesn't feel like a two-year game.

With v0.12, I'll start a stream of small updates with which I hope to get into a more reassuring work cycle, both for me (to not get too stressed) and players (so they feel the project isn't stuck).
Don't worry about it.

Making a game is like building a house: 90% of it is plumbing, wiring, stacking bricks and isolating walls so everything stays where it's supposed to, and all that will eventually be hidden by the remaining 10% wallpaper and Jenny's matching carpet and drapes.

More content is always nice, but so is not encountering crashes and bugs, and i'd rather have content that works than more content at the expense of quality. Just saying, your efforts are being seen, it's not like you tossed something together with whatever came with RPG Maker and called it a day. Getting that to work without everything crashing everywhere... yeah, that's the necessary groundwork to be able to turn it into something shiny.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
The current option to skip work is rational because there isn't much to do there aside from the MC getting spanked by the bossman. There aren't many options to spend the money on either... You're already incentivized to work to increase stats with the boss and get more tips, however neither of those have been fleshed out so until they are, skipping is justified.

Once the work loop includes all sorts of nsfw events around the restaurant, you'll obviously be compelled to play the minigame instead of skipping it. As you said, include more arousal, horny and corruption events around the work and it will ease the grind.
Exactly, which is why I feel that the Pizza place should be the priority for generic content, to keep the player engaged, while the rest of the game is built. That restaurant loop needs enough generic repeatable corruption and sex content, to play along-side the serving tables, so that we don't get to the stage of - "oh, let's skip, because there's nothing else to do", after completing the minimal story content.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, based on playing many games in similar states of dev (adult and non-adult games). The good ones will usually have some generic repeatable sandbox content (persistent gameplay loop) to engage the players between updates. This helps build the community, and keep people entertained, rather than the other end of the stick, where you play 5 minutes of new content each update, and you're back looking for something else; there are plenty of those type games too.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnyakuza1

RobAlson244

May 14, 2023
I love the new option for skipping work, it saves time and it is less anxiety-inducing on me. I did have a question about the restaurant minigame though. Do you plan on having any of the customers try to check out the MC when she reaches into the cooler? It could be a fun thing to watch unfold with options for us to scold them/not make a scene (kind of like on the bus). If you did plan on implementing this, my suggestion would be to alter the customer flow so that only 1 customer will be in the restaurant during this.

Speaking of customer flow, it's both a good thing and a bad thing that it is consistent. It's always 1 customer by himself who wants a beer and asks you to sit with him, followed by 1 or 2 customer(s) that come in before the first customer's food is ready. After these sets of customers are done, the same pattern repeats. Then the minigame ends. It's a good thing because it makes the minigame easy enough to figure out and less stressful, but it's also a bad thing because it's too predictable.

I know that the "sitting with the customer to drink beer" doesn't affect the timeframe for the other customers, but I never risk it because I don't want to take that chance that the game glitches and does affect the timeframe. Maybe after the first set of customers, have the order be: 1 or 2 customers come in, order food and drinks, then the final customer comes in and invites you to sit and drink with him.

Just my opinion, the game is still really awesome and I look forward to future updates! ^_^

nutka

Dec 30, 2022
are Mac (or linux) builds in the realm of possibility for this?
Well, I could push those compile buttons, yes, and if I don't get errors, upload them.

But it'll be the same as with LOK Rebith: if something explodes, I won't go to clean the dismembered corpses up. ;)

Let's wait a bit until it gets stable.
If it won't be too much work, may I dare to ask you to press this button? I promise to return feedback. The game runs very modestly under Wine. It takes half an eternity to load and the black screens where your magic works to prepare the next scene take too long. It would be neat to see how it looks with a native build. Not to mention I experienced a bug in the interaction of Wine with this version of Unity: If you switch briefly to another application and back again, all incoming keystrokes are ignored by Unity. Since you can only save in the morning and a day takes up a lot of RL time, your progress is lost if you have to do something else or look something up quickly on the same machine.

In any case, this bug hasn't stopped me from trying out the game and I'm thrilled. Unfortunately, you'll be busy until you retire implementing all the beautiful things that can already be seen on the horizon. There are still so many places to discover and visit. I'm sure there will be several more LIs or honey daddies to design and the heartbreaking story between MC and Kayla will also take its time. But the MC also has to go to university; what she's doing all day now, that's no life after all.

The MC is so cuddly and adorable that you want to keep her away from all the lewd and evil stuff. Unfortunately, the world out there is pretty mean. It would be great if the MC had the opportunity to talk to Keyla or even the perverted Mr. Humper about what happened in their paths and get some advice. Actually, the MC wouldn't have to pay rent if the landlord's laptop had been keeping an eye on her the whole time, and whether the massage parlor also keeps records of free sessions will hopefully be clarified at some point.

Working as a waitress is crazy fun. Even though it's repetitive, I always laugh my ass off when the MC drags dirty plates into the kitchen or when the cook turns on the microwave to order a pizza. Unfortunately, filling the fridge with drinks and taking away the plates after work is too boring to be presented in the same length again and again. However, while the guests are present, it makes perfect sense. A skip button to do this after work would be great. My MC wants to go home and discover the new things in her life and I also have my chores … ;-)

What is still annoying are the black loading sequences in the restaurant while switching to the conversation with a guest and after that back again. They disappear after you click the mouse button at some point. I would actually expect this to happen automatically and you wouldn't have to click anything. The time continues to run if nothing has been clicked until a click to start the conversation with the guest.

I played and I'm really looking forward to see what happens next. But after 22 days, I can't get past 15 Lewdness, 20 Exhibitionism and 30 Kayla relationship. Incidentally, my MC has a huge crush on Kayla, but unfortunately the stats aren't good enough for anything to come of it. Buying sportswear hasn't unlocked the gym or park either. It's not particularly pleasant living with only one pair of knickers. But the lingerie store isn't open either; only because my MC didn't dare to go there with Keyla. Wearing none is possible with the sports leggings, but my MC can not change in front of her boss. Using other clothes doesn't affect the guests in any way, especially when bending down without any knickers under the waitress uniform. My MC hasn't been spanked by Mr. Papadakis like others reported in this thread. How did I prevent this? I think only because my MC is very ambitious with her work attitude.

I couldn't find the exit in the convenience store on my first visit, as nothing seemed to be clickable … restart. At some point, my MC dared to go there again and found the exit on the far right. But she still couldn't buy anything there.

Did you open the
or was it a fan? Unfortunately, the wiki stops at v0.7 and if nothing happens there, it will soon disappear into data nirvana.

I wish you all the best things in this world and much more time, patience and fun developing your game. Please look if it's possible to press this ominous button for a Linux build. I promise to clean up the bloody mess if something explodes.

Reactions: Grolo

AveryFlare

Apr 10, 2022
That foreword weren't lying. This game can slow gradual development!!! It's also not helping when the walk speed feels incredibly slow compared to the size of the restaurant. But, there is one part of the dialogue where the main girl complained about it so I guess it's intentional? It still doesn't change the fact that the walk speed is one main part of making the game feel way too slower than it has to be, for me at least. I've only played for a short bit but I really like everything this game is setting up for. You don't see this type of game everyday so I'm happy to discover it. Good job on the devs and here's to more cool things with this game and the development!

edit: Also, the opening to the game made me feel so bad for the character, I sort of don't want to see her go through all of what the game has prepared for her, as weird as that may sound.

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
I sort of don't want to see her go through all of what the game has prepared for her, as weird as that may sound.
I don't know if it's popular opinion, but i don't believe that there are a lot aside from romance, coercion, some yuri and weak short story prepared for her, this game probably will remain extremely "safe" in this regard. I just hope that this game, as a full-time project, will have same quality level for the most game aspects, not only good art and mechanics range. But for now I am really pessimistic about it. Maybe good writer and game designer can change something.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 96 Votes