Liero

Jun 13, 2018
Although a lot of people are complaining about this.. I think the problem is more foundational.

If I put my game designer hat on when reading those comments, the issue isn't whether it's a "slow burn" or "bimbo day one" - it's just a problem about player choice and agency. If a player wants to keep her pure - then the pacing of the game is about right in how it's being played out right now - and a ton of people love that. If however, you wanted to press on the lewd gas pedal and let go of the wheel - then the game should reward / react to that too.
I would say this is the idea of the game when it goes further down the road. Opening up a ton of options for the player to pick and choose how they want to go seems to be the general idea of it.

Fundamentally there is an illusion of an open world here but you really are just 100% on rails with very little agency over how your character actually acts. The game constantly sets up situations where you feel like there's a choice to be made but in reality the promised content behind "the other choice" doesn't exist. The game is sorta leading you on and lying to you.
When making games, you have to at times make certain sacrifices in order to make any meaningful progress.
I think in this case, the reason why the game is railroading you towards a singular path, is because the developer has decided it is more important to move a certain part of the story forward, rather than adding multiple paths immediately.

I certainly do hope it is just a temporary measure in order to progress his own path first, and then go back and add different options as the game progresses.

I wouldn't say it's a lie "yet". If it goes on for several updates that you are incapable of making your own decisions for how the character should react, then I would be inclined to agree.

Reactions: Nice_Guy69 and dwak

vor1993

Dec 12, 2019
can i have someones save game? i had to reinstall win 11 due to some issues and lost my saves for lots of games i had max lewd and i think around 18-23 exhib

Terablock

Feb 11, 2018
too early... But seems really promising... I'll play it when at least two or three of the "upcoming fetishes" will be implemented. I'm tired to play the same games over and over again for two or three years hoping in some improvement when instead I got only small tweaks.

Reactions: Nice_Guy69

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Ehh, so dev added this real time stat capper, basicly every 10 secs it checks stat values for anything above current content and reverts then to the cap.

Now he says it's to because there is no point to stats being that high as there is no content beyond the caps, however clearly there was you could cheat to set them high and undress the character and walk around nude, even to work. Clearly this is a anti-cheat feature.

And btw to program a feature like this from scratch it take a real programmer at least 2 to 3 days, and that's one programmer working 8 hours a day. (It take less then an hour using a reconfigured exsisting btw) So translation for a non programmer working 10 to 30 mins a day it take 6 to 8 months. O snap wasnt there a giant 1 year gap in updates. Yea that's fishy. (Also a exhausting preconfigured would cost money, so definatly somthing a low budget dev would make themselves)

So, cheat engine, set values were I want them and lock them, every 10 seconds or so the anti cheat resets them, every .01 seconds cheat engine restores them. Anti cheat defeated. And If my non accurate account of how long it took the dev to make the anti cheat is even half correct, that's literally how much bloody time the dev has wasted doing somthing completely usless.

My point, CHEAT HAPPENS! So you can waste infinity trying to stop it, and fail epicly, OR you can just focus on what's important like acual content.

RobAlson244

May 14, 2023
This is what we need more of. People promoting actual good games in threads like this. The only one I'll comment on is Defenestration. That game has more content than this one (not hard) but it's also guilty of incredibly long spans between updates that sometimes don't provide much of anything. The art's fantastic though. I'd also suggest people look into Insexity and Unaware in the City. It's really apparent that this game was inspired heavily by the former and Unaware in the City is practically a spiritual successor to Insexity itself. I will say that Pizza Hot's art is superior to both, IMO, but of course it has far less content than either.
So, because of this game, I looked into Insexity and Unaware in the City. I enjoy all 3 games but have also reached all content of these 3 games. Are there any more games like these (go to the city, get a job, lewd stuff happens, etc)? I can only seem to find these 3. This type of game was something that I didn't know I needed until I played them.

Also, I agree that the art here is superior to the other 2 but just like Unaware in the City, there's only left/right movement. Insexity also had artwork for up/down which gave you a little bit of a better look. It would be nice if all 3 games had that.

If I was a decent writer and a decent artist, I would make one of these games myself. I started a project in RPG Maker MZ to try to replicate it but those are my only 2 obstacles. To test the size of the character, I used the sprites from Bitch Life and it works well. Those chibi characters aren't great for games like this but it's definitely possible.

Reactions: BirdFlu

darkgummy

Jan 20, 2018
So to get the 12 scenes, so that's' 12 weeks of not paying rent, that's skipping a day 4*12 times, with auto saves on each cycle... right?
I was happy to fund the game when he was developing the cafe and bus content, but I pulled funding when I heard there was a whole update of the fat & ugly landlord, no one wants that content.

Feb 1, 2018
And btw to program a feature like this from scratch it take a real programmer at least 2 to 3 days, and that's one programmer working 8 hours a day. (It take less then an hour using a reconfigured exsisting btw) So translation for a non programmer working 10 to 30 mins a day it take 6 to 8 months. O snap wasnt there a giant 1 year gap in updates. Yea that's fishy. (Also a exhausting preconfigured would cost money, so definatly somthing a low budget dev would make themselves)
I'm not sure what kind of programmers you know, but I'm a programmer, and I have worked with unity.
Usually you don't want to set performance heavy things to occur at every frame, but its extremely basic to just have something run every frame checking what, 6 stats max? And setting them to their current max, I could do this in 10 minutes if I was any familiarity with the code.

My point is, this game takes a long time to update, and the time it takes comes from Abelius being a lone programmer with insanely high standards. When you want to implement a feature, you start to see things that depend on that feature, and things that you had already made that need to be changed. Somewhere along the process you have to draw the line on how much you are willing to change, and how much time you are willing to spend changing every part of the process. This is also a problem with software engineering. If you have the whole thing planned out before you start, the process tends to go more smoothly, but even then, unexpected things just happen.

Abelius doesn't seem to have a trello set up anymore or some kind of software to keep track of what has to be done, even if in private. In my opinion, delivered from experience, thats is a big problem, not having all the steps planned out, not having a grasp on what every step of the process might be, or what these steps might require. He does seem to understand that this is important, and takes steps to program the game in a way that helps him account for future updates, yet he still finds himself having to fix and remake a lot, every update. That might be because he is the only one working in the code and cant really see things from another angle.

The game doesn't only seem to be a way for him to make a living, he also wants to keep the standards very high, maybe he lacks experience leading projects or organizing projects, which is very common even if you have worked in the industry before. But its undeniable that he has a vision for the project and is doing his best to accomplish it, while trying to make a living off of it in the process. However, the frequency in which even his best, not so well organized, process can generate new content and updates does not equal the promises he usually makes. On the start of the project, creating new content was easy, it could be done fast, he even made another game almost to prove this point to himself. But it didn't really work like that. And now, he can deliver 12 scenes in a 2 month long update.

There seems to be some problems with his own expectations and planning on what he is realistically able to do, and what is realistic for the project in general.
The problem isn't implementing "anti-cheat" features. It goes a lot deeper with the project planning in general.

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
I'm not familiar with unity based code, I an familiar with a quite a lot of other code. Few things I know most programming based suites are 3 volumes. Free, basic, and premium. Free is free but features are drastically limited (a good programmer though can still turn out quality with it though as they know how to work around limitations within the restrictions of those limitations), next is basic it will usually run you 30 to 40 bucks and is about what every self employed lone indie game dev is using and it's not limited in anyway however dosent come with any extra features (a good programmer can make miracles happen with just this any feature it doesn't have can be self added with just know how and the average grind), lastly is premium at 200 to 800 bucks which basicly dose everything you want it to and anything it dosent can be downloaded at no cost or a small extra cost, for anything else it provides any good programmer a easy mode way of just adding what features they want themselves.

Now what version of the unity programming suite do you own, furthermore if that's the case like I said iv never f'ed around with unity nor do I ever care to. That's not saying I'm not inclined to get schooled on it by others though for my lack of knowledge on it, just simply my disinterest in it entirely myself.

The way I see it that feature your talking about doing in 10 mins I highly doubt any company like the makers of the unity programming suite would give it away for free, although iv been known to be wrong a time or 1e(inf) lmao.(if you get that joke).

But I highly suspect what your talking about is a already a perceived model of coding to do a certain function along side a function that it dose normally and some else figured out how to do that ages ago. And nowadays it's just a readymade script that's ether basic knowledge or easly reconfigured from a basic set. If that's the case then I can see even this dev doing that in 10 mins. (typical programmer hack) Although most programming suites iv used highly restrict what you can do for purposes of that's lost revenue if they didnt.

joeschmoe12345

May 19, 2022
So, because of this game, I looked into Insexity and Unaware in the City. I enjoy all 3 games but have also reached all content of these 3 games. Are there any more games like these (go to the city, get a job, lewd stuff happens, etc)? I can only seem to find these 3. This type of game was something that I didn't know I needed until I played them.

Also, I agree that the art here is superior to the other 2 but just like Unaware in the City, there's only left/right movement. Insexity also had artwork for up/down which gave you a little bit of a better look. It would be nice if all 3 games had that.

If I was a decent writer and a decent artist, I would make one of these games myself. I started a project in RPG Maker MZ to try to replicate it but those are my only 2 obstacles. To test the size of the character, I used the sprites from Bitch Life and it works well. Those chibi characters aren't great for games like this but it's definitely possible.
So Insexsity and Unaware in the City are the only two that come to mind that clearly either inspired or were inspired by Pizza Hot. You could also try Unaware of the World if you haven't already. It's made by the same person who made Unaware in the City but the art's far worse because it's older. I could recommend a lot more if you're looking for a "female protagonist put into new environment and gets corrupted" sort of thing. None are 2D side-scrollers though.

https://f95zone.to/threads/third-crisis-v0-57-steam-anduo-games.9027/
https://f95zone.to/threads/claires-quest-v0-25-3a-dystopian-project.614/
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-lewd-knight-v0-95-5-feodosiy.33969/
https://f95zone.to/threads/star-knightess-aura-v0-40-0-aura-dev.76764/
https://f95zone.to/threads/final-orginity-v0-3-3-b-ropoductions.116249/
https://f95zone.to/threads/good-girl-gone-bad-v1-2-jasmin-dlc-eva-kiss.2633/
https://f95zone.to/threads/uni-v0-50-112c-hizor-games.15645/
https://f95zone.to/threads/lust-campus-c3-final-redlolly.64103/

If you're ok with 3dcg games you could also try these.

https://f95zone.to/threads/katies-corruption-v1-19-3diddly.1838/
https://f95zone.to/threads/fashion-business-ep-4-v5-00-extra-decentmonkey.11501/
https://f95zone.to/threads/road-trip-v1-7-5-final-dims40.105776/
https://f95zone.to/threads/chloe18-v1-02-gds.3959/

And since we're on a thread for Pizza Hot, I might as well suggest this guy's other game Pizza Cold. It's basically nothing more than a demo and I doubt it'll ever be updated but considering there's a blowjob in that game it technically has a higher level of sexual content than this game. It was originally billed as a parody of Pizza Hot and I almost wish he'd put this game on hold and focused on that one because maybe then there'd actually be sex involved before 2040. It'd also save him from needing an actual writer for the script because abysmal dialogue is easier to excuse in a parody game.

caschque

Feb 5, 2018
What? 2 to 3 days? Are you serious? This is merely setting 6 variables after certain intervals of time. You could implement a timer or something similar. It's quite straightforward... you definitely don't need 2 to 3 days for this. Not even 6 to 8 months. Even ChatGPT 3.5 could handle that easily.

I like Abelius' games, but they take way too long for development no matter the reason.

3.90 star(s) 97 Votes