whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
Its like voting. If you don't vote to help make changes, quit bitching. If you are a supporter or former. Bitch all you want. If you haven't supported. Go find a Game you have supported and Bitch over there. I have never complained on this site about a game I haven't supported. Kicker is I've Bitched about a lot of Games.
So, essentially you're saying that you have to financially support a developer that is giving you nothing you want before you can complain that they're giving you nothing you want?

People support a game when they like what they see, so naturally that is going to create an echo chamber of people that are willing to pay money out that either aren't going to give any serious criticism or are simply going to stop financially supporting the game. Imagine a company telling potential investors "Sure, we haven't shown a solid return since we started almost a year ago, things are moving a lot slower than we said, we don't have a proven track record, and we're not working on the things we promised and don't really care, but please take a chance on us!"

CSK92

Sep 24, 2017
So, essentially you're saying that you have to financially support a developer that is giving you nothing you want before you can complain that they're giving you nothing you want?

People support a game when they like what they see, so naturally that is going to create an echo chamber of people that are willing to pay money out that either aren't going to give any serious criticism or are simply going to stop financially supporting the game. Imagine a company telling potential investors "Sure, we haven't shown a solid return since we started almost a year ago, things are moving a lot slower than we said, we don't have a proven track record, and we're not working on the things we promised and don't really care, but please take a chance on us!"
No. That theres too much Bitching.LOL

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
No. That theres too much Bitching.LOL
What you call "bitching" everyone else calls criticism. This is a game that the author is asking for money on. That immediately legitimizes criticism from anyone, whether they've spent money or not because the dev is expecting a profit. They're not doing it for charity. Once someone spends money, they are signaling to the dev that they are satisfied with the way things are being done. Do you buy a product from a store with the knowledge that you're already unsatisfied just to complain to the manufacturer? No, if you knew that, you wouldn't buy the product. Except there's no refunds here.

thegooglyman

Googlyman Studios
Game Developer
Dec 15, 2017
No, no I don't. Bitching is complaining with no basis or proposed solutions, or do you intend to argue that any criticism a developer disagrees with is "bitching"?
No, I'm stating that as someone with intimate knowledge of the game development process, as well as insight into how Pizza Hot is being made, that most of the criticism is, in fact, bitching and is in no way helpful in the development process.

The first problem is you're attempting to propose a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Reactions: ewwman79

Lolichu

May 4, 2017
No, I'm stating that as someone with intimate knowledge of the game development process, as well as insight into how Pizza Hot is being made, that most of the criticism is, in fact, bitching and is in no way helpful in the development process.

The first problem is you're attempting to propose a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
Wasn't the problem he was trying at address related to the lack of supporters and how he believed it was due to the prioritization of the dev vs. what he thinks potential supporters want? I do not have insight into how Pizza Hot is being made, but from the dev's words, he claims he is losing money, so to me that implies at the very least there *is* a problem that exists with gaining/maintaining supporters. Unless losing money won't impact the project in any meaningful way.

Perhaps you can shed some more light on this with the knowledge that you have which we lack. Even from a game development process, for those who are unfamiliar with it. From my experience it's always business before pleasure in that regard, but I've never had myself as my own boss before.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018

There have been multiple statements on what the problems are, why they are problems, and how they should be addressed. You are not the authority on whether a problem exists, especially since many single-dev games do not exhibit the problems shown here. You make a very easy dismissal without explaining how any of the previous criticisms are not, in fact, problems.

junocum

Feb 28, 2023
The dev has stated on Discord that a new version will be available this month.
I guess it may take a little more time for a free access on this thread.
can i ask something , i downloaded the game and started to play it feels so jittery and stiff will the controles improve

Koyaga

Sep 6, 2020
can i ask something , i downloaded the game and started to play it feels so jittery and stiff will the controles improve
I don't know but you can ask directly to the dev on Discord. The Discord link is on the first page.

DaBears0408

Oct 28, 2018

I really want this game to succeed, so I hope you are correct. I think the biggest hurdle this developer will face is growth in subscribers because of his decisions in the development timeline, what content to focus on and addressing criticsm. I do hope his next release knocks it out of the park in a way that helps him finish the game - meaning he makes the cash he probably needs to keep going.

That being said - you probably are not helping. You sound like an egostistical sort of person that is basically telling everyone how they should feel. Imagine yourself eating at a pizza parlor and your pizza came out way later than expected and not to your expectation. You complain. The restaurant manager tells you to stop bitchin. Would you come back?

Since you have intimate knowledge of this game - mind telling everyone what you think this next update will be like? Much of what people have been asking for, or more of the same?

thegooglyman

Googlyman Studios
Game Developer
Dec 15, 2017
Since you have intimate knowledge of this game - mind telling everyone what you think this next update will be like? Much of what people have been asking for, or more of the same?
Never said intimate knowledge of Pizza Hot, just insight. As someone who is also making a game that isn't just a bunch of Daz Renders slapped together using assets pirated for free from this very site, "just doing what the subscribers want" isn't a solution. I don't need to tell everyone when the next update will be. If you guys took your heads out your own asses long enough to actually care about the development of the game, you could go to the Pizza Hot Discord where Abelius provides updates.

People who signed up for development processes like this should know what they are getting into. Subscribestar/Patreon are not Kickstarter or a retail store. You are not purchasing a product. You are supporting a creator. If you have issues with the creator, that's fine. Take your money and walk. But nothing here is being done incorrectly or nefariously. This is the nature of creating developing a game. My contention with this discourse is that there is something Abelius could do differently to make "everyone happy" and you can't.

When I said "Intimate knowledge", it is from my own experience in trying to appease people by rushing out content without future proofing. It causes more harm than help, and the few impatient people you lose out do not out weigh the people you will lose out on if your work is of poor quality.

Someone who has left happy with quality will come back for an update down the line. Someone who is unhappy will not stick around for more garbage.

DaBears0408

Oct 28, 2018
Never said intimate knowledge of Pizza Hot, just insight. As someone who is also making a game that isn't just a bunch of Daz Renders slapped together using assets pirated for free from this very site, "just doing what the subscribers want" isn't a solution. I don't need to tell everyone when the next update will be. If you guys took your heads out your own asses long enough to actually care about the development of the game, you could go to the Pizza Hot Discord where Abelius provides updates.

People who signed up for development processes like this should know what they are getting into. Subscribestar/Patreon are not Kickstarter or a retail store. You are not purchasing a product. You are supporting a creator. If you have issues with the creator, that's fine. Take your money and walk. But nothing here is being done incorrectly or nefariously. This is the nature of creating developing a game. My contention with this discourse is that there is something Abelius could do differently to make "everyone happy" and you can't.

When I said "Intimate knowledge", it is from my own experience in trying to appease people by rushing out content without future proofing. It causes more harm than help, and the few impatient people you lose out do not out weigh the people you will lose out on if your work is of poor quality.

Someone who has left happy with quality will come back for an update down the line. Someone who is unhappy will not stick around for more garbage.
Another developer tells people in another game's thread to take your money and walk...not sure that's a cool thing to do man. Are you defending or sabotaging?

4.00 star(s) 96 Votes