ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
No no, there's supporting devs on here. It's just that devs aren't entitled to financial support, since it's an erotic game piracy forum. The whole bonus for devs on here is that there's enough exposure that there will be a large enough percentage of people financially supporting a game they really like.
of course there is support here, but responding with "go pay" to question of free ver in a piracy forum is quite contrary to what's going on

DaBears0408

Oct 28, 2018
Dev announced on his discord that V.08 will be free when V.09 is out to top tier subscribers. If you go on to the discord, you can clearly catch the vibe that his loyal followers don't regard the "peasants" of this community at a high regard. Honestly was considering supporting back last year. Game has potential, in my opininion, the most promise out of all the games I've tried here- but actually really is crap today. Maybe some day it wont be crap, but seems like the game is being made from some weird dev ego supported by other dev egos who haven't really made anything amazing to support the egos.

Check in again in a few months to see if anything changes...

Latetoparty

Feb 25, 2021
Of course the paid subs look down on us. The two top theirs alone are feeding well over $3000 into the project. Gotta make themselves feel better somehow ;)

Considering that the dev was one of the loudest voices during the fall of LOK rebirth - you know, those devs that were just milking their fan base for thousands with little to no content - it's kind of funny.

Oh, I only bring this up because of the post on the main substar page of pizza hot, wherein the dev admits this about the game release:
"Now, keep in mind this doesn't represent 6-7 months of working on JUST content. Sure, you'll be entertained for a while, but the bulk of this update changes and additions have gone to make sure I have solid ground for the restaurant events I have planned"

I'm not a game developer, don't know if fixing 200 bugs takes as much time as claimed, but I do know about deadlines. We all do. From what little I've seen of the new release, it strikes me of someone who sat around a couple of months too long and sudden realised that the due date was just around the corner, and then spent 2 months firing on all cylinders.

I could be wrong, hell, I'd LOVE to eat my words here, but I thought this was a full time job for the dev? Like, $3000 a month type job. 6 months and all that's happened is "some" new waitress stuff?

I guess you either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain, eh?

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
Considering that the dev was one of the loudest voices during the fall of LOK rebirth - you know, those devs that were just milking their fan base for thousands with little to no content - it's kind of funny.

Oh, I only bring this up because of the post on the main substar page of pizza hot, wherein the dev admits this about the game release:
"Now, keep in mind this doesn't represent 6-7 months of working on JUST content. Sure, you'll be entertained for a while, but the bulk of this update changes and additions have gone to make sure I have solid ground for the restaurant events I have planned"

I'm not a game developer, don't know if fixing 200 bugs takes as much time as claimed, but I do know about deadlines. We all do. From what little I've seen of the new release, it strikes me of someone who sat around a couple of months too long and sudden realised that the due date was just around the corner, and then spent 2 months firing on all cylinders.
Back in September, this was said about version 0.8: " That said, v0.8 will be very content heavy, to offset the apparent lack of progression of this summer update."

Now, it's going to be version 0.9 that will switch to focusing on content. That is until 200 more bugs pop up. 200 bugs is a LOT for a game that simply does not have that much in it yet, especially content that requires user interaction. If those 200 bugs were of any real consequence, the game would be virtually unplayable, so I find it hard to believe this claim isn't overstated. There are always going to be bugs to fix, and there are always going to be new bugs introduced. That's the nature of software development. Most users are probably not going to encounter these bugs unless they're critical. I think many devs forget that the average user doesn't care about how stable and optimized everything is because they can't SEE it. You can spend months making the most stable framework known to man, but all users are going to notice is that there's barely anything on top of it.

Mosman44

Dec 15, 2021

I could be wrong, hell, I'd LOVE to eat my words here, but I thought this was a full time job for the dev? Like, $3000 a month type job. 6 months and all that's happened is "some" new waitress stuff?
I've been willing to give Abelius my patience and faith since 0.7 for reasons I spelled out at the end of page 97. But now that 0.8 is done and the majority of the core engine should be in place... I'm expecting updates with reasonable amounts of new story & sexual content every 2-3 months at max. If not, I'll be joining all you doubters.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
I've been willing to give Abelius my patience and faith since 0.7 for reasons I spelled out at the end of page 97. But now that 0.8 is done and the majority of the core engine should be in place... I'm expecting updates with reasonable amounts of new story & sexual content every 2-3 months at max. If not, I'll be joining all you doubters.
I feel like it could go either way at this point. As I mentioned, Abelius said that 0.8 would have a focus on significant content. Now, he says that 0.9 will. Maybe a lot of issues really did come up, but Abelius claims he works 12 hours a day every day. If there really were 200 issues that needed resolved and he spent say 80% of his time working on them, that would still be roughly 10 hours spent on a single issue on average. Maybe they really were serious issues that needed resolved, but somehow I doubt the majority of them were high priority or fundamental problems with the engine.

Most might be willing to forgive the delay if Abelius had a proven track record of delivering great games on a timely basis, but he doesn't, and the attitude he's displayed to criticism on this forum doesn't inspire confidence either, such as minimizing his critics as people creating multiple fake accounts. Supporters are taking a shot in the dark based on Abelius's words which he has not delivered on several times now. Him acknowledging his failings doesn't change the fact that he hasn't delivered on much of anything so far in the roughly year and a half he's been at it.

Maybe it is just a string of unfortunate circumstances, but again, I think his actions here, slow delivery, and unproven record are strong arguments for doubting him.

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
It looks like Abelius reached their minimum funding goal of at least $3,600. Congrats.

I know I looked the other day and it was not that high, or at least I have a fuzzy recollection of such.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I feel like it could go either way at this point. As I mentioned, Abelius said that 0.8 would have a focus on significant content. Now, he says that 0.9 will. Maybe a lot of issues really did come up, but Abelius claims he works 12 hours a day every day. If there really were 200 issues that needed resolved and he spent say 80% of his time working on them, that would still be roughly 10 hours spent on a single issue on average. Maybe they really were serious issues that needed resolved, but somehow I doubt the majority of them were high priority or fundamental problems with the engine.

Most might be willing to forgive the delay if Abelius had a proven track record of delivering great games on a timely basis, but he doesn't, and the attitude he's displayed to criticism on this forum doesn't inspire confidence either, such as minimizing his critics as people creating multiple fake accounts. Supporters are taking a shot in the dark based on Abelius's words which he has not delivered on several times now. Him acknowledging his failings doesn't change the fact that he hasn't delivered on much of anything so far in the roughly year and a half he's been at it.

Maybe it is just a string of unfortunate circumstances, but again, I think his actions here, slow delivery, and unproven record are strong arguments for doubting him.
Yeah. Honestly I liked the guy, until I read the 3600$ milestone text.
Working every day of the week 12h? 3600$ a month to break even?
I supported him for a while and I'm glad I did because I think he can make a great game and I love the fact that he skipped Patreon, but reading the bullshit above just makes me mad.

Aug 22, 2018
If you go on to the discord, you can clearly catch the vibe that his loyal followers don't regard the "peasants" of this community at a high regard.
This right here is the reason I cut my support for this game a few months ago.
His Discord sadly is incredibly toxic and it's slowly getting into the head of the main dev (understandable if you have to babysit a bunch of entitled aholes all day long).
I really wish the dev all the best and maybe I'll support him again in a few years when this is nearly finished, we'll see...

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I can't wait for 0.9. 0.8 sounds like a major upgrade and regardless what some write on this forum dev is really communicative and professional so far. I only hope save games will work in a future versions cuz it's a bit annoying to replay whole game after each update. I hope next update will have some decent content for Humper, Boss or Yoshida (or for all of them) cuz les content is not really for me. So far so good.

Optimelle

May 7, 2017
This right here is the reason I cut my support for this game a few months ago.
His Discord sadly is incredibly toxic and it's slowly getting into the head of the main dev (understandable if you have to babysit a bunch of entitled aholes all day long).
I really wish the dev all the best and maybe I'll support him again in a few years when this is nearly finished, we'll see...
This is why I quit "supporting" devs on sites like Patreon. When they have enough of a game they can plonk it on Steam or similar platforms and I'll gladly support the developers I am interested in by buying a game, even if it is in Alfa, beta, ..., omega stage.
"Supporting" on Patreon or similar encourages devs to take it as slow as possible, take tons of feedback, and then stray from the original plan (means extra work/effort/time) and we get an end product by the time my unborn son is old enough to play the game end to end. This is one of the reasons so many promising titles go under: it's the replay again and again and again just because the saves are not compatible, it becomes so stale, so boring that players and potential buyers forget about the game altogether.
There are some who can afford to be high-tier supporters of several games. I work for my money and I like to do more with them than just debit to someone who probably works and has fun with friends and family and every once in a while decides to "well if it's raining and shitty outside I guess I can work on that project for a bit". <- Not a rule but plenty of them out there.
There is also that category of developers that get a stub of a very promising game out, rake in a bunch of $$$ because supporters flock in and then no real updates for months. This is not the case for this dev who has quite a few games under his/her/their belt with each one getting better, more complex, more game less repny VN.

4.00 star(s) 96 Votes