Mosman44

Dec 15, 2021
To catch up all of you who are suddenly paying attention to this game thread again for the first time in a long while thanks to the update....
  • As of 0.8 the female MC is still being slowly corrupted. Nothing except fingers has gone into any of her holes
  • Yes, it has been a long time (~8 months) since version 0.7
  • The 0.9 version however sounds like it will be coming out (for top patrons) in early June
  • 0.8 has a fair number of content additions relative to 0.7, but given the time gap many were expecting a lot more
  • Those of us who are on the Dev's discord site heard that the delays were due to numerous engine upgrades being made to his custom Unity-based game engine. Those are supposed to be done as of 0.8, which is why 0.9 should be arriving much sooner
  • The engine upgrades are also why 0.8 required new Save games. This should no longer be the case going forward
  • Many people here on f95 either haven't bothered to listen or simply don't believe the Dev in his explanations for the delay + lack of new content. And they like to complain about it angrily here
  • Given that this is the internet and the overall track record for sex games without regular updates being completed isn't great, the lack of trust and anger is not surprising
  • Hopefully frequent updates will indeed be the reality going forward. Or you can join team-pessimism and doubt it. Either way it is in Abelius' hands and what we say here on this site is unlikely to make much difference.

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
To catch up all of you who are suddenly paying attention to this game thread again for the first time in a long while thanks to the update....
  • As of 0.8 the female MC is still being slowly corrupted. Nothing except fingers has gone into any of her holes
  • The 0.9 version however sounds like it will be coming out (for top patrons) in early June
  • 0.8 has a fair number of content additions relative to 0.7, but given the time gap many were expecting a lot more
  • Those of us who are on the Dev's discord site heard that the delays were due to numerous engine upgrades being made to his custom Unity-based game engine. Those are supposed to be done as of 0.8, which is why 0.9 should be arriving much sooner
  • The engine upgrades are also why 0.8 required new Save games. This should no longer be the case going forward
  • Many people here on f95 either haven't bothered to listen or simply don't believe the Dev in his explanations for the delay + lack of new content. And they like to complain about it angrily here
  • Given that this is the internet and the overall track record for sex games without regular updates being completed isn't great, the lack of trust and anger is not surprising
  • Hopefully frequent updates will indeed be the reality going forward. Or you can join team-pessimism and doubt it. Either way it is in Abelius' hands and what we say here on this site is unlikely to make much difference.
Well I do hope that what you're saying turns out to be true, because so far it hasn't been all that great. It's been over a year since I tried this game and back then it turned out to be nothing but a tedious grind with little to no content.

Honestly I had all but forgotten that this game even existed. As much as I hope things will be different from here on out, I think I speak for many of us when I say 'I'll believe it when I see it..'

That said, thanks for the update.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
You admit the track record of sex games without regular updates being completed isn't great and that it's not surprising that there's a lack of trust, but then you seem to have this attitude that Abelius is different. Why should anyone take that at face value when he has done nothing to warrant that attitude? In fact, he did the opposite and got pissy when he was called out on it. Where is his track record of previous successes that give people such faith?

Dec 30, 2017
To be honest looking at the dev rep as the original dev of LOK Rebirth which are abandoned now. and looking how the dev progress now. I can't help myself not to join the team-pessimism. hope i wrong tho

vor1993

Dec 12, 2019
Abelius how do you refill the drinks cooler i have tried everything trying to refill it before work during getting changed etc nothing works it needs a button to auto refill or just simply remove the counter i very much doubt its needed to have a counter

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
So not abandoned, sweet hadn't been an update In a good long while. Before this long break they had a solid 3 to 4 months of constant updates. Take it that's due to a on season off season normal job, cuase if I recall before those few months it sat as a demo for almost a half a year.
Didn't this dev claim he was working full time on this game?

I mean, he was begging for money on his SS page, claiming he was unemployed and needed the money because of ex-wife and their children or something IIRC.

Was it all lies?

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
To be honest looking at the dev rep as the original dev of LOK Rebirth which are abandoned now. and looking how the dev progress now. I can't help myself not to join the team-pessimism. hope i wrong tho
To be fair, Abelius was the only dev on that entire team who actually got any work done, which was the reason he left in the first place.

zedascove

Jul 13, 2018
To be honest though, there are games out there with far slower development cycles. This one is not even 2 years old and has had quite a few updates, despite being harder to make(from a technical standpoint) than Renpy VNs(I assume). Not to mention the dev regularly posts what he's working on on his Discord. Some devs leave their supporters in the dark for many months so you don't even know they're still active.

Dev also worked on the engine and mechanics on the last update, which is why it took so long for so little content according to him. In this case I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Honestly, I'm really thankful this game is even being made. There are not enough sandbox "side-scrollers" built upon slow corruption theme out there. Can't really complain.

The fact that it's exclusively on SS is another plus because we won't have to be afraid of self-imposed censorship due to fear of being banned from the platform.

Last edited:

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
To be fair, Abelius was the only dev on that entire team who actually got any work done, which was the reason he left in the first place.
Wrong. Abelius was kicked off the team, and he himself has admitted this. He didn't choose to leave. He posted about this in the LOK Rebirth thread. I'm paraphrasing because he excluded that section of his DMs with Kuja, but Kuja supposedly called him "the worst amateur creator ever".

Last edited:

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
If you like this game, please at the very least support it by buying the cheaper tiers when you can even if you download it for free. The quality is impeccable
No, the quality isn't impeccable. The game is really resource consuming (even without have an over detailed graphic), so the animations aren't smooth and you need to await a lot of time before the game can load a new map or a new scene. Moreover you can't save the game outside the apartment; even if a lot of Unity games allow you to do that. Nothing really critical, but not even an example of impeccable quality.

Reactions: Drill Sergeant

Koyaga

Sep 6, 2020
Abelius how do you refill the drinks cooler i have tried everything trying to refill it before work during getting changed etc nothing works it needs a button to auto refill or just simply remove the counter i very much doubt its needed to have a counter
I guess the point of the beverage cooler that has to be filled is to add a play mechanism during the restaurant mini-game. That's why you can only fill the fridge during service, when drinks are running low.
A single-player game without obstacles wouldn't really be a game.

Destroyer007

Apr 26, 2018
How the hell do you do bad work? Tried everything. Being slow, giving wrong orders, everyone is always happy
The fastest way to do bad work is to remember that two sets of customers come in each batch. One asks you to sit with them while the other doesnt

Always go for the sitting and then drink like crazy. In the second batch just drink again and fall drunk. This is guarantee bad customer rating. For the other customers just quickly deliver food in the first batch to skip quickly and get drunk again during second batch

P.s. Customers dont enter quite so randomly.. They enter as a set of 2 -3 on average and no new customer comes in until u serve the previous set/batch so quickly serve the others.

Reactions: ph33rg0d

Warfox

Oct 5, 2017
Gotta admit, compared to the prior version, this one seems a lot more polished. Cleaner animations, more events. I would love to see a lot more events on the bus, in particular, including on the way to work, not just on the way back. Need a lot more lewd possibilities while waitressing too, including random groping and spanking. Things she needs to react to rather than make decisions on; though she does need plenty of decision options too.

4.00 star(s) 96 Votes