Tool RPGM HTML Ren'Py Flash Play RPG Maker XP/VX/VX Ace/MV/MZ, Ren'Py, HTML, TyranoBuilder, Adobe Flash, Construct 2 & 3, NScripter, Twine, VN Maker on Android using JoiPlay

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
Hello folks. I've been trying to play games that's using rpg VX Ace and when it asked for the RTP (1st pic) i just don't know which file it's asking as i've ran the setup on rtp and the extracted file is just (2nd pic) and it keeps saying the folder is empty. It's giving me itches as it seems like i missed something but i don't know what
Dont unzip the downloaded rtp file.

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
Joiplay 1.20.005

Rpgmaker MZ games suffer 2 MAJOR bugs (which are actually the same one) :

- "pako is not defined" when leaving options window
- "Save" doesn't work at all (games don't autosave either, for those that have the function)

Both bugs are solved by going in Joiplay's HTML settings and DISabling "Allow External Modules". In addition, you will need to ENable "NWJSAPI" or you'll get a messed up scaling after disabling the external modules.

-------

Gamepad buttons size bug
Don't know why, but my Joiplay oversize the buttons by default. Usually around 140. I discovered it automatically add 60 to Burton size, so to have my usual 80, I had to set it to 20 and save.

( I posted it here because it looks like the main thread regardant Joiplay. The tool is becoming more and more popular, a sticky could be useful at some point)

Reactions: laylapixies

Loor_Laulel

Nov 18, 2022
Did you install ren'py plugin for Joiplay ? Is your Joiplay up-to-date (1.20.015)? What game is it?
Yes i install renpy plugin.
yes my joiplay is up to date.
every game i tries.
With playstore joiplay the game always crash in title screen meanwhile for the newest version it's stuck in loading screen

Last edited:

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
With playstore joiplay the game always crash in title screen meanwhile for the newest version it's stuck in loading screen
I tried and indeed it doesn't load. I had the attached traceback. Tried messing with the options, it did nothing. I tried downgrading the ren'py plugin, nothing either. I think the problem doesn't come from the plugin but from Joiplay itself.

It's been a long time since I played a ren'py game, but if I remember correctly, it was working around versions 1.10 or 1.11 of Joiplay, you can try those. They're on their patreon page free.

Loor_Laulel

Nov 18, 2022
I tried and indeed it doesn't load. I had the attached traceback. Tried messing with the options, it did nothing. I tried downgrading the ren'py plugin, nothing either. I think the problem doesn't come from the plugin but from Joiplay itself.

It's been a long time since I played a ren'py game, but if I remember correctly, it was working around versions 1.10 or 1.11 of Joiplay, you can try those. They're on their patreon page free.
Still doesn't load

Mr.Ark

Nov 21, 2021
What to do if the role-playing game takes a long time to load the characters on the screen and lugs during the initiation of the battle? Only after 2-3 minutes the characters appear and the game stops lagging, but may crash. Help

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
What to do if the role-playing game takes a long time to load the characters on the screen and lugs during the initiation of the battle? Only after 2-3 minutes the characters appear and the game stops lagging, but may crash. Help
It mostly depends the game honestly. Mv and mz are particularly memory heavy, and depending the plugins used it can be even worse, especially with many parallaxes or crafting/looting scripts. Lightnings scripts have also their fair share of power. I've attached my settings, they seem to be the best generic settings, but if you tell me which game it is, I can try to see if I can refine them.
Screenshot_20230108-195538.png Screenshot_20230108-195554.png Screenshot_20230108-195608.png Screenshot_20230108-195620.png

Mr.Ark

Nov 21, 2021
It mostly depends the game honestly. Mv and mz are particularly memory heavy, and depending the plugins used it can be even worse, especially with many parallaxes or crafting/looting scripts. Lightnings scripts have also their fair share of power. I've attached my settings, they seem to be the best generic settings, but if you tell me which game it is, I can try to see if I can refine them.
View attachment 2295597 View attachment 2295598 View attachment 2295600 View attachment 2295601
Sorry but for some reason f95zone is not loading any pictures on my phone, so i can't see settings. I tried JumbleStrikers for example there are other games with this problem like that

Last edited:

Machiavel

Sep 2, 2020
Sorry but for some reason f95zone is not loading any pictures on my phone, so i can't see settings. I tried JumbleStrikers for example there are other games with this problem like that
So. Good news. If you disable the plugin "SceneFormation", your problem should be solved for Jumble Strikers. Long tap the game icon -> Edit plugins -> tap on SceneFormation -> tap DISABLE on the popup -> tap SAVE on the bottom right. If done correctly, you should get a "plugins.js is saved" popup.

This plugin adds a fancy screen for the formation menu, allowing you to add and remove membres of the party, hence making you able to play with only 1 party member if you wish.

The problem is apparently that it also have a Formation battle command, which doesn't seems to be used (at least at the game beginning) which, I guess from the functions in the plugin, allows you to change your party during a battle. I Guess the bugs in battles comes from those functions. So I recommend you to disable the plugin, and enable it only when you need it outsider of battles. But tbh, I'm not sure this plugin is really useful.

Bad news is... It's probably only for this specific game. For another one, it might be a completely different plugin at cause.

Reactions: Mr.Ark

Mr.Ark

Nov 21, 2021
So. Good news. If you disable the plugin "SceneFormation", your problem should be solved for Jumble Strikers. Long tap the game icon -> Edit plugins -> tap on SceneFormation -> tap DISABLE on the popup -> tap SAVE on the bottom right. If done correctly, you should get a "plugins.js is saved" popup.

This plugin adds a fancy screen for the formation menu, allowing you to add and remove membres of the party, hence making you able to play with only 1 party member if you wish.

The problem is apparently that it also have a Formation battle command, which doesn't seems to be used (at least at the game beginning) which, I guess from the functions in the plugin, allows you to change your party during a battle. I Guess the bugs in battles comes from those functions. So I recommend you to disable the plugin, and enable it only when you need it outsider of battles. But tbh, I'm not sure this plugin is really useful.

Bad news is... It's probably only for this specific game. For another one, it might be a completely different plugin at cause.
Thanks dude

DyonisXX

Jun 13, 2022
Hey guys, I'm new to Joiplay, I haven't noticed any setting for it so I'm wondering if there's a way to change what each gesture does?

Ideally I'd like swipe down to hide UI and swipe left to rewind

May 22, 2020
I have massive lag in princess knight claris after getting enough control, the lag in battle brings it down to 1 fps making it, anyway to make it so it doesn't lag to the point of unplayability?

May 22, 2020
View attachment 2295597 View attachment 2295598 View attachment 2295600 View attachment 2295601
For some reason these settings made it a little better but still after 3 seconds fps drops from 60 to 31 to 8 then 1 then small chance of 0 but usually always 1 in the battle