Tool RPGM HTML Ren'Py Flash Play RPG Maker XP/VX/VX Ace/MV/MZ, Ren'Py, HTML, TyranoBuilder, Adobe Flash, Construct 2 & 3, NScripter, Twine, VN Maker on Android using JoiPlay

adam20190514

Dec 17, 2018
Jeez Rwosan keeps killing this app and rebooting it. Is there any real reason I should switch atm if I'm happy just making my own rgas over with JoiPlayer
JoiPlayer is not recommended for RPG Maker XP/VX/VX Ace, Ren'Py, HTML and Tyranobuilder games because many bugs aren't fixed so many RPGM games aren't playable also JoiPlay have many new features and functions e.l like Cheat Engine for XP/VX/VX Ace games and Developer Console/Mode for Ren'Py and Game Controller support and many more coming and rga files support there and if any bugs on rga please tell he will fix it.

adam20190514

Dec 17, 2018
I can't save if the game folder is in SD card but I can save if it's in my internal.
Joiplayer seems to be better choice for now since I can play and save RPGMV game even when it's in my SD card (although I can't play RPGVA game there.../I can play VA in Joiplay tho, but can't save is still a problem.)
Sorry this function is currently unavailable but Rwosan tried to implant it but due to Android OS restriction it's hard.

adam20190514

Dec 17, 2018
I tried playing a couple of Rpg maker vx aces games and keep better the error this file type is not supported one of the games was Caliross is that a error or are all games not supported
From RPG XP/VX/VX Ace please select Game.exe and please check "Frequently Asked Questions" on first page I updated it and over there I upload video tutorials how add games in JoiPlay.

adam20190514

Dec 17, 2018
so i tried a bunch of rpgm games and seem to hit two problems consistently
most games ether
.a fail to launch(sometimes repackaging works most of the time it doesn't even tough i have all plugins) or
.b launch work but miss key features like sounds sprites certain tiles that should be there i had one game

https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-fantasy-good-or-evil-will-save-the-world-v1-30-kamichichi.42646/ where the entire third or fourth boss had no model attack sprites or even sound
If this game is RPG Maker MV please try to enabling/disabling WebGL and Crosswalk in settings and if it's not a RPG Maker MV game then due to unusual script and unsupported sounds file format causing this.

adam20190514

Dec 17, 2018
Is it impossible to use this tool in a language other than English?
If you talking about app language then yes it's currently available on English however if you know correct translation your language to English then you can contact Rwosan and help him to translate it into other languages. But if you talking about other languages game then other languages games should work fine, many users test it in Japanese/Chinese/Korean/Russian and it's run them fine.

Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
A same question asked on Discord and here Rwosan answered.
I am confused. That screenshot does not even mention JRGSS which I openly wondered about its possible usefulness on Android vs. android-mkxp. My point was that Android already natively supports Java and JRGSS is a Java implementation of RGSS (i.e., RPG Maker XP/VX/VX Ace) vs. the mkxp (and its forks) C++ implementation.

Obviously android-mkxp is an already existing Android port of mkxp but I was wondering about the usefulness of a possible Android port of JRGSS and how it might be more interesting for some use cases than android-mkxp.

Last edited:

adam20190514

Dec 17, 2018
I am confused. That screenshot does not even mention JRGSS which I openly wondered about its possible usefulness on Android vs. android-mkxp. My point was that Android already natively supports Java and JRGSS is a Java implementation of RGSS (i.e., RPG Maker XP/VX/VX Ace) vs. the mkxp (and its forks) C++ implementation.

Obviously android-mkxp is an already existing Android port of mkxp but I was wondering about the usefulness of a possible Android port of JRGSS and how it might be more interesting for some use cases than android-mkxp.
Here direct answer.
Screenshot_20200412-151024~01.png

Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
Those are potentially valid points against immediate possible inclusion with JoiPlay (potentially less developed and no specific testing/porting for Android). Both are at least partial supposition though. The first part of the response presupposes JRGSS is limitedly targeted at RGSS3 (meaning untested with no or poor support of RGSS1 and RGSS2) without knowing or investigation. In a similar vane, the second part also is without knowledge as many Java apps just work on Android but also many with complex features do not (as they might rely on something platform-specific which needs to be ported, etc.).

My original question was in wondering why someone did not do an Android port of JRGSS vs. the already existing mkxp-android, which seems like it was more complex than porting a Java app (choosing to port mkxp to mkxp-android seems like more work than potentially porting JRGSS to Android; that said, I reallize it is already done). It was not why this was not used in JoiPlay now. I well realized it was not ported (or at least well tested) for Android and wondered why not. Perhaps this thread was not the appropriate place to air such a comment but in reading and thinking about JoiPlay and Android after just having learned of JRGSS made me wonder and I thought some developer might find a similar interest in such a comment. I did not mean to waste anyone's time and I apologize if I did (it was more of an only semirelated offhanded comment and not a questioned that needed to be fielded to the JoiPlay developer).

Last edited:

adam20190514

Dec 17, 2018
Those are potentially valid points against immediate possible inclusion with JoiPlay (potentially less developed and no specific testing/porting for Android). Both are at least partial supposition though. The first part of the response presupposes JRGSS is limitedly targeted at RGSS3 (meaning untested with no or poor support of RGSS1 and RGSS2) without knowing or investigation. In a similar vane, the second part also is without knowledge as many Java apps just work on Android but also many with complex features do not (as they might rely on something platform-specific which needs to be ported, etc.).

My original question was in wondering why someone did not do an Android port of JRGSS vs. the already existing mkxp-android, which seems like it was more complex than porting a Java app (choosing to port mkxp to mkxp-android seems like more work than potentially porting JRGSS to Android; that said, I reallize it is already done). It was not why this was not used in JoiPlay now. I well realized it was not ported (or at least well tested) for Android and wondered why not. Perhaps this thread was not the appropriate place to air such a comment but in reading and thinking about JoiPlay and Android after just having learned of JRGSS made me wonder and I thought some developer might find a similar interest in such a comment. I did not mean to waste anyone's time and I apologize if I did (it was more of an only semirelated offhanded comment and not a questioned that needed to be fielded to the JoiPlay developer).
I'm not developer but I think mkxp is work fine for JoiPlay because Discord members not reporting to mach bugs after few recent updates and yeah not available many features and functions but Rwosan adding those slowly so they doesn't break game and month ago he add Cheat Engine for RPGM games and rgssad extractor and able edit scripts on android using text editor and I think Rwosan comfortable with mkxp than others anyway you can join Discord for further information or email Rwosan at joiplay@protonmail.com or message at reddit or GitHub.

eidrag

Jan 29, 2018
I tried few rpgm games and the cheats menu works, but later tried LabRats 1,2 both of them got error while trying to access developer mode. Any reason?

Elnarmi99

Oct 10, 2019
How to dash faster when playing a game ? Mine seems slower and cant proceed the game due to lack of speed (dash). Are there any options to change the speed? im using joiplay rn. tq

Renpy gamers

Aug 31, 2019
Thanks man , for making awsome app :love: ..
Now i can play new update of renpy games while waiting android version or just play with JOIPLAY(y)

eidrag

Jan 29, 2018
How to dash faster when playing a game ? Mine seems slower and cant proceed the game due to lack of speed (dash). Are there any options to change the speed? im using joiplay rn. tq
map one of the button to shift, hold to dash. Alternatively, open in-game menu, options select constant dash