[R-Play tester] Unpaid Play testers needed for a simple Interactive Fiction Twine Game

sneakyframes

Jan 18, 2022
Project:
- Game is called 'Callous Company' its a twine (Harlowe) interactive fiction/CYOA game inspired by/based on the Lethal Company co-op game.
-Female protagonist exploring a factory infested with monsters trying to collect scrap for cash.

Developer:
-

Looking for:
- Play testers for this early version of the game, it currently has placeholder assets/images that I will update as I work on the game

Employment Type:
- Unpaid

Work commitment:
- One off project

Preferred method of contact:
- send me a message here or comment on itch.io

Job Description:
- people to test the game for issues or comments or feedback - it will be embedded in the itch.io site

Try Game:

promo02.png promo03.png promo01.png promo04.png promo05.png promo06.png animationTitle.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: E164 and rosioo

miloss

Mar 26, 2019
1710604565319.png
not sure if this was intended but there seems to be no image for spider creature, also the timer for chosing weather you want to fight or flee is a bit to short, and a visual of remaining time would be nice

sneakyframes

Jan 18, 2022
View attachment 3449006
not sure if this was intended but there seems to be no image for spider creature, also the timer for chosing weather you want to fight or flee is a bit to short, and a visual of remaining time would be nice
thanks for the heads up, the spider image was there for me just now in the test version i am working on which i though was the version that was on the site as far as the images go so i will just reupload it now. i think i will test adding a timer as well before a creature attacks and see how it feels. i want the game to be fun and suspenseful do you think that will add to the game instead of just an unknown jump into the creature attacking ? thanks for trying the game !!

(i've decided to extend the attack timers to 5 sec and add a 'better hurry' visual at 3 sec, thanks)

Last edited:
Reactions: miloss

miloss

Mar 26, 2019
thanks for the heads up, the spider image was there for me just now in the test version i am working on which i though was the version that was on the site as far as the images go so i will just reupload it now. i think i will test adding a timer as well before a creature attacks and see how it feels. i want the game to be fun and suspenseful do you think that will add to the game instead of just an unknown jump into the creature attacking ? thanks for trying the game !!

(i've decided to extend the attack timers to 5 sec and add a 'better hurry' visual at 3 sec, thanks)
i was honestly not expecting a timer in a turn based game so it took me a bit off guard, but it is a very creative mechanic that makes the game feel more alive, the art is suprisingly well made too and the whole game is pretty funny.

as for improvements, it is actually a pretty good minigame as it is and there is not much to add other than more variations and artwork, but if you want to make it a more ambitious game than adding other planets, body modifications, equipment, ship customization and a whole lot more is possible, i wish you the best of luck w it, i had fun :)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: sneakyframes

E164

Dec 19, 2023
I played this on itch.io without even knowing of this thread so really random that I came across this after the fact.

Honestly I was expecting this when browsing through the games. As of right now it is a fun game, I usually hate text based games but this was a lot more interactive and fun. I like the idea you have going right now and personally don't have anything improvement-wise to say. I can't wait to see what else you add and how far this gets developed!

Reactions: sneakyframes

sneakyframes

Jan 18, 2022
I played this on itch.io without even knowing of this thread so really random that I came across this after the fact.

Honestly I was expecting this when browsing through the games. As of right now it is a fun game, I usually hate text based games but this was a lot more interactive and fun. I like the idea you have going right now and personally don't have anything improvement-wise to say. I can't wait to see what else you add and how far this gets developed!
appreciate that, I kinda left this thread, F95 and the game for dead and began developing a new game and will likely interact more on itch.io itself. Also thanks for playing the game! I hate text based games as well as games that take time to load or are too complicated but im old and in the minority. There was much more I wanted to add to Callous Company but it'll likely be a slow development until there's a bigger interest for it as i want to keep making different and new games, animations and ideas but i really appreciate you replying and trying it !!!