play VR without VR component

Ret89

May 13, 2021
Anyone know way to play VR game without VR head set and VR controler ? or any softwear help to do this. ( use keybord and mouse as VR control)

Reactions: qaz33353

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Many games already have an option of playing them without vr.

But for the cases that don't it probably just isn't worth the trouble, you would have to trick your system and rebind all controls to move around XYZ positions for both hands and more axis of your body with keys instead, imagine having each button out of your keyboard to move each axis of your body it would be an worse experience than games like "hand simulator".

The hassle is just not worthwhile unless the game is already set to also work in non-vr mode.

Ret89

May 13, 2021
Many games already have an option of playing them without vr.

But for the cases that don't it probably just isn't worth the trouble, you would have to trick your system and rebind all controls to move around XYZ positions for both hands and more axis of your body with keys instead, imagine having each button out of your keyboard to move each axis of your body it would be an worse experience than games like "hand simulator".

The hassle is just not worthwhile unless the game is already set to also work in non-vr mode.
thank you

Azureaura95

May 12, 2022
You can also check out Driver4VR on steam (not sure if still a free option, got mine on sale for £10 i think)
It has a T-VR mode which outputs the vr display on a monitor/TV and you can choose/customise mouse and keyboard bindings for moving around in game.

Reactions: Ret89

Ret89

May 13, 2021
You can also check out Driver4VR on steam (not sure if still a free option, got mine on sale for £10 i think)
It has a T-VR mode which outputs the vr display on a monitor/TV and you can choose/customise mouse and keyboard bindings for moving around in game.
thank you very much

Azureaura95

May 12, 2022
thank you very much
If you want to view VR content in actual VR (for the amazing 3D experience) instead of on a monitor, I would also recommend the IVRY app for mobile - free version and paid version available.

I only recommend this if your phone has high resolution screen (1440p or 2K screen) most high end phones have this anyway.

You need to have a google cardboard or any type of phone VR headset. You can pair phone to PC VR wirelessly with app, then use Driver4VR for controls. (I use xbox controller because its easier than keyboard and mouse)

A long time ago I played Skyrim VR like this.

Have fun bro.

Ret89

May 13, 2021
If you want to view VR content in actual VR (for the amazing 3D experience) instead of on a monitor, I would also recommend the IVRY app for mobile - free version and paid version available.

I only recommend this if your phone has high resolution screen (1440p or 2K screen) most high end phones have this anyway.

You need to have a google cardboard or any type of phone VR headset. You can pair phone to PC VR wirelessly with app, then use Driver4VR for controls. (I use xbox controller because its easier than keyboard and mouse)

A long time ago I played Skyrim VR like this.

Have fun bro.
thank you for the idea . my phone will never run vr its have 960 540 reslution and it only have 1GB ram no vr on that lol

Reactions: Azureaura95