VN - Ren'Py - Playing Favorites [v0.19] [clowns234]

1. 2.00 star(s)

wpeale71341

What can I say about this? Somebody needs to be seriously writing their butt off on this one. It is pathetic when it comes to actual content. What little there is bare bones. Animations are bare minimum. I guess that is a pretty good description of the amount of work being put into developing this game, bare minimum. The story line is bot very refined. The choices are not very clear. Things are really just all over the place. Just when things start to get you excited its over and off in a whole new direction leaving you with a WTF feeling. Maybe Tom drugged your drink and date raped you as well? Maybe that is why you are not sure what is going on in this game? And why is Tim's story so pathetic when you try to use him to open other story options that are presented but are either not implemented or so poorly developed as to be non-existent? Potential is there for Tom to roll up all the milf's while Tim rolls up the daughters. But no apparently that is too much for this lame writing dev. Poor Tim even gets cucked by Alice as well if you choose her. I would give this one between 10 and 20 updates before it has enough content to maybe figure out where the hell it is even going. Hope it isn't in the trash can but that option looks like it may still be on the table with this one. Unless the dev gets serious with this one soon its going to be a highly avoidable dumpster fire much like Dual Family is.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Gosamr

A sordid story of an even more sordid family environment centring around an appallingly weak, shallow, unprincipled and highly UNintelligent woman.

Everything about this bizarre setting smacks of being written by someone at the emotional and experiential level of the titleholder. If not then a person who would make the perfect partner for the leading...I can't call her lady because she absolutely isn't..."tramp" would be more appropriate.

There isn't one likeable "normal" individual to be found in this caricature. They're all callous, self-centred and tainted with cynical and exploitative attitudes towards each other and, one must assume, the rest of the poor people who are surely trapped in that screwed up universe.

Speaking of universes, sadly, this, in my sole opinion, is a tale suited more to The Toilet Zone than its far more ingenious and illustrious namesake.

It's truly degrading and depressing. In fact, appallingly nasty on every level and I only stuck with it this far in order to be able to give an honest assessment of content based on a reasonable degree of playing experience.

So having posted my warning, because, of course, it's your own decision whether or not you now proceed, I'm now more than happy and relieved to vacate this desolate place and grab myself a few breaths of fresh air.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Veriko666

I gave it a try and while I didn't go into it with high expectations (the synopsis was quite vague) I ended up not liking it at all. Basically the games story lacks any natural build up. One of the sons in the family has already done sexual things with the mom, the other son is upset about this and the mom wants to fix things. The dialogue related to this is strange, she can suddenly joke about not having orgies in the upset sons room while her family is falling apart due to her cheating on her husband and commit incest. Every young person seems to just grope and be hot for the mom in the story. The choice system is super weird and you don't really know what will happen when you make a choice as the story is all over the place.

The graphics are bad, animations are basically slideshows and while the models used are decent they quite often make weird faces. That's not even mentioning the poor rendering done which is very obvious because of how grainy most of the images are.

I hate being so harsh on a game, I always try to find the good in a game and if I were to mention one thing it would be the premise could be interesting but it falls flat on its face due to poor execution.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Lednacek

Honestly, I gave it a try, it looked interesting, but i cant give it higher rating than 3/5. The graphics are good enough, but the game story is a bit lacking. What I was really put of was the game play. I had to make the big decisions for every character in the game. It changed the POV all the time, without any warning. I dont want to play all the characters. It felt too much.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Ph4r40h

Really like the premise of the story. Love a good rivalry for the women of the family. Excited for new content and possibly routes. Dev is honest and dedicated to get better while making quality work in the future. Hope some of the dopes in the comments only push you to do even better. Cant wait for more!
  6. 4.00 star(s)

seven424

Not bad for a first try. I can't criticize much in terms of image quality, it will improve in the future, but I think it is very lacking in terms of story telling. Explaining the events more descriptively and showing them in detail will increase the quality.
    The idea of two-sons rivalry has a lot of potential, I hope you use it successfully.