Playing webgl games and some rpgm games that have index.html on mobile browsers

SukebeOokami

Oct 10, 2022
Oh boi here i am really doing it. first of all i would like to make few things clear if a rpgm game still throws error or fecth failed error its either you did this wrong or that rpgm game has problems cuz i already played many rpgm like this and you will probably get same exact error even if you played on computer cuz regarless of platform you are playing on browser. Secondly read title carefully i am saying RPGM GAME THAT HAS HTML you know those games that has "www" folder and index.html in it dont come to me saying this is click bait.
Now let get to business there are two ways both of them requires quick edit app View attachment 2597537

First method easy just download app and download your game open quick edit and navigate to where html file is open it you will see a screen like this

View attachment 2597541

Run html file using play icon on lower right and play game howewer since quick edit is actualy well text editor you will play game like this
View attachment 2597543
Prewiew panel on top and console tool on lower right side all the time if you dont mind you can play like this and this method works on webgl games as well tho webgl takes longer to load or my phone is potato :( dunno.

Second way is bit more hassle open quick edit write random stuff on blank page it doent matter and this is important SAVE YOUR FİLE AS .HTML yes just create a html file. name or content of that file isnt important but extention is MUST now run your html. on prewiew screen click tool icon to open console you will see a screen like this View attachment 2597562

Like i did navigate to info tab this is probably same on every single android but that location you see that has localhost 2435 is important so basicly you exploited quick edits buildin http server builder to open local server on phone and its how you open on browser yes not prewiew mode now this is where things get bit complicated listen closely WHİLE İN PREWİEW MODE press your home button or whatever your phone has to take quick edit on background DO NOT CLOSE İT cuz unlike "file:///sdcard" method where you dont need http server " " requeires exact location to run you cant navigate within sdcard so in adress bar you put " (if in internal storage)/location of your game's index.html". This way might seem complex at first but if you pull it off you can play many stable rpgm game that has index.html on full screen(depending on your mobile browser use opera if you want a browser with fullscreen option) here a few ss from opera me playing game on localhost server View attachment 2597641

View attachment 2597642
Well there is also web icon top right of prewiew screen of quick edit which does same exact thing opening your game on default browser but if you do that you are both running your game in background and in your browser and as soon as you close quick edit that runs in background to save performance you get fetch failed error thats why we use dummy html to open http server so we play with less performance issues.

Now time to mention cons of building http server. like i said in second method your dummy html file must run in background ALL THE TİME if you want to play rpgm game if your game suddenly gets fetch failed error after 2-3 hours of unproblametic play its high likely app in background stopped working cuz probably your phone closed it on its own thinking you forgot.well you need to reopen app and server and dont forget to save your game often.

Second con i dont know why but sounds doent play properly on some rpgm games:( yeah feels pretty bland but oh well.

Third con while you can play many rpgm game doesnt ported android there is input problem touch works same as it would in apk.but if game has many controls or on map fight like you see in lewd crest hero game you have no chance of playing it cuz you need a gamepad or keybord controls in same games so your best bet rpgm game with turn based combat tag sorry.
unfortunately joiplay doenst open rpgm properly anymore(dunno why) and putting html instead of exe doesnt work either even importing rtp didnt work.thats why i wrote this tutorial for those who has issues with joiplay.

Ps:i didnt mention much of webgl here cuz you use exact same method.

Last edited:
Reactions: renato186a