Playing with new stuff but...

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
So I've been messing with a new environment. tossed a standard T.Josie into the scene and no matter what I do I either get fireflies or have to set the render settings to the point where her face and hair blurs and I lose the resolution of the skin and definition in the hair. maybe some one can help me adjust my settings to get the render clean in this scene. I'll start with the image then add screens of my render setting and hopefully one of you can point out what I am quite obviously doing wrong. (large image)
brook adjusted render settings 2.jpg

Last edited:

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I did try using the render settings and camera that comes with the environment but it was beyond horrible for some reason so the current scene is as good as I have been able to get it.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
To start with, right up the top there is the default tab, click on it and reset it.

Pixels size 1920 x 1080 (16.9 ratio)

Rendering quality enabled off

Max samples 1000

Max path length 7

Post denoiser, both on

Post denoiser start iteration 999 (or 1 below max samples)

Where it says white point, it should white, not pink (hence why it's not called pink point) (reseting to default will fix that, don't touch it)

Thats a very basic render setting that will get anyone started, the next is light, its always light.

I probably missed something

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
To start with, right up the top there is the default tab, click on it and reset it.

Pixels size 1920 x 1080 (16.9 ratio)

Rendering quality enabled off

Max samples 1000

Max path length 7

Post denoiser, both on

Post denoiser start iteration 999 (or 1 below max samples)

Where it says white point, it should white, not pink (hence why it's not called pink point) (reseting to default will fix that, don't touch it)

Thats a very basic render setting that will get anyone started, the next is light, its always light.

I probably missed something
A lot of that I didn't touch most (the size, ratio, white point) are all from the preset renders settings that came with the scene.) but I will completely reset it and start again. I feel like the settings were so bad I am overcompensating on stuff i shouldn't have to touch.

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
and I think the white point is pink like that to give it the greenish glow of reflected green sunlight in the forest or something

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
and I think the white point is pink like that to give it the greenish glow of reflected green sunlight in the forest or something
None of them make any sense to me, even the max time is 7200 (I think) by default, why anyone would change that I don't know.

Those render settings I gave you, are the ones I start off with most times, there are more advanced things you can do, or even better ways (everyone has another idea) but they will work for the most part.

Teen Josie's skin has very pale shader settings, they are actually one of the better ones that comes with characters, but she will look washed out at times, she doesn't really like full sunlight, you should try and get shadows to fall on her face. I'll try something with her (if I still have her)

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
well, that didn't work 3 minutes in and it's dark as a boot. literally looks like a midnight scene. I'm wondering if it's a combination of their camera and their setting making it so wonky

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I'm going to throw a standard camera in the scene and render from that with your settings because this definitely doesn't look like mid day

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
well, that didn't work 3 minutes in and it's dark as a boot. literally looks like a midnight scene. I'm wondering if it's a combination of their camera and their setting making it so wonky
Its lighting, its always lighting in Daz :D

Fuck the scene off and just load Josie by herself, then go and get this

https://f95zone.to/threads/da-real-world-lighting.45068/

It will be under light presets in Daz

Apply the base, then in the next tab, dome off, time of day 10.30 am. Then go back to your render settings cos doing this will change them.

jj.png

Once you work that out you can then add the scenery in

ps - thats just done in perspective view at her default location in Daz

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
if it helps this is the product and its free right now so anyone could load it and see what the settings are doing when you use the presets

• Wow
Reactions: lexx228

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I dont want any pirated stuff because I dont want to have to keep track of what i can and cannot use for published materiel

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I dont want any pirated stuff because I dont want to have to keep track of what i can and cannot use for published materiel
You can just use daz defaults sun, its not as good but it still works. In the environment tab just set it to sun sky only up the top
and ss time to 10:30:00

OR

Go here, these are all legal and free

And set the environment tab to dome only and the little arrow next to the environment tab, click on it and browse to whatever you downloaded. Draw dome off will just show the light, on will show the image as well. Dome rotation to spin it around to adjust the light.

This one

Rotated to about 90 is a nice one

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
I'll check out HDRI haven I have been meaning to since I only have like 6 hdri to choose from and they arent very good

Hamfist

Nov 16, 2019
this looks promising though if the fireflys go away (at 11minutes in process) partial screen grab