Please allow me to introduce myself.

wx448

Donor
Sep 23, 2018
I don't normally do this. :) I lurked on reddit for four years before I made an account. I'm a very neurotic person but I've lived a long time inside my head so I'm trying new things.

I like a lot of different stuff and I try to honor others by being as forthright as I can be. I don't know if I'd ever make a game but I speak a bunch of different programming languages. I did tech support most of my life (when I wasn't a codemonkey) and I've been playing video games since before the first DOOM came out (I usually really dug Sierra and LucasArts point-and-click or text games but Unreal Tournament was my jam) so I think I can be of assistance to people in the support forums.

I appreciate different people, different viewpoints, and new experiences. I don't know what to expect or how long I'll stick around but thank you for reading and I genuinely hope you are doing well. :)

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Hey There!

Welcome, enjoy your stay, have a good time!

Reactions: wx448

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I don't normally do this. :) I lurked on reddit for four years before I made an account. I'm a very neurotic person but I've lived a long time inside my head so I'm trying new things.

I like a lot of different stuff and I try to honor others by being as forthright as I can be. I don't know if I'd ever make a game but I speak a bunch of different programming languages. I did tech support most of my life (when I wasn't a codemonkey) and I've been playing video games since the first DOOM came out (I usually really dug Sierra and LucasArts point-and-click or text games but Unreal Tournament was my jam) so I think I can be of assistance to people in the support forums.

I appreciate different people, different viewpoints, and new experiences. I don't know what to expect or how long I'll stick around but thank you for reading and I genuinely hope you are doing well. :)
Welcome to the forum. :)

dreamangel

The Last Jedi
Donor
Sep 7, 2018

I like a lot of different stuff and I try to honor others by being as forthright as I can be. I don't know if I'd ever make a game but I speak a bunch of different programming languages. I did tech support most of my life (when I wasn't a codemonkey) and I've been playing video games since before the first DOOM came out (I usually really dug Sierra and LucasArts point-and-click or text games but Unreal Tournament was my jam) so I think I can be of assistance to people in the support forums.

I really like your smart introduction :) Willkommen im Forum!

Reactions: Loys and wx448
U

User_10739

Welcome here!
While Doom & ROTT were "my" jam, my first PC games were text based games in the mid-1970's on 5.25" floppys.
Anyhow, nice to see another code monkey in the house!

Reactions: Loys and Papa Ernie

wx448

Donor
Sep 23, 2018
Welcome here!
While Doom & ROTT were "my" jam, my first PC games were text based games in the mid-1970's on 5.25" floppys.
Anyhow, nice to see another code monkey in the house!
Yeah I forgot Thexder on my CoCo 2 and then there was all the Atari stuff growing up. I was nervous when I wrote the intro. But holy crap, I haven't even thought about RoTT in millennia. :p

Thanks for the welcome!

U

User_10739

Yeah I forgot Thexder on my CoCo 2 and then there was all the Atari stuff growing up. I was nervous when I wrote the intro. But holy crap, I haven't even thought about RoTT in millennia. :p

Thanks for the welcome!
ROTT=best game ever! Never understood why it didn't get ported to the PS1 or PS2...

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
My first game was Jetpac, on ZX Spectrum. Then there was a big break for me and the next thing i knew was PC.. warcraft, magic carpet, heroes of might and magic, betrayal at krondor, lands of lore, doom, civilization, Master of Magic. Seems awfully long time ago. (I still play Master of Magic to this day:coldsweat:)

Oiz

I am not Bloo, cause Bloo is a cunt
Modder
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
Please allow me to introduce myself.
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul to waste
:pokerFace:

Reactions: wx448 and LMalice

dreamangel

The Last Jedi
Donor
Sep 7, 2018
I can't really remember but my first game was 9th or 12th century on a F(X?) 1060? From my first assistant salary I bought a Mac Powerbook 150 (4 MB Ram and 100 MB HDD) and ...?, it still works! :D But playing on a Mac was a mess on that days.