• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Please help: Anyone know how to fix this about Unity games?

PhoenixWing

Nov 15, 2021
On certain Unity games, I will hit alt+enter to go full screen and doing this messes up the graphics. It's like I can see the assets outside of the view the developer intended for me to see. Anyone know how to fix this?

It seems to be a simple resolution problem but I'm having trouble changing the resolution back to how it was before alt+entering. Hitting alt+enter again takes me out of full screen but doesn't revert the resolution back.

Thanks!

LS47

Oct 5, 2021
Do you have any screenshots to show us? It would be easier for us to understand your problem.

If you're talking about the user interface, it's initially in a fixed size in Unity, but developers can automatically scale it to fit the screen resolution. My wild guess is that the dev of your game tried to rescale it via code instead of using the default script component, and fucked it up in the process.

PhoenixWing

Nov 15, 2021
Do you have any screenshots to show us? It would be easier for us to understand your problem.

If you're talking about the user interface, it's initially in a fixed size in Unity, but developers can automatically scale it to fit the screen resolution. My wild guess is that the dev of your game tried to rescale it via code instead of using the default script component, and fucked it up in the process.
Here's what I'm talking about:

Screenshot 2024-05-07 205458.png

Ran into this issue for a few other games in the past too. But yeah you can see some of the graphical assets waiting on the side ready to move into the player's view. I feel like there's a simple fix to it but I can't figure it out.

LS47

Oct 5, 2021
Here's what I'm talking about:

View attachment 3613966

Ran into this issue for a few other games in the past too. But yeah you can see some of the graphical assets waiting on the side ready to move into the player's view. I feel like there's a simple fix to it but I can't figure it out.
Yup, that's definitely a UI scaling issue. it happens when the developer sets a fixed size on his images and/or canvas, but still allows the user to rescale their window. That's thankfully very easy to solve, but that's an issue on the dev's part, there's nothing you can do except not resizing your window and keep playing with the default resolution.

PhoenixWing

Nov 15, 2021
Yup, that's definitely a UI scaling issue. it happens when the developer sets a fixed size on his images and/or canvas, but still allows the user to rescale their window. That's thankfully very easy to solve, but that's an issue on the dev's part, there's nothing you can do except not resizing your window and keep playing with the default resolution.
Ah gotcha, thanks though!