Daz Pls help (hair)

Joromi

Apr 19, 2021
All hello.
Can you please tell me how to convert hair format (cr2 / genesis / genesis 2) to genesis 8 figure.
I tried converting hair from RiverSoft Art, but it works very poorly and the hair control is lost.
The only way I can use is to adjust the hair myself and then attach it to the head.
If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it, I'm really tired of looking for an answer.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Riversoft Art is the only way I'm aware of that doesn't involve a bit more advanced techniques (that I don't know myself). Are you sure you did it correctly? What hair were you using? As far as I'm aware, all the Riversoft converters do is more or less tell Daz that "I have a G8 version of this hair, allow for use on G8F figure." and not much more. The hair should have all of the controls/morphs/etc that it came with originally, same goes for the color and texture options.

I did it not too long ago myself with Heath hair and DD Keita (with some help from Mesh Grabber):

exam.png

It almost sounds like you're not selecting the figure before you select the hair, essentially making it a loose prop. Though, it's certainly possible the hair isn't playing nice with it.