VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes
Oct 18, 2018
No sexual content? I am not opposed to that but its still odd to see a game like that on F95.

So besides that, is this game legitimately good? The art style looks amateurish but its not really a bad thing but I am hoping the gameplay (if any) or at least the plot is engaging.
It's good. It can be challenging, and the writing is the main thing that's good about it.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
A week a month huh. 1 in-game year=52 in-game weeks=52 real months=4.34 years. So let's say 4 years since they're already done with 3 weeks. And that's only if they can stick to a week a month. I dunno, 4 years to not even get to stick my dick in Hilda, Bianca, or Sabrina doesn't seem quite worth the time investment. But if it ever gets a completed tag, it might be worth it to come back to. And who knows, maybe they'll be able to increase the work pace later on and it won't be the full 4 years.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
So besides that, is this game legitimately good? The art style looks amateurish but its not really a bad thing but I am hoping the gameplay (if any) or at least the plot is engaging.
I'd say yes. The gameplay is essentially your regular Pokemon game with all that entails, combined with dating VN bits. The characters are well defined, the writing is both fairly clever and funny. The music is also solid, which is pretty rare.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018
A week a month huh. 1 in-game year=52 in-game weeks=52 real months=4.34 years. So let's say 4 years since they're already done with 3 weeks. And that's only if they can stick to a week a month. I dunno, 4 years to not even get to stick my dick in Hilda, Bianca, or Sabrina doesn't seem quite worth the time investment. But if it ever gets a completed tag, it might be worth it to come back to. And who knows, maybe they'll be able to increase the work pace later on and it won't be the full 4 years.
There's a lot of gradual implementation of a lot of things at once, but it's possible that as more and more things are added in with time, eventually the focus will start to turn towards just writing, since all of the other elements will eventually have been fully introduced.

FilthyWeaboo

Sep 11, 2021
I thought this was long abandoned, cool to see it alive again. So before I download so I know if I should wait for either more updates or if the project is to die again, can the player get with Shauna yet?

Oct 18, 2018
I thought this was long abandoned, cool to see it alive again. So before I download so I know if I should wait for either more updates or if the project is to die again, can the player get with Shauna yet?
The scope of the game was cut way down to make it more feasible to actually complete. It's one year of school instead of three planned for the finished product. You can currently play three weeks, which gives you enough time to get at least one relationship event with all of the characters who have them. You can gain progress on your relationship by texting with people, studying with them at lunch, spending free time together, or going to the same classes as them. Plus some choices in dialogue matter for that sometimes.

I haven't actually tested hanging out with Shauna yet, so I don't know what's in store for her.

Reactions: FilthyWeaboo

Poomis

Sep 10, 2021
can someone answer a question I have?

is this good and is sextual content going to be added?

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Had a go at porting Pokemon Academy Life Forever 06.15b.2023 to Android.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left for rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links:

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
Oh wow damn I missed that this had been revived, was pretty hyped about this one back then.

Good shit!
Edit: Can't turn on instant displaying text, something that always makes me scratch my head when devs remove the option to enable.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
And that's only if they can stick to a week a month.
The game is a sandbox to an extent, so the rate of storyline events is pretty arbitrary -- i mean, any of these "1 week" updates could just as easily be "2 weeks" updates with story events happening every other day instead of continuously, and the player having freedom to pick their own actions on remaining days. Which is to say, it doesn't mean every future update has to follow this model, and the game won't need 50+ updates to cover the whole year.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Probably. For these curious, the eggs you can obtain are: Larvesta, Togepi, Tyrogue, Magby, Wynaut, Bonsly, Mantyke, Toxel, Smoochum and Deino.

Reactions: kameking

NeoStarr

Jul 2, 2017
Sable's Grimoire, base game JPDE Sonata of Fire, Stein's Gate, My Lovely Wife, Bloody Spell, Duel Princess, Find love or die trying or Utawarerumono are al great games/vn despite having the tag.
JPDE has sex scenes just not the primary focus

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes