• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Pokemon Academy Life Forever [v05.11.2024] [Pokémon Visual]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes
Oct 18, 2018
Week 7 just dropped. Download links and update notes below for game version 5.6b.2024

Download Links:
Windows:
Mac:
Update 5.6.2024 is out! Finally, I can show you all, truly and undoubtedly, that there is nothing in Week 7. You all laughed! You laughed at me! But now you'll see! You'll all see! (And, on an unrelated note, I've developed a great interest in optometry recently.) Here's a list of some new features you can expect to see in this release. Not all of them are available immediately at the start of Week 7.
  • The game has been written out to the end of Week 7, on May 23rd.
  • Ethan, Hilbert, Hilda, Bianca, Bea, and Nate have new character scenes. Nate, in fact, has two.
  • 21 new Foreverals have been created, unlocked by viewing the character scenes listed above.
  • Twenty new scenes have been created for each elective class, providing more development and worldbuilding. Class should "pass without incident" much less frequently.
  • Twenty new scenes have been created for that dialog that Ethan shares with you before class begins, to add more variety.
  • A mechanic has been introduced that makes it easier to hunt certain types of Pokémon.
  • A mechanic has been introduced that makes it easier to swap out Pokémon in the PC.
  • Various balance changes and asset updates.
  • Removed Ethan.

Oct 18, 2018
The first bugfix version for Week 7 is out. This is now version 5.7.2024
Download Links:
Windows:
Mac:
Hey, y'all! New release time. This release contains several bugfixes. However, there wasn't actually anything too massive as compared to the last release. Just a few notables fixes include:
  • Eevee should work properly with its new evolution mechanics.
  • Several typos involving Nate and Ethan's nicknames should be fixed.
  • You can no longer take infinite turns in battle.
So, yeah, like I said, just a few small changes. Nothing gamebreaking. No cause for concern, no reason to be alarmed.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ffive and ImACuck
Oct 18, 2018
Second bugfix for Week 8 just dropped. It's 5.8.2024

Download Links:
Windows:
Mac:
This fixes even less than the previous build--it seems this week has been astoundingly stable. Props to the bugtesters.
The biggest thing is that this build should work with JoiPlay. Without patching necessary. I know a lot of players of this game prefer to have it on-the-go, so I hope this serves your purposes.
If someone who uses JoiPlay as their primary platform could confirm if it works--or not--that would be appreciated.
Much love.

Arty_Wolf

Jul 31, 2023
Does anyone know which Pokemon the Soothe Bell currently works with? Because I noticed it wasn't working with my Eevee and Riolu.

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
It works on all friendship evo pokemon, you just need to fulfill the requirements.
For Riolu you need a high friendship with characters in either the steel or fighting electives, and do the evo during the daytime.
For Eevee you need a high friendship and need to do the evo either during the day for Espeon or at night for Umbreon.

Oct 18, 2018
Bugfix time again. Freud hopes this will be the last one for the Week 7 release. This one's version 5.11.2024

Download Links:
Windows:
Mac:
Version 5.11.2024 is out!
My hope is that this will be the last iteration of Week 7, and I can make full progress on the Week 7.5 update after this. Still, if it needs another release, then it'll get one. Included in this release are bugfixes for a few bugs, such as:
  • Eevee can evolve into Sylveon now.
  • The gifting system isn't entirely broken anymore.
  • Repels, Super Repels, and Max Repels no longer work based on levels, but instead operate on rarity levels. Repels prevent common Pokémon from appearing, Super Repels keep common and uncommon Pokémon from appearing, and Max Repels prevent common, uncommon, and rare Pokémon from appearing, leaving only Super-Rare and Ultra-Rare Pokémon.
  • Fixed an issue where Blue's Pokemon would have infinite PP during a certain fight.
  • Various other minor bugs and typos.
  • And, apparently, looking over the changelog, I included a file I shouldn't have, that's relevant to the Dungeon revamps. Well, I've built this bloody thing five times already, I'm not doing it again, go ahead and take what you can from it, I guess.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ImACuck and ffive

DarkKane

Sep 2, 2023
I'm not sure if the info I'm looking for is in the thread but I'm asking the question anyway... Are there any cannonics couples in this story? because I'm not a fan of NTR or being a couple breaker so... Who are the single girls in this game please?

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
I'm not sure if the info I'm looking for is in the thread but I'm asking the question anyway... Are there any cannonics couples in this story? because I'm not a fan of NTR or being a couple breaker so... Who are the single girls in this game please?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImACuck

DarkKane

Sep 2, 2023
Thank you for the answer. I just chose Petitil as a starter and I was wondering how I could make her evolve in this story? I know how she evolve but i don't know where i find her evolutive stone. If there was a reply in the thread then sorry to bore you^^

Oct 18, 2018
Hypothetically, any of the girls are kind of single, though Brendan and May are having an awkward time trying to get their relationship in line. It doesn't matter all that much at the moment anyway, since the game isn't written deeply enough yet for romantic subplots with characters to really kick in yet. However, Freud did tell us that there would be as many such routes as people wanted eventually. It's entirely possible that the game's story will be done and then some character events will still be added in later.

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Thank you for the answer. I just chose Petitil as a starter and I was wondering how I could make her evolve in this story? I know how she evolve but i don't know where i find her evolutive stone. If there was a reply in the thread then sorry to bore you^^
So far no evo stones are implemented, but friendship evos just got added in this recent update.
They'll likely be implemented in the next 2 major updates.

DarkKane

Sep 2, 2023
Ok thanks for the answer... i guess i say goodbye to petitil... Well, i was wondering... How do you choosing one or two types and sticking to your choices? I cannot stay with my choice, every time i dislike something i reset a new game and choose another type... I wish i can stay with one or two type and not be a generalist but every time i need to choose, automatically, i overtought every thing i know about it.

Oct 18, 2018
Ok thanks for the answer... i guess i say goodbye to petitil... Well, i was wondering... How do you choosing one or two types and sticking to your choices? I cannot stay with my choice, every time i dislike something i reset a new game and choose another type... I wish i can stay with one or two type and not be a generalist but every time i need to choose, automatically, i overtought every thing i know about it.
I don't understand what you're concerned about. You're actually supposed to not be a generalist early on, focusing on preferably no more than three types so you can catch up to other peoples' levels before you diversify. Especially during the first few weeks, there's no shame in losing some battles, and you get bonus exp when you lose compared to when you win.

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
You could listen to that nerd and become a gym leader, or you could listen to this nerd and fight off all your enemies with a widespread of UNDERLEVELED mons. Jokes aside you can go either way and you'll be functional, just don't lose in the major events like special pokemon encounters and tournaments, and you will do just fine not perfect but fine.

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
I personally use 6 to 7 different types causing me to have mons in the lvl 13-16 range and I haven't had a really hard time in the game, so just go for your own personal brand of gameplay.

SeZ2041

Oct 14, 2018
Does anyone know how to repeat the day? The new update won't allow me to do it like the old update

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Does anyone know how to repeat the day? The new update won't allow me to do it like the old update
I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume you're talking about the bugfix mechanic they introduced last update due to the game breaking bug, if you are I think they fixed that permanently so you can't repeat days.
If your talking about an actual repeat day mechanic, I've never heard of it and wouldn't mind anyone sharing with the class, por favore.

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes