Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
Also thinking about it why did kane have a flintlock pistol I take it there was no "modern gun model"?

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
There is one major difference which has a lasting impact that you may have missed... which affects both the scene itself and what comes after (you will learn more on this next chapter). This is dependent on whether you unlock the Amelia date or the Tanesha one.

If you dated Amelia but rejected her at the end of it, this also has a pretty significant impact on how things play out next.
No I did not miss the morality difference. I stated facts based on what was provided in the game. That was the only differance we got in this update, other than that there was no differance... yet. I actually said yes to both. Game for some reason only gave me Amelia, wasn't aware there was supposed to be an either or there. I have only played -morality route while saying yes to everyone route. The other routes will have to come later when games finished.

Jonny Skull

Aug 7, 2017
Geez when it comes out that Amelia even had an inkling of suspicion that her own brother was the serial killer she was in charge of catching and she didn't bring it to her superiors... she would, of course, lose her job and then the families of the murdered would sue the hell out of her and the department.

Love the game BTW. That scene with Cheryl wanting to make a cuckquean out of her own supposed best friend? Hot beyond measure!

Reactions: Ranting Old Man

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Geez when it comes out that Amelia even had an inkling of suspicion that her own brother was the serial killer she was in charge of catching and she didn't bring it to her superiors... she would, of course, lose her job and then the families of the murdered would sue the hell out of her and the department.

Love the game BTW. That scene with Cheryl wanting to make a cuckquean out of her own supposed best friend? Hot beyond measure!
Agree 100%

Reactions: Ranting Old Man

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
So i tried the game, and i'll put my opinion here because i don't want to drop the score just because it isn't for me, first, i liked chapter one, there where moments that i didn't enjoy like the meta stuff after some choices, i understand that it was kind of a tutorial, but i don't like it when it is in a game like that, it makes me feel like i made a wrong choice, and that makes me go into the code, and it is a whole rabbit hole, now, what i didn't like was directly at the begging of chapter two, in chapter one we just started this great relationship with Naomi, and then later that night the mc is in I'll fuck anything that moves mood, after a traumatic experience sure, but still, he could have called Naomi and their relationship could grow even more from there, but we don't get a choice, the mc just goes to a bar, and goes after someone to fuck, wich turned me off the game, also, there is a lot of "and you talked and laughed about stuff" wich is the definition of telling instead of showing, and in a visual novel the conversations are the most important part in my opnion, but we don't really get to see those, instead we have paragraphs of the mc's inner monologue.
Well, that is my opinion at least, feel free to tell me where I'm wrong, and if the game gets better after the beggining of chapter 2, as someone that is waiting on Radiant, playing this made me a little worried for that game's future since I was told that this dev is part of that team.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Just like screen writers and directors, unless they are hacks or one trick ponies, they usually like to tell different types of stories to hone their skill and practice their beloved artforms. These are two completely different stories to me...

Reactions: ktoutlaw80

L0MBR0

Jan 19, 2020
So i tried the game, and i'll put my opinion here because i don't want to drop the score just because it isn't for me, first, i liked chapter one, there where moments that i didn't enjoy like the meta stuff after some choices, i understand that it was kind of a tutorial, but i don't like it when it is in a game like that, it makes me feel like i made a wrong choice, and that makes me go into the code, and it is a whole rabbit hole, now, what i didn't like was directly at the begging of chapter two, in chapter one we just started this great relationship with Naomi, and then later that night the mc is in I'll fuck anything that moves mood, after a traumatic experience sure, but still, he could have called Naomi and their relationship could grow even more from there, but we don't get a choice, the mc just goes to a bar, and goes after someone to fuck, wich turned me off the game, also, there is a lot of "and you talked and laughed about stuff" wich is the definition of telling instead of showing, and in a visual novel the conversations are the most important part in my opnion, but we don't really get to see those, instead we have paragraphs of the mc's inner monologue.
Well, that is my opinion at least, feel free to tell me where I'm wrong, and if the game gets better after the beggining of chapter 2, as someone that is waiting on Radiant, playing this made me a little worried for that game's future since I was told that this dev is part of that team.
I had the following discussion with the dev on Patreon about this. You can draw your own conclusions but personally, I'll probably end up rewriting the script (depending on whether I feel it's worth it within a few updates).

On Patreon:
Lombro (Max):

So I love Naomi's character and the slow burn leading up to intimacy. Building this relationship seems meaningful and the story clearly encourages this way of playing (at least with Naomi) and for example the school principal's plea not to cheat and break her heart. So with all that said I find it really disappointing when in chapter-3 the MC is not presented with at least a choice to opt out of having sex with Lyanna. This completely contradicts all previous decisions to remain faithful to Naomi. I don't mean to cut interactions with Lyanna as she's part of the main story, but please just give us a choice to opt out of having sex with her if we don't want to.

SirD:
I understand why a few players feel this way, absolutely. And while this game has a lot of emphasis on player control... there is one constant that must remain in order for the plot & story to stay true to itself: the main character's autonomy. This is the one and only variable that is out of the player's control, but it is a necessity to drive the plot. The whole idea behind Polarity is that you play a guy who, while a good person deep down and pure of intention, finds himself in the predicament of quickly falling for two girls at roughly the same time and being "torn between the two" / pulled in either direction. Even the name of the game, "Polarity," reflects this dilemma. So you see, if I were to erase this level of autonomy and allow the main-character to instead opt out of ever pursuing Lyanna it would completely hinder the very core of what drives the plot. With all of that said (and this is somewhat of a spoiler, so be warned)... Relatively soon, players will have the opportunity to make a choice. I won't go into the specifics, but players can choose to either A) Break things off with Lyanna... B) Break things off with Naomi... or C) Attempt to create a relationship with both of them. So even though players don't have control over the MC's initial feelings for both girls or his lust for them, players *do* have control over his final decision and which girl he wishes to ultimately pursue.

Lombro (Max):
I still believe the level of autonomy can be preserved without having to go "all the way" (having sex) with both of them. The MC can still pursue both interests romantically (flirt, date etc.) but choosing to have sex with someone is a committed decision from which there is no turning back except to cheat or break up (at least from a morality POV). I mean why try and be faithful when you (as the MC) will be forced into sex with both of them anyway? May as well let morality fly and bang them all.

SirD:
It'll make more sense why the plot involves him having sex with both parties soon enough (if you continue playing through Chapter 5). After all, it is technically designed as a harem game. All I can really say without spoilers is that there comes a point in the story where certain things come to light and that is the catalyst for the potential to build a harem. Believe me when I say that if skipping sex with the two main girls wasn't necessary for a certain major point in the plot I would indeed make it optional.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I had the following discussion with the dev on Patreon about this. You can draw your own conclusions but personally, I'll probably end up rewriting the script (depending on whether I feel it's worth it within a few updates).

On Patreon:
Lombro (Max):

So I love Naomi's character and the slow burn leading up to intimacy. Building this relationship seems meaningful and the story clearly encourages this way of playing (at least with Naomi) and for example the school principal's plea not to cheat and break her heart. So with all that said I find it really disappointing when in chapter-3 the MC is not presented with at least a choice to opt out of having sex with Lyanna. This completely contradicts all previous decisions to remain faithful to Naomi. I don't mean to cut interactions with Lyanna as she's part of the main story, but please just give us a choice to opt out of having sex with her if we don't want to.

SirD:
I understand why a few players feel this way, absolutely. And while this game has a lot of emphasis on player control... there is one constant that must remain in order for the plot & story to stay true to itself: the main character's autonomy. This is the one and only variable that is out of the player's control, but it is a necessity to drive the plot. The whole idea behind Polarity is that you play a guy who, while a good person deep down and pure of intention, finds himself in the predicament of quickly falling for two girls at roughly the same time and being "torn between the two" / pulled in either direction. Even the name of the game, "Polarity," reflects this dilemma. So you see, if I were to erase this level of autonomy and allow the main-character to instead opt out of ever pursuing Lyanna it would completely hinder the very core of what drives the plot. With all of that said (and this is somewhat of a spoiler, so be warned)... Relatively soon, players will have the opportunity to make a choice. I won't go into the specifics, but players can choose to either A) Break things off with Lyanna... B) Break things off with Naomi... or C) Attempt to create a relationship with both of them. So even though players don't have control over the MC's initial feelings for both girls or his lust for them, players *do* have control over his final decision and which girl he wishes to ultimately pursue.

Lombro (Max):
I still believe the level of autonomy can be preserved without having to go "all the way" (having sex) with both of them. The MC can still pursue both interests romantically (flirt, date etc.) but choosing to have sex with someone is a committed decision from which there is no turning back except to cheat or break up (at least from a morality POV). I mean why try and be faithful when you (as the MC) will be forced into sex with both of them anyway? May as well let morality fly and bang them all.

SirD:
It'll make more sense why the plot involves him having sex with both parties soon enough (if you continue playing through Chapter 5). After all, it is technically designed as a harem game. All I can really say without spoilers is that there comes a point in the story where certain things come to light and that is the catalyst for the potential to build a harem. Believe me when I say that if skipping sex with the two main girls wasn't necessary for a certain major point in the plot I would indeed make it optional.
Yeah, that is a no for me, if a found myself in this predicament of falling for two people I would suggest to my partner either an open relationship or a polyamorous one, which is basically the same, open: we can fuck whoever and the other doesn't need to know, poly: the other person has to be okay with the new person in the relationship and has veto power. This is the same problem I have with two other games, but "midlife crisis" for example, if you are patient you have the option to have the wife be okay with an open relationship, and all the cheating is optional, in that game my character did cheat in one playthrough, but because he was drunk, and I ruled that he would act like a drunk and not have inhibitions, but the choice was mine regardless

• Angry
Reactions: lordfridge9

Ghostredneck

May 26, 2020
Being new to the Visual novel genre. ( 5 months ) I have been a Story Driven Gamer since baldur's gate. Choice and consequence. With visual novels we are getting the story a little at a time. Only the writer and developer know the full picture. And so I've learned to not make conclusions till the full story is told.. I have came across VN'S that have stories or styles that are to immature or not to my liking ....with that said. I dont see Sir Dammed disappointing fans with a bad story and am looking foreward to each release.

Reactions: Mint-ER#

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Shame, I liked the cop lady but she can fuck all the way off now.

She knew it was her brother, knew which direction we were headed so knew where he was and she did nothing about it meaning all the deaths he caused as well as the near death of Naomi are all on her hands too.

Off she fucks.

4.30 star(s) 51 Votes