Poll for groups: 2/10 "Love Story"

Which kind of girl/woman is perfect for a love story? (up to 2 votes)

• Tsundere (it's not that this entry is interested in you voting for her, ok!?)

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Yandere (not the killing type, think of Lum in Urusei Yatsura... but at lower voltage)

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Sick Girl/Needing protection

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Tomboy

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Motherly (even in that, literal, sense, yes)

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Innocent and naive

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Childhood friend

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Cold genius outside, a kind sweetie inside (ie: Amy from Sailor Moon)

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Cold cynic outside, needing love inside (ie: an abandoned one who lost faith in the existence love)

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
Till now, love stories are a second place in the general poll ( https://f95zone.to/threads/fetish-poll-grouped.62571/ ) so they are the second to go with their own subpoll
Now, "love story" means all and nothing.
You can have love stories everywhere: in bdsm themed stories, in fantastic stories, in corruption stories, in incest stories, everywhere!

Is "Secretary" a dark comedy bdsm themed movie, or a love story bdsm themed movie, or both? (Both, probably)

So I'll try to detach the love story from the other themes, and concentrate on the characteristics of the subject of your love, mostly the personality, or the tropes mostly used in love stories.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
All of them ?

For me it's not the personality of the girl that count, but how the author handle this personality and play with it.

If you take The DeLuca Family, by example, Luna is at the opposite of her mother in term of personality and behavior. Yet both are strong characters that are strongly loved by the players. Not because of their personality, but because of the story made possible by their said personality.
Heavy Five is another example of game where the characters' personality play an important role. The differences are more subtle (The DeLuca Family is more on the cartoon side for this part), but still lead to characters that are all unique and all highly interesting.

The personality can be deeply interesting, but fail totally because it don't match the story or, what is worse, it's just something superficial and isn't effectively reflected into the girl actions and dialogs.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
For me there's really 2 types of women. There's the girl next door type who's "relationship material" and then there's more of the party girl type who's really just good as a fuckbuddy, friend with benefits, one night stand, etc. The naivety, inexperience, innocence that the girl next door has is lost after partner number x in the party girl. She may be fun and exciting but whatever you have to offer, she's seen it before.

The girl next door doesn't have to be a virgin but she does need to have a low body count. Say 5 or less. Something like that.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I am a sucker for the "childhood friend" and the "tomboy". Combine the two and I am happy. I have two types beyond that: Redhead and Goth, also a great combination.

With the tomboy/childhood friend I like the whole idea that the Male protagonist has never thought about the female friend in that way but sees her in a different outfit and realizes she has a nice body, etc. It is a well worn cliche, I know.

I've been a sucker for redheads forever, nearly the same for goths (I guess they are called "emo" these days).

I particularly don't like the Tsundere type, I am not a fan of the whole "bullies you because they like you" trope.