[POLL] Game set in a female prison

Would you be interested in playing as the female MC in a game set in a prison?

• Total voters

ByteKiss

Nov 13, 2021
I am thinking about a story which takes place in a female prison, where you control the female main character. For those who know it, the inspiration comes from the spanish drama Vis a Vis. You will start as a newcomer, then assimilate into the prison culture and build a reputation.

There will probably be two routes, one where you rule by fear, and one where you are more benevolent. Given the plot nature, there will be not only kinky scenes, but violent episodes as well. I'm definitely ruling out anything gore or involving blood though.

I guess that playing as a female MC won't appeal everyone, but I guess the idea is somewhat interesting and the game could have a good story and gameplay progression. And, among the rest, there are a lot of opportunities to include sex scenes, ranging from vanilla to hard BDSM (both straight and lesbian).

What do you think?

HappyDaedalus

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2021
At the end of the day, an idea is just an idea, so whether it's good or bad is kind of hard to say simply based off a short synopsis. If you give a short synopsis for Lord of The Rings, it sounds like the most boring story ever about a bunch of people trying to throw a ring into a volcano. The brilliance comes out in the execution.

Now as for the idea/setting, there are a lot of upsides to a female prison setting.

There is a story reason for all the characters to be there. There is a reason why they're all forced to interact with each other. There is a sort of natural conflict that exists between prisoners, others prisoners and guards, that very easily lends itself to creating stories.

In terms of ideas, you could have your female MC get thrown in jail for a crime she didn't actually commit. This lets you have a main character that has to be in jail, but they haven't actually committed a crime, so the player can still feel sympathy for them. It also makes the being in prison feel more unfair, and gives the MC a (valid) reason for wanting to get out of prison.

But still, those are all just ideas and concepts. You'd have to actually write it out to see if the story is any good. You could watch series/movies like Shawshank Redemption, Oz and Orange Is The New Black for ideas and inspiration.

Fzeren

Sep 25, 2020
In terms of ideas, you could have your female MC get thrown in jail for a crime she didn't actually commit. This lets you have a main character that has to be in jail, but they haven't actually committed a crime, so the player can still feel sympathy for them.
Absolutely disgusting outlook on life. Holy shit, I usually try to not moralize, but this type of shit needs to be called out. People who commit crimes are still human beings, and should be viewed as such.

Media depictions of incarcerated individuals can be a really good way of humanizing a group of people who are usually just written off, and when you depict your imprisoned MC as "the exception", it at best accomplishes nothing, and at worst has the opposite effect.

HappyDaedalus

Game Developer
Dec 30, 2021
Absolutely disgusting outlook on life. Holy shit, I usually try to not moralize, but this type of shit needs to be called out. People who commit crimes are still human beings, and should be viewed as such.

Media depictions of incarcerated individuals can be a really good way of humanizing a group of people who are usually just written off, and when you depict your imprisoned MC as "the exception", it at best accomplishes nothing, and at worst has the opposite effect.
Except I never said they're not human beings. I'm just saying if your MC is in prison cause they killed a child, most of the players aren't gonna be able to feel a whole lot of sympathy for such a character, or their desire not to be in prison.

Obviously not all incarcerated people are evil.

Reactions: ARB582

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I have no problem playing female MC, but female-only sex for the whole game is not that appealing to me. As for the prison angle, it could be interesting if someone comes up with an engaging gameplay loop for it, which is a lot to ask for.

godlyadonis

Nov 13, 2020
I'd imagine at least a little bit of blood from injuries would fit the setting. Even a liiittle bit of blood for BDSM antics would be a-OK. If everyone gets away with bruises and bandages I wouldn't consider it too dangerous a place, especially not a place that you could "rule by fear." Maybe you could have gore heavier than light bleeding happen but not be illustrated/shown or talked about in detail.

May 31, 2018
I’d probably still give it a heavy look because prison settings are 100% a huge fetish of mine thanks to old school stuff like “Women in Cages”, but I’m not huge on FemMC personally.

Always a problem with a game set in a prison- most ideas are going to limit you to M/M or F/F scenes unless the character being played is a guard or the like. I’ve actually toyed with the idea of a Male-MC game where a dude gets thrown into a guts prison, but I’m probably the only one that drools over the idea.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Women only not really for me (don't mind female MC), a prison location would be a welcome change from college games though.

Wish you the best whatever you decide. :)

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
Yes, but only if that means there are NO male characters in the game. Also getting some outfits normally not worn in prisons into the game would be good.