[Poll] Games with female protagonists

What kind of female-protagonist game do you prefer?

• Total voters

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Poll only for people who play games with a female protagonist.

I'll explain why the poll was made later, but it isn't for the development of a game. :p

Last edited:

AimlessApe

Sep 9, 2023
This is the first thing I consider when I find a game with female protagonists. If the girl isn't a slut or can't get corrupted I stay away. When I get wholesome scenes I barely read them.

Gizakoon

May 25, 2020
I don't dislike corruption, but its ubiquity as a theme is a little tiresome. I'm more or less wholly apathetic to 'wholesomeness'. What I'd like to see more of are female protagonists who begin with an open or even mercenary attitude toward sex.

Satori6

Game Developer
Aug 29, 2023
An elaboration of my corruption vote:

I like corruption when done right, not when there's no corrupting taking place and the character simply follows a linear path from virgin to public use gangbang doll for no good reason, with each step being locked behind some arbitrary threshold that isn't reached through character development, but through a senseless grind.

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
The only relevant choice is missing.
Female Protagonists have to be lesbian, the rest is irrelevant but the first unavoidable dick is the reason to delete the game.
I don play cumdumps, neither wholesome nor slutty ones.

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
I can't adequately pin my view down to the poll options, so I'll write an answer instead. Lucky you! >.>

I like a wholesome tone. Broadly vanilla or pit of depravity is fine as long as it's not mean spirited.
Sounds like you'd be option 3, since you're fine with both kinds, you just prefer them done in a particular way.

The only relevant choice is missing.
Female Protagonists have to be lesbian, the rest is irrelevant but the first unavoidable dick is the reason to delete the game.
I don play cumdumps, neither wholesome nor slutty ones.
The second question in the Surveymonkey link is about that.

Reactions: Pamphlet

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
cis...always confusing that shit, woman are woman, nothing more and nothing less. However, i think i filled the poll, but i refuse to make an account ;)

LewdCatgirl

Aug 16, 2018
I broadly prefer games with lewd, horny female protagonists (though not bimbos or *only* capable of thinking about sex) who have lots of consensual sex, though non-consensual sex may also occur. Preferably they'd be bisexual and would have both male and female partners - maybe also with some kind of temporary futa spell to allow her to inseminate or be inseminated by female characters.

I'm not really interested in the protagonist entering an exclusive relationship (and either being loyal or cheating). Though I wouldn't mind if they have a sexually open relationship, preferably with another lewd girl. Though writing romance characters/plots I find compelling is hard.

leo5298

May 23, 2022
I think the only type of novel that I would be interested in playing a female protagonist in would be one where the MC is dominant, manipulative, brutal, ruthless and/or malicious. A game with a female protagonist going around ruining men left and right, using sex, coercion or force(cbt?) would be a fun female power fantasy game.

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I like when the character we play as is actually a blank canvas and does whatever we want her to do. I know many people love corruption but I often find it to be tedious (because in a lot of games, events are locked behind certain corruption meter requirements). I'm actually a fan of wholesome stuff with male protagonist games but I definitely like it a little kinkier with female protags... Still tho, I'd like to have her be a bit slutty but overall still a good and friendly person. I really hate how corruption often leads to the girl changing completely and just being a mindless fucktoy that gets used and raped by everyone. I like when the game gives us full control over the MC and lets us choose what we wanna do and when we wanna do it.

But to answer the poll, I'd probably go with something in between full on corruption and wholesome stuff. I'd really love seeing more games where the girls conscience is us as the player so we can have her be as slutty or as wholesome as we like from the get go.

LAKueiJin

Apr 15, 2020
Explanation of my corruption vote - only if the female MC is doing the corruption or manipulation, or if it is being done to her by dominant female characters. Usually "corruption" is a tag in maledom games, which I avoid like the plague, hence the need for the explanation.

Reactions: Jaike

trc450

Game Developer
Jun 28, 2023
Out of the two, wholesome.

That said, I like situations where they are plunged into dark world (often exaggarated) and are doing just things to survive.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Expected outcome. Vast majority of the player base is male. Can't be bothered to do research, but that seems plausible. A large portion of male players that like romance and wholesome are probably into self inserting as a male protag to get that feels. So that leaves corruption enjoyers who will make up a large portion of players that are willing to play fem protag.

Reactions: LAKueiJin

LAKueiJin

Apr 15, 2020
Expected outcome. Vast majority of the player base is male. Can't be bothered to do research, but that seems plausible. A large portion of male players that like romance and wholesome are probably into self inserting as a male protag to get that feels. So that leaves corruption enjoyers who will make up a large portion of players that are willing to play fem protag.
This sounds like a pretty plausible theory for a lot of vanilla/dom leaning males, and even some subs, as I know a couple users in the femdom community who just don't play any lezdom games because they can't enjoy female protag stories... :unsure:

That said, I for one am the complete opposite, in that I only like male protag games if they are femdom and at least somewhat torture/humiliate their MC, and while I also voted for corruption and manipulation because I'm a kinky degenerate and I prefer lezdom games to wholesome yuri ones :LOL: , (too "vanilla" romances that don't explore uneven relationship power dynamics tend to bore me if the story is not otherwise remarkable) I'll still always take a wholesome female protag yuri game over anything with a male protag that's not femdom!

Tbf it's a poll with just three options at the end of the day, so you can't really draw much of a conclusion from the results, as many voters will have had unique/unorthodox reasons for their pick, but I can easily imagine a lot of male dominant/vanilla players (maybe even some switches) doing exactly what you said.