POLL: Of all the adult games you've played, do you tend to establish a connection with only 1 girl, 2 girls, or 3+ girls?

In adult games, on avg, do you establish a connection with only 1 girl, 2 girls, or 3 girls or more?

• From my experience, I usually end up really liking 1 girl.

Votes: 55 12.9%
  • From my experience, I usually end up really liking 1 or 2 girls.

Votes: 97 22.7%
  • From my experience, I usually end up really liking 2 girls.

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • From my experience, I usually end up really liking 2 or 3 girls.

Votes: 46 10.8%
  • From my experience, I usually end up really liking 3 girls.

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • From my experience, I usually end up really liking 3 or more girls.

Votes: 202 47.3%
  • Other, I'll respond with a post to the thread.

Votes: 6 1.4%

• Total voters

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Really think about this. Go through each one of your favorite adult games in your head. Did you end up liking only one of the girls in each game, or did you find yourself liking 1 or 2 girls, or maybe you liked 3 or more in each game? Here's my experience.

- In Karryn's Prison, I like Karryn, she's a great character. She's the only woman in that entire game. The game goes all in on one girl.
- In Kingdom of Deception, I like Sabia & Neve, but all the other girls are just meh, because the developer's resources are limited, so the writing suffers as a result.
- In Dreams of Desire, I liked the mother and the aunt, but didn't like either of the sisters. Do you think the game would've been as successful if the two sisters were cut out?
- In the Visit, I liked the mother, the aunt and the girlfriend . Do you think the game would've been as successful if there was only the mother?
- In Femdom city, I liked five of the women, but there are so many women, each girl gets very little content. So having too many characters can backfire, due to little content for each.
- In Holiday Island, I only liked 3 girls out of the 10+ women in the game. So waiting for content updates for the girls I liked would take forever.

So, is it really worth making a game with so many different women; because for every woman NPC that's added, it means less content for each of the women.

Example:

A developer can make a total of 24 sex scenes.

If there's only 1 girl in the game, she'll get 24 sex scenes.
If there's 2 girls, each gets 12 sex scenes.
If there's 3 girls, each gets 8 sex scenes.
If there's 4 girls, each gets 6 sex scenes.

I once heard an argument, that only someone like Quentin Tarantino can pull off having so many different characters in a movie. They say most writers should focus on developing as few characters as possible, because not everyone is Quentin Tarantino.

Last edited:

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
So, is it really worth making a game with so many different women; because for every woman NPC that's added, it means less content for each of the women.
The more love interests you have in your game, the higher the chance that at least one of them appeals to the player, but as you say, it also means less content per girl. The bigger question is what kind of game you're making and what kind of story you want to tell. Some stories are just heavily focused on one or two girls and if they don't appeal to you the game just won't be for you and that's okay. If you want to be a cynic I think it makes more sense to have more girls and deal with players being disappointed that their favorite waifu doesn't have enough scenes, than having a game where you only concentrate on one or two girls and that player never really stuck with your game to begin with, because his waifu wasn't in it.

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
- In Dreams of Desire, I liked the mother and the aunt, but didn't like either of the sisters. Do you think the game would've been as successful if the two sisters were cut out?
I think that depends on personal tastes.
I liked the sisters more than the aunt and mom.
As mentioned by fitgirlbest, having more characters means more likely everyone will like some character. If we removed the Sisters from DoD i would not like the game as much but if you removed the mom and the aunt you might not like the game as much.
So IMO its important to have a variety of characters in the game

LewdCatgirl

Aug 16, 2018
Yeah, maybe I'm often mainly invested in one girl in the game but that might be more because the types of characters I really like are uncommon enough that there'll likely be only one per game. So if you have fewer characters and the one I like is still there that's great ... but you also run the risk of removing the one I would have liked resulting in me not really getting along with anyone and bouncing off the game.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
This game is one of my all time favorites so I know from experience that Tracy is most people's favorite characters or at least ties with the mother, so it definitely wouldn't be so popular without the sisters, and my favorite girls are the mother and Alice so without the other sister I probably wouldn't like it so much.

As said before, the more character, the more chances you have that at least one of them will charm the player. It's worth mentioning that if you talk about 3 or more girls, you're talking about a harem, so balancing a harem game and a non-harem game (1 or 2 girls) are different things. Even if everyone would prefer to love all characters, the harem is a character itself in a way. It doesn't matter if you have 8 girls with 3 scenes each, you still have 24 scenes for yourself because the harem is yours, and that's the main goal for a harem player.

Personally I tend to like all characters, as long as the dev put some effort in making them feel different I can tell and appreciate that and enjoy each girl in it's own way.

I did this poll about how many girls are the right amount of girls in harem games, you may want to look at it:
https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-games-how-many-girls-are-too-many-girls.40160/

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Depend on what you mean by connection? Like a romantic LI ? Usually 1 or 2. As a sexual partner? Anything that look attractive.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Play koikatsu, end up downloading over 1k cards. Continually keep reverting to the same dozen or two characters and cards that more or less have the same look to them, then blast them with a high frequency setting of the "MILF-ray" in editing. Idk man, it depends on the game and what sort of characters there are. Your explaination in the first post almost necessitates a "all of the above, depending on the game" specifically because of solo female character games.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Generally, I like most girls in the games I play... but I'm picky with them. But let's use some examples:

- What a Legend: Myrtle is easy my favorite, but I like Lana, Rose, Maple and Simmone
- Amity Park: Desiree absolutely blasts all the others from the competition, but Kate and Pauline are close seconds. I also like Jazz, but more because she's cute than really interested in getting in her pants
- Eternum: Nova and Annie are the top contenders, with Alex and Penelope following them
- Paradise Lust: Olga and Maria, hands down. But Andrea and Jenny are nice
- Body Language: Jessica. The others are there... I do their paths, but Jessica is Jessica!

Last edited:

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
It really just depends on the game and story. In Being A Dik, it's gonna be really difficult for me to pick a route if I end up having to choose between women, cause there are several. (this is why we have mods lol)
But, there are some games where I am content with just picking one woman. The Point Of No Return, for example...I just wanna see the daughter get passed around between all the guys...nothing else matters to me in that game. lol

DiviDreamer

Aug 29, 2020
More is always better, and yes i understand developers that can make 24 scene for 1 girl
or 12 for 2, but as gamer i want 24 scene for 24 girl
and able to see all content in one playthrough and i am sure many other want see the same.

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017
Depends on how many the game offers and how many of them are to my tastes and liking.
Can be anything between only 1 really nice girl that could mean the world to me up to an entire harem of fucktoys.
Usually i prefer to go with 2-4, which leaves enuff room for character and story building and allows to get closer to them making em more intresting and not just toys to play with.

Reactions: 246 and sexypeanut
Jan 2, 2022
If only 24 sex scenes are allowed, then I'd like for them to be spread out over 3 girls. That gives plenty of variety.
If there are 3 "sweet" girls in a story, I want a harem.
If 1 is "bitchy," then just angry fuck her in all 3 holes and leave her covered in cum in 4 scenes. No time for nice "progression" just nail her HARD and make her your Whore/Slave.
Then be gentle with the "nice" girls. Allow to progress in stages: nudity, oral, vaginal, creampie, anal, etc.
In '23 Sisters' I fell in love with Tiffany. The "Alpha Bitch" of the harem.
I often fall in love with my daughter/mother/sister if they are portrayed well. If they are mean, just slap them on the ass and do some dry anal, lol.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Honestly, since I strongly prefer sandbox style games with lots of casual sex spread between a lot of different girls, 3 seems like an extremely small number to me. Games like Max's Life feature dozens of girls, and lots of them have fun parts in the story and hot, repeatable sex scenes. I would say that I really like 12-15 girls in that one.

For smaller scale game, one like Mystwood Manor has 8 main girls, and likely scenes coming with more, and I'd say that I really like 5-6 of them a lot.

A new game that I really love so far, Stranded in Space, features 15 main female characters and scenes with 5 or 6 more. Of those main 15, I really like 5-6 as well.

kinkybastard

Nov 21, 2017
for perspective: harem hotel has a couple of girls, all interesting and more or less fleshed out, same goes for a house in the rift and hail dicktator, there is a reason those three are my favourite harem games

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
It dependse on the game.

In lab rats 1 i connected to all of them to one degree or an other.
Jessica is a loving caring mother of 2.
Lilly is your submissive sister(And future sex slave)
Stepthany is girlfriend material.
Smart, likeable personalty and perverted.
Nora is smart sexy nerd if a bit old.

Alexia on the other hand.
If she wasnt needed for most endings i would ignore her.

Superpowered sandra, ally, chelsey, stepthanie, magie, monika larson, kelly, are all memeroable.
There are also several girls i coudnt care less about.

I find forming a connection depends on the character in question.

Megian from cohabbitation took me a while to remember.
And i coudnt for the life of me remember the names of the characters in corruption.

So there isnt a set number of characters i connect too.
It is all about there personality.

Speaking of which.
The tyrant is an interesting case study.
There are very few girls.
The sex scense are great.
The domination route is great.
The romance route however.....