HornyBumpkis

Nov 11, 2023
Hello everyone! I'd like to give an update on the upcoming 0.17 release of my game.

I've made moderate progress towards this update and am currently on schedule to release 0.17 between Sept 20th and Sep 27th.

This will be a small update with a quick turnaround time due to the game breaking bug that had to be patched for 0.16.

Although it won't be the largest update, I already have some juicy events in there and I expect to add even more. I'm really looking forward to getting it out to you all for you all to enjoy.

Hope you're all enjoying the current version, even with all the problems with bugs. Can't wait to get the next version out to you.

Cheers!
Is there going to be a mac version?

ZinkoPoly

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
Is there going to be a mac version?
There are no plans to release a mac version at this time. My reasoning was posted in a post a while back, which I'll put here as a spoiler:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If there are people that genuinely would like a mac version, it is something I can consider. My (very limited) experience has shown it to be something people ask for but not something people actually play. I could definitely be wrong.

GhostAdi@13

Aug 9, 2022
There are no plans to release a mac version at this time. My reasoning was posted in a post a while back, which I'll put here as a spoiler:

If there are people that genuinely would like a mac version, it is something I can consider. My (very limited) experience has shown it to be something people ask for but not something people actually play. I could definitely be wrong.
I totally agree with your statment not all play on mac version and very few give feedbacks which makes devs to think about their upcoming future updates for their game in mac

ZinkoPoly

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
Any chance of the option to skip to the new content on a new save?
Although that's a good idea, I'm not sure how I would implement it. Since I envision Polyturnon as a sandbox game, it's hard to know what the 'game state' should be on a skip.

I rely on others to provide save files to use as I have a difference of vision as to what a 100% save would be (for example, someone who like the maid more than the secretary should have more sex with the maid, and vice versa... multiplied out by all 69 girls).

People do post 100% saves which I greatly appreciate, as it takes that responsibility out of my hands.

I was hoping the patch would fix your lost progress. I truly apologize for v0.16 ruining your save. There's a chance that 0.17 could fix your save, if it was an error on load that was occurring. Wish I could implement your idea, but as of right now it's not something I'm planning on implementing.

Reactions: Cshackleford

HornyBumpkis

Nov 11, 2023

I mean I am playing the mac version, that's why I keep asking, but I understand if you don't find it worth your time, and the version I have never had any issues besides what people say regardless of the version, so from my experience it runs perfectly fine. I don't mean to be annoying about it, I was just confused since I had the mac version, and then it was gone when I came back to check. I do really like playing your game, so I didn't want to miss out. Just curious, how are you measuring the number of people who download the game?

Reactions: ZinkoPoly

ZinkoPoly

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
I mean I am playing the mac version, that's why I keep asking, but I understand if you don't find it worth your time, and the version I have never had any issues besides what people say regardless of the version, so from my experience it runs perfectly fine. I don't mean to be annoying about it, I was just confused since I had the mac version, and then it was gone when I came back to check. I do really like playing your game, so I didn't want to miss out. Just curious, how are you measuring the number of people who download the game?
Ah, I think I get it now. You're playing a version of the game that I did not build that was built by a fan. The one and only upload for Mac I ever did was for v0.001.

Hopefully the person who did that conversion is doing it again for you this time.

Perhaps I am totally off base and wrong about a mac playerbase. When 0.17 releases perhaps I'll also try a mac export on the side to see if it gets downloaded (only doing a side post to avoid having to do the three mirrors... which takes forever).

The number of downloads is visible on some sites but not others. For MEGA, I have to guess. For Mediafire, Gofile, Mixdrop, and Pixeldrain, it tells me the number right next to the file. As a side note, I keep having to change my third file host as I keep running into issues, causing a 6 hour upload time to turn into 9 hour upload time. Only MEGA (my personal choice) and Mediafire (a choice that's great for uploading) work flawlessly every time. The rest have given me so many issues, right at the exact time I'm hoping to hurry up and get the game out to you all!

Sorry if I came off a little harsh about the mac version, HornyBumbkis. I could absolutely be in the wrong. I've just been burnt before so I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat when it comes to interacting with the mac side of things.

Cheers!

• Red Heart
Reactions: HornyBumpkis

HornyBumpkis

Nov 11, 2023
Ah, I think I get it now. You're playing a version of the game that I did not build that was built by a fan. The one and only upload for Mac I ever did was for v0.001.

Hopefully the person who did that conversion is doing it again for you this time.

Cheers!
Oh damn really, I did not know that someone else made the mac port. I appreciate the effort, and if it's too much of a pain in the ass then don't overwork yourself.

ZinkoPoly

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
Hello everyone! I'd like to give another update on the upcoming release of v0.17.

I currently have enough content to release a very small update, but I feel like I should hold off until I get another event or two of substance added in.

I was actually on track to release at the beginning of the window for once but last week had three nights in a row of zero progress. Big oof.

So, for sure I'll be releasing in the previously given release window and will have the game out by the 27th, probably the 25th or 26th.

Sorry that I couldn't get it out to you guys this weekend but I'll have it to you before the next. Hope you're all looking forward to it! I'm certainly excited to get some of these scenes out to be played.

Cheers!

GhostAdi@13

Aug 9, 2022
Hello everyone! I'd like to give another update on the upcoming release of v0.17.

I currently have enough content to release a very small update, but I feel like I should hold off until I get another event or two of substance added in.

I was actually on track to release at the beginning of the window for once but last week had three nights in a row of zero progress. Big oof.

So, for sure I'll be releasing in the previously given release window and will have the game out by the 27th, probably the 25th or 26th.

Sorry that I couldn't get it out to you guys this weekend but I'll have it to you before the next. Hope you're all looking forward to it! I'm certainly excited to get some of these scenes out to be played.

Cheers!
No problem dev just relax and do well

Bob36092

Aug 30, 2024
Stupid question but I can't find the info in here,

I understand how the "Repeatable Sex Scenes" work but is there a way to replay sex scenes that occurs during Progress Events?

For exemple, I just had a sex scene through progression with Kately (Pink hair class one), can we get that to play again?

ZinkoPoly

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
Stupid question but I can't find the info in here,

I understand how the "Repeatable Sex Scenes" work but is there a way to replay sex scenes that occurs during Progress Events?

For exemple, I just had a sex scene through progression with Kately (Pink hair class one), can we get that to play again?
Currently, there are a couple one-time sex scenes without repeatable counterparts that cannot be replayed.

Occasionally I do make repeatable versions later on (in the changelog, these are noted as Repeatable versions of existing sex), sometimes requiring a progress or two made to "unlock" a newer version of an old scene.

I do not currently have a gallery planned, but your post makes me think that I could perhaps do a "Progress Only" gallery. It'd cut down on the work to do one, and I know many, many people have requested a gallery. Still thinking on it.

Thanks for your question!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bob36092

Bob36092

Aug 30, 2024
Currently, there are a couple one-time sex scenes without repeatable counterparts that cannot be replayed.

Occasionally I do make repeatable versions later on (in the changelog, these are noted as Repeatable versions of existing sex), sometimes requiring a progress or two made to "unlock" a newer version of an old scene.

I do not currently have a gallery planned, but your post makes me think that I could perhaps do a "Progress Only" gallery. It'd cut down on the work to do one, and I know many, many people have requested a gallery. Still thinking on it.

Thanks for your question!

Thanks for the quick answer, I kept playing and realized that indeed some of the progress scene are just unlocked later on but it's good to have confirmation.

I'm really enjoying the game so far, good job!

ZinkoPoly

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
Update v0.17 is now out!

The Small Island Update is a small update with events all around the island.

Although my main driver for this update was to turn it around quickly, I ended making quite a few scenes I really liked. I also added a new location to discover that will lead to all sorts of fun in updates to come. There are some true gems in this release that I hope you all will thoroughly enjoy.

There is some duplication in the event count, so just be aware that this update is a bit smaller than the +20 events in the changelog would suggest.

For translators and modders, here are the places in the old code where things have been changed:

Hopefully this update goes bug-free (or as bug-free as it can) after the debacle of 0.16. I appreciate everybody's patience with the issues of the last release. Hopefully this 0.17 update will 'fix' some of the save file issues that some individuals were having.

As always, I'd love to hear any comments, criticisms, and critiques you may have. Hope you enjoy the update, and let me know how it goes!

Cheers!

Reactions: HornyBumpkis

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
Polyturnon-0.17
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Polyturnon [v0.17] [ZinkoPoly] - Compressed

Win/Linux [1,48 GB]
- - - -

Mac [1,45 GB]
- - - -

homarkc

Nov 12, 2018
Got this trying to access Claire's, Summer's, Noemi's hints:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4659, in script
    $ location_select = renpy.call_screen("location_screen6")
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4659, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3062, in execute
    screen girl_screen():
    screen girl_screen():
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3065, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3071, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4248, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4253, in execute
    viewport:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4259, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4272, in execute
    if selectedCharacter <> "C_MainC":
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4278, in execute
    text "{size=-10}"+SexHint(selectedCharacter)+"{/size}"
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4278, in <module>
  File "game/helpers.rpy", line 5107, in SexHint
    if EventPreReq(event0744,C_Activist) == "Green Light!":
  File "game/helpers.rpy", line 2311, in EventPreReq
    tempHourStamp += ', ' + LocName(EventZ.priorevent.location)
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen girl_screen():
    screen girl_screen():
    frame:
    hbox:
    frame:
    viewport:
    vbox:

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Polyturnon 0.17
Fri Sep 27 00:34:00 2024

Last edited:

Sane82

Aug 23, 2022
Damn I was looking forward to playing the game it checked out everything I look for in a game but unavoidable lesbian content guess I won't play it after all
Good luck with the game though it look great

ZinkoPoly

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
Got this trying to access Claire's, Summer's, Noemi's hints:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    screen girl_screen():
    screen girl_screen():
    frame:
    hbox:
    frame:
    viewport:
    vbox:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen girl_screen():
    screen girl_screen():
    frame:
    hbox:
    frame:
    viewport:
    vbox:

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Polyturnon 0.17
Fri Sep 27 00:34:00 2024
I cannot believe I messed up again and need a day one patch.

I made a mistake on the Sex Hints that I did not catch that is causing this error. A 52kb patch has been added to download on the first page. Here is a link for convenience:

My apologies for making the mistakes on the Sex Hints for two updates in a row.

Like the last update, the zip file needs to be unzipped and the two files replaced in the game subfolder. Hopefully this fixes any issues anyone is having.

Sorry everybody.

4.10 star(s) 38 Votes