[Pooolka] Slave Maker

Pooolka

Sep 23, 2024
Hello,

I have been working on a remake of Slave Maker and i'm looking for beta-testers (and "beta-creators") for the game.
For the many who don't know me, i'm the original creator of Slave Maker 1 (which CMacleod turned into a wonderful game) and i made some other games too. (Sim Brothel, Henthighschool, ...)

I created a new version which would allow anyone to add their own slaves, events, missions, endings, buildings, and so on.
The game is not completely done but is playable. I'm looking for people who would try it and spot the (most likely many) bugs in the game and to create content for it (through the integrated editor).

If anyone is interested, here is the link to download the game:
There are only two slaves in the game right now, and only Belldandy has special activities and events.
The game still has bugs and the design is what is is (never good at that) but it should be playable.

Feel free to share the game if you like it, the link will most likely not be alive for long.

Here are some pictures:

SM01.png

SM04.png

SM05.png

SM02.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rabcor

ImortisInglorian

Nov 8, 2017
What you have here is already quite impressive. However, I think the UI could do with a reworking. The colors shifting is destructing. The buttons look a but odd, and sometimes the font is too big for the button size (like the next button when stepping through the activities). The pop-out windows are a bit out of place as well.

• Hey there
Reactions: Baby Girl 31576

Ixmore

May 31, 2019
What program are you using to make this? Are you going to make it just like the original Slave maker or do you plan to expand on it in the way CMacload did with Slave Maker 3

• Hey there

Velomous

Jan 14, 2024
Plays almost exactly like the original slavemaker, just without the content, so if that was the plan then you're doing well. The main thing that puts it ahead of the original slavemaker are the modding tools.

There are some readability issues, like the likes and dislikes thingy, can't tell where one ends and the other begins. Also that 'next' button is really small, and you have to click it a lot which means it should be bigger.

I think the biggest issue with the design however is the tendency for menus to open in new windows, that's a big no-no imo. Applications, games or otherwise, should try to stick to just one window per instance.

• Hey there

Pooolka

Sep 23, 2024
What you have here is already quite impressive. However, I think the UI could do with a reworking. The colors shifting is destructing. The buttons look a but odd, and sometimes the font is too big for the button size (like the next button when stepping through the activities). The pop-out windows are a bit out of place as well.
Thank you for your comment. Front-end has always been the thing i'm the worst at (That doesn't mean i'm good at back-end either). I'll try to work on a few changes to make it look better.

What program are you using to make this? Are you going to make it just like the original Slave maker or do you plan to expand on it in the way CMacload did with Slave Maker 3
I've been working on C# WPF (not the best for games but i wanted to work on it).
I don't know yet what i'm going to do with it. Usually, i create a game to try something or learn something new and have to drop it whenever i don't have the time to work on it anymore. As long as i can, i'll try to correct bugs and add functionalities, hoping for the users to create content for it (that's what take the most of time).
I do it mostly for fun and if someone enjoy the game enough to rework on it (like CMacload did) then it's a win for me.

Plays almost exactly like the original slavemaker, just without the content, so if that was the plan then you're doing well. The main thing that puts it ahead of the original slavemaker are the modding tools.

There are some readability issues, like the likes and dislikes thingy, can't tell where one ends and the other begins. Also that 'next' button is really small, and you have to click it a lot which means it should be bigger.

I think the biggest issue with the design however is the tendency for menus to open in new windows, that's a big no-no imo. Applications, games or otherwise, should try to stick to just one window per instance.
Thank you, as i said just before UI is not what i'm good at but i'll try to make something a bit better.

Wooot, its Pooolka
It is i. I'm glad and impressed some people still remember me.

Reactions: Velomous

Baby Girl 31576

Sep 24, 2024
are we going to be able to lend slaves we are training and I think it would be neat if we could also loan slaves that we trained and kept like for ongoing missions I would like all the slaves to have unique special missions to complete and to be able to do specialty training like cat slave, pony slave, puppy slave, courtisian and the more you done the more you get paid with those special trainings

Pooolka

Sep 23, 2024
How do we create extra slaves to train
You can use the integrated Editor to create new slave.

when there an update is there a way to let me know I would like to play updates
I can't make any promises on updates right now or on any schedules, i might have to give up on working on it if i'm unable to have free time. But if i have to let it down i'd give the source code to anyone who want it.

are we going to be able to lend slaves we are training and I think it would be neat if we could also loan slaves that we trained and kept like for ongoing missions I would like all the slaves to have unique special missions to complete and to be able to do specialty training like cat slave, pony slave, puppy slave, courtisian and the more you done the more you get paid with those special trainings
I didn't have any plans about lending slaves to npcs but if i have time for it i can add such a system.
You can create your own slaves as well as your own special trainings and endings, please try the editor and tell me if you find any bugs so i can correct them. You can share your creations with other people so they can add them to their game.

Baby Girl 31576

Sep 24, 2024
You can use the integrated Editor to create new slave.

I can't make any promises on updates right now or on any schedules, i might have to give up on working on it if i'm unable to have free time. But if i have to let it down i'd give the source code to anyone who want it.

I didn't have any plans about lending slaves to npcs but if i have time for it i can add such a system.
You can create your own slaves as well as your own special trainings and endings, please try the editor and tell me if you find any bugs so i can correct them. You can share your creations with other people so they can add them to their game.
I struggle with editor I am not good at coding

Pooolka

Sep 23, 2024
A new version with very small bugs corrected (not really needed to download it if you have the first version):

I struggle with editor I am not good at coding
You don't really to know how to code to use it. Try to create something on it and see how it goes.
I can try to make it easier to work with but you will have to tell me exactly what you don't understand.