• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Poor facial lighting

Apr 7, 2020
BTW: What's a reasonable size for my renders? Consider that I will create a comic.

The ratio I chose is 16:9 and the size 2560x1440: is it enough? Or should I increase to 3840x2160?

I don't want my rendering times to increase too much...I therefore ask you if the first resolution is sufficient to have a good product.

Thank you

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
BTW: What's a reasonable size for my renders? Consider that I will create a comic.

The ratio I chose is 16:9 and the size 2560x1440: is it enough? Or should I increase to 3840x2160?

I don't want my rendering times to increase too much...I therefore ask you if the first resolution is sufficient to have a good product.

Thank you
If you're making an AVN, it's going to be downscaled to 1080 more often than it isn't. If it's just comics, though? I'd probably go 4K. Honestly, I'd still probably go 4K even for an AVN (since it'll be downscaled anyways.).

I personally find the detail retention of 4K, especially with downscaling, to often be far better than 2K/1440p. All that said, just render with the dimensions that work best for you and your hardware situation.

Apr 7, 2020
If you're making an AVN, it's going to be downscaled to 1080 more often than it isn't. If it's just comics, though? I'd probably go 4K. Honestly, I'd still probably go 4K even for an AVN (since it'll be downscaled anyways.).

I personally find the detail retention of 4K, especially with downscaling, to often be far better than 2K/1440p. All that said, just render with the dimensions that work best for you and your hardware situation.

You're right: I'm going to make just comics. ;)

So I'll go 4k: many thanks for the suggestion. My hardware can support it.
But the scene I posted in the topic, took 30 minutes to render, so how can I go with downscaling? Should I render in 8K and then scale? It will take me hours for a single .png :(