VN Ren'Py Portals Master [Development Thread]

Zekkin

Jul 15, 2019
Hello, everyone! My name is Zekkin, and I'm here to tell you about the start of development of a new game!

Not too long ago I started developing my first game, Portals Master. The main character of this story is a bully, who got the ability to open portals during the invasion of monsters on earth. His ancestors were mages, so this power can't just be called dropped on him from the sky (relatively).

As bullies are supposed to do, he uses magic to his advantage. More specifically, he collects a harem. The main feature of the game I would call the importance of player choice. In Portals Master, you can't lose, but you can step on the dark or light path. Depending on the player's actions, different content is available: from winning the hearts of companions to their complete subjugation as slaves. Priority genres - sexual harassment (not all girls will immediately fall in love with the hero), harem, incest.

Creating such content requires a lot of time, so I decided to create this thread in order to communicate with the community before the release of the first version of the game. Perhaps I can get some pointers on my shortcomings or some good ideas.

At the moment the basis of the game is ready, we are filling it with content. There won't be a grind, only various events and elections, on which everything will depend.

Progress:
All starting locations and systems are ready.
Only four main girls and a succubus are involved in the story so far.
500+ renders are ready.
Another ~1300 renders are needed to complete what you might call the first chapter. The story and the code for it have already been written.

The main problem of the game - I'm not a native English speaker, and I can be wrong in the text. But I plan to work on this before the release, finding a native speaker to proofread the text.
I don't have Patreon yet - the game is not yet at the stage of development to seek support. The first version is tentatively coming out in mid to late March, perhaps earlier.
There will also be updates and stuff here!

Thanks for your attention!

Below are the renders that are already in the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Zekkin

Jul 15, 2019

So, I changed the succubus' appearance to a unique one, deciding to add another power to the MC that won't work on all heroines. Some (Alya and Vellis as an example) will be unresponsive, and you'll have to go the way of love or the way of submission without magic with them.
Vellis can be seen from afar in the render below ;)

There were an unexpectedly large number of heroines, but for the first release I will limit myself to three or four..

Ah yes - the number of renders has increased by another ~80. Of course, my skills are not as good as those of the mature game creators, but I try.
The next topic update is next Monday, 07.02!

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Ms.LunarDelight

Zekkin

Jul 15, 2019
The development turned out to be a bit more time-consuming than I thought. Nevertheless, the process is going on, and the game has been updated with ~200 renders.

For example, this dark-haired beauty is the sister of the main character:
And at the moment she is the only one with the magical control system available. A love path is also developed for her, but it is not prioritized.
Next time I'll update the topic when I have enough new material. Thanks, everyone, and see you all again.

Reactions: Ms.LunarDelight

Zekkin

Jul 15, 2019
Due to the current world situation, development has slowed down. For now I'm wondering whether it's better to postpone the release date of the first version or to reduce the available content.
But development hasn't stopped, it's just a little slower.
Stay safe!