imelman

May 15, 2018
Alright, new update, new changes, new balance and new units, and things I need to say out;

The first thing I am thankful for is fixes to certain broken things that the previous patch was annoying me for, but there's still unfixed stuff like stone element choice at start still giving +2 armor, lover trait not being discounted if it gets selected for a randomized preference and bunch of others, in addition to new bugs like the gallery for centaur lady being bugged. There's more bugs that I skimmed over, but it needs to be fixed.

Now on changes, which I need to discuss; the new focuses are fairly interesting, since having to select focus before was quite annoying, and now you can select either a focus that is closest to pre-patch, or alternatively, an maximum focus that prevents you doing the other, but makes up for it with extra points for starters/main character, as well being really powerful at doing so. But the breeding focus only gives an extra roll on maximum focus unlike before, though fusion focus is less punishing as a result besides not getting traits reliably.

The favored trait, which prevents the king from giving you a game over now has doubled cost, which makes defeating the king a high priority, which isn't difficult for most experienced games, but it only really makes its usage most useful during challenge ranks 10+, where it becomes a necessity due to how strong the king becomes and the fact you can only juggle the quests so much before it becomes untenable. I haven't got the new traits from achievements yet, but will talk about them later.

The changes to skill trees for creator/shapeshifter is quite a welcome change, which helps with their specializations, though the creator is still a frail character that heavily relies on units while mostly having slime related skills instead of general support ones(or more importantly, not being potion reliant)to keep up at late game. Having free adaptations per character makes them more efficient than they are already, but considering adaptation potions are only available to the shapeshifter, well...

Ascended is still nerfed(but still useful especially for non-shapeshifter due to them not scaling with percentage bonuses)as I expected, but I still think at challenge rank 20+ you should get the previous variant, as well an even stronger one at 30+, but of course, not without introducing new challenges on those to make it interesting.

The unique character fusion keeping their status finally makes them usable beyond early-mid game, since they often suffer from the fact you need rebirth trait that only works once per game just to make them useful for late-game, but after that, the only ones that need it are NPCs.

And on marriage system - it locks you down to a single NPC, which isn't exactly a bad thing, but due to fact you miss out on certain interactions like the special world that is opened by a librarian if not in the party yet, this makes something that is supposed to be done as early as possible for maximum benefit untenable, not really making them useful without rebirth trait that already maxes their level alongside redistributing their genes. Yes, extra skills are fairly powerful, doubled stamina allows for more efficient usage of them, but when you have stuff that encourages using other characters first, well, it makes it more of mid-late game thing, and the brothel lady is still most useful character for it considering the stamina bonus. The other character's skills maybe could contest such view, but I still think it is the most useful NPC out of them all, but you have to learn others traits or you will end up being locked out due to how it works, so...Can't exactly be 100% happy when you have to do specific stuff first before doing it.

But hey, I think the new special endings will make my endavor worth it, but I hope there's more fixes and changes to refine the gameplay and variety.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
The first thing I am thankful for is fixes to certain broken things that the previous patch was annoying me for, but there's still unfixed stuff like stone element choice at start still giving +2 armor, lover trait not being discounted if it gets selected for a randomized preference and bunch of others, in addition to new bugs like the gallery for centaur lady being bugged. There's more bugs that I skimmed over, but it needs to be fixed.
If you haven't been, you shoudl post these in discord. I don't follow the bug channel that closely, but that's the first I've heard about the lover trait being broken, and there's probably stuff not getting reported.

though fusion focus is less punishing as a result besides not getting traits reliably.
Unless you're playing Crea, full fusion focus locks you out of reliable access to the queens quest. That's a pretty huge downside, IMO. Honestly, I can't imagine ever taking the full fusion focus over the partial right now, whereas I can definitely see taking the breeding focus.

The favored trait, which prevents the king from giving you a game over now has doubled cost, which makes defeating the king a high priority, which isn't difficult for most experienced games, but it only really makes its usage most useful during challenge ranks 10+, where it becomes a necessity due to how strong the king becomes and the fact you can only juggle the quests so much before it becomes untenable. I haven't got the new traits from achievements yet, but will talk about them later.
I'm pretty sure you unlock Favored by killing the king early (Edit: Wait, no, it's completing 10 or 15 quests early, isn't it? Same deal...), which makes it even more of an awkward one. Like, if you're experienced enough to kill the king early, then the cost/value of the trait changes. As a new player I would have loved it, but at that cost, no way in hell I'm taking it now.

Personally, I think the cost increase was a pretty bad nerf that mostly makes that trait useless.

Plus you can still really reliably lock out the breeding and combat quests, which are the only ones that are even mildly challenging. So even on challenge rank 10+, I'd still rather use those points for something more valuable.

Ascended is still nerfed(but still useful especially for non-shapeshifter due to them not scaling with percentage bonuses)as I expected, but I still think at challenge rank 20+ you should get the previous variant, as well an even stronger one at 30+, but of course, not without introducing new challenges on those to make it interesting.
How's it nerfed? I've been playing off new unlockables files, and I haven't used it in like four or five patches.

It used to be so damn OP, specially when combined with angel potential. Like, you could pretty easily get to the point where you were rolling over character stats back to 1. Accidentally turning your super unit's HP to 1 was pretty funny though.

The unique character fusion keeping their status finally makes them usable beyond early-mid game, since they often suffer from the fact you need rebirth trait that only works once per game just to make them useful for late-game, but after that, the only ones that need it are NPCs.
Yeah, that's my favorite change, if I'm being honest. So many of the uniques are suddenly usable.

imelman

May 15, 2018
Ascended was nerfed to cost 5 instead of 1 a few patches ago, and instead of giving a favor each day, it gives one every 2 days, severely slowing down its power and versatility, and while it is still good on its own, it becomes contested with either more pricey but really powerful options like God, or same cost but long term gain like tamer, though this is from experience on games that don't really last long and meant to be finished as soon as possible. On longer games it is still good as it is for being flexible with options, just nowhere as powerful as it was due to previous low cost and high power.

Yes, I am not against its nerf considering I knew it would get one sooner or later, but I feel you should be able to get the previous variant(and possibly a stronger one)for higher challenge ranks, as their challenge becomes more and more tense compared to 10 ranks themselves. Yes, it involves plenty of trait and starter manipulation due to buffs they get as a result, but rank 30 is the best I could go, besides more insane types playing for higher than I can handle before getting frustrated. Like, it can be done, and I did to 32 I think, but I don't want to because personal stuff but also no reward beyond that at the moment.

Oh and update; the trait you get from winning without either focuses is one that outright prevents both, for 5 extra points which stacks with 1 farm focus for a total of 10 at cost of fact you have to rely on unique characters, tavern recruits and overworld characters...While doubling their stamina gain and allowing you to empower their levels, but considering the fact you cannot improve their genes without using special items, let alone being able to have a consistent supply of characters for quests and so on, and making any trait/skill related to farm focuses useless. Yes, you can still summon characters and spirits and upgrade them, just can't fuse or breed. I can only think of what characters will be least affected by this and benefit from stamina/empower bonus, and I think spirits can be empowered as well, but their genetics won't improve alongside taking plenty of stamina, so you have to do it normally anyways.

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
How are the sex scenes now? I see the rape tag, what is the rape in this game?
This is a tactical/strategy game with an optional/additional dating and event system. The combat can include seduction of many types, including what most would consider rape; as far as I remember in-combat rape is the only version.

Drenkor

Oct 22, 2019
Very interesting game, though there are a lot of stuff noy obvious from the first run, bat i suppose i will figere it out eventually. Can smb tell if it is possible to get description of selected tiles in a battle?

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
From memory (will do a new run soon, though), the effect a tile has and its movement penalties depend on the type of creature that's on it. In general, water, ice and slime give similar debuffs, grass, dirt and stone give nothing, darkness gives a curse and lava gives burning. You can hove on your unit/or enemy's buffs and debuffs icons to see the actual effect (soaked lowering armor, for example, burn doing damage every round). Some interractions are also pretty intuitive, like casting an area water spell on lava will solidify it into stone and soaking someone with a burn debuff will extinguish said debuff.

Drenkor

Oct 22, 2019
From memory (will do a new run soon, though), the effect a tile has and its movement penalties depend on the type of creature that's on it. In general, water, ice and slime give similar debuffs, grass, dirt and stone give nothing, darkness gives a curse and lava gives burning. You can hove on your unit/or enemy's buffs and debuffs icons to see the actual effect (soaked lowering armor, for example, burn doing damage every round). Some interractions are also pretty intuitive, like casting an area water spell on lava will solidify it into stone and soaking someone with a burn debuff will extinguish said debuff.
i found descriptions of special tiles in *?* icon in battle, but its still not very convenient that i cant tell for sure which tile is which, for example i see dark tile and i can't tell for sure what kind of tile it is, maybe its stone or shadow dunno.

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
i found descriptions of special tiles in *?* icon in battle, but its still not very convenient that i cant tell for sure which tile is which, for example i see dark tile and i can't tell for sure what kind of tile it is, maybe its stone or shadow dunno.
Stone is gray, shadow is black, for example. And yeah, it's something you'll need to figure out yourself... then find the weird biomes and terrain and do it all over for those.

Drenkor

Oct 22, 2019
Stone is gray, shadow is black, for example. And yeah, it's something you'll need to figure out yourself... then find the weird biomes and terrain and do it all over for those.
ye, hope proper descriptions will come one day.

Drenkor

Oct 22, 2019
btw, do u know what exactly slime tiles do for creation?

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
btw, do u know what exactly slime tiles do for creation?
Slime tiles combo with Creation's powers. It lets some spells create tentacles (slime bolt) when targeting an empty tile, and is also the synergy element for Tanids in general, with slime spreading, consuming it for heals, and bulbs.
Also affects overworld movement in portals.

Drenkor

Oct 22, 2019
Slime tiles combo with Creation's powers. It lets some spells create tentacles (slime bolt) when targeting an empty tile, and is also the synergy element for Tanids in general, with slime spreading, consuming it for heals, and bulbs.
Also affects overworld movement in portals.
thx, and can u tell if it is possible to change creation's skills?

Drenkor

Oct 22, 2019
You should be able to choose the 4 skills among all unlocked in your character sheet tab when at home. Just click on the skill.
Got it thanks. Also do u know how exactly lava girl works, it seems she can ignite herself and become stronger that way, she has passive which increase her burn every turn, but it doesn't happen for some reason, or it works somehow different?

Settum

Jan 10, 2019
Got it thanks. Also do u know how exactly lava girl works, it seems she can ignite herself and become stronger that way, she has passive which increase her burn every turn, but it doesn't happen for some reason, or it works somehow different?
Don't quote me on this cause the real answer is "I don't remember", but from what I do remember, monster girls have a type, when on their tile, they become stronger. They should also be immune to burn and downsides of standing on lava, but as said, don't quote me on it.

Merfolk do get to double attack when in water, for example.

4.10 star(s) 83 Votes