Post process or not post process in this particular way?

AllNatural939

I am the bad guy?
Game Developer
Apr 3, 2024
Hi !!!
Let's see if this works out something...
I posted the topic on my Patreon and there are no comments (logical, there are still few). I posted the topic on the Developers forum and I'm not getting much from there either, so to speak.
Maybe you can help me...
The issue is very simple. I need numbers. I'd like to know which image style you would choose between only 2 different types. The first, an image with almost no post-processing, the second, the same image retouched.
I'm going to put only 2 samples so as not to overwhelm you and the only thing I need is to know if you prefer the first image or the second, in both samples...
Why do I need that? I need to know the tastes of most people. My opinion on the subject is useless, because I am only ONE PERSON and just one person is not useful for statistical data that allows me to give me an idea to decide if it's convenient to change one style for another or not.

d1_439_emmamc.jpg
d1_439_emmamctest.jpg

d1_673_cuatro.jpg
d1_673_cuatrotest.jpg

Thank you in advance.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Yes but make it better.
I am not sure what you are doing wrong and how to fix it but check some tutorials for photoshop on tonemapping or something.

Reactions: AllNatural939

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Yes but make it better.
I am not sure what you are doing wrong and how to fix it but check some tutorials for photoshop on tonemapping or something.
This, sorta.

The highlights in your originals look too blue for my taste, unless you were going for a cloudy day. But the colours in your edits look flat, like you tried to give it a light sepia effect. Just look how much green was lost in the grass and leaves.

Inkshade

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2024
I like the warmer tone on the skin of the post processed renders more, but i hate how it just overwhelmed the back ground and bleach all the greens away.
I'd suggest you try messing around with the "environment tint" option in the environment tab. Yellow tint in the morning, red-ish tint in the afternoon and blue tint at night is the gist of it. Ofc this would mostly just work on scenes with primarily sunlight or moonlight. But know how to combine the tint with a few custom ghost lights would save quite some time on post.
I personally strive to be able to do everything that i possibly can in Daz... fuck post processing and fuck adobe :BootyTime:

Reactions: DuniX

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
You're onto something, i'd say limiting it only to characters would be good.
But then again, in that case, there's probably a better method to produce the same effect. :whistle::coffee:

Gunjira

Aug 10, 2024
aaaah the mexico filter.

Have you tried cutting out the characters and just post process the background ? it should be subtle or the effect would be super distracting but you could make the background "cold" and the characters "warm" they would pop out a lot more, the whole picture would be more readable.

• Haha

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
it depends on what you're going for and what your UI is like. there is no objective 'right' answer.

decide on a look you like, one that fits whatever your story is. then you do that.

and for god's sake do not poll shit like this. your audience doesn't know shit about this, and the average of that is even worse.

AllNatural939

I am the bad guy?
Game Developer
Apr 3, 2024
This, sorta.

The highlights in your originals look too blue for my taste, unless you were going for a cloudy day...
The first (original) images have no post-processing...
Otherwise, I already know what I'm going to do. I'm going to lower the filter quite a bit and only do something similar to the second images on special occasions like sunsets or some action scenes.