Posting a game on Steam?

UnagiGames

Oct 25, 2020
I am making a game that I want to post on Steam. I have a few questions:

• Is tentacle and furry content allowed? I have one tentacle and furry (werewolf( scene.
  • I know that you need to send a copy or your ID and bank details to Steam. Understandable and not a problem. However, would people who play the game be able to identify my real name? That's not something I want in this branch of game development
Thank you for reading through my post.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Well, games exist, and games exist, so I don't see the issue there.

And no, unless you put your real name somewhere in the game itself people will not have access to your personal information nor will steam share it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah, tentacle/furry games are fine on Steam (within reason; beastiality is not. As somone said, if the pussy ain't human, it ain't allowed).

Do be aware that Steam is stricter on copyright than Patreon, so... no HS/HS2/KS art, no un-licensed music/images/artwork.

The other thing is that Steam has a zero tolerance policy towards underage content. Yes, that includes your boobless-and-naive-but-totally-18-I-swear schoolgirl, your 4000 year old loli vampire, and the highschool where the juniors, freshmen and seniors are all exactly 18. They *will* give you a lifetime ban if you try to play around the edges of this. This includes stuff like age-sliders ("You see your *ward*. She is [how old]?).

Keep those two rules in mind, and you should be fine.

UnagiGames

Oct 25, 2020
Okay, then I have nothing to worry about. I have drawn the graphics myself, and the characters are all well above the age of 18. And if Steam really doesn't show my real name, I think it's a great opportunity to get some followers.

Reactions: Droid Productions