Posting information about a game that is currently Patreon-only?

scarlettyoung

Please read my profile post :)
Game Developer
May 29, 2019
I spent some time looking through the different sub-forums, but I'm still unsure about this. Is there a forum dedicated to games which do not currently have public releases but are for Patreon supporters only? Can one list information about a game without providing the game itself, or is a copy of the game required to be listed? Thank you for your help.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
flawed logic there you don't get patrons, if nobody is playing your game
you put the game out there first so people get a taste
once the player gets hooked, then they go looking for more product

Reactions: Back and DawnCry

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
As polywog said... it's illogical to do that unless something of the following happens:

-It isn't your first game
-You are collaborating with people that did a game before.

In those cases there is already a reputation, but even so you would always need a demo to catch more people.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
You can make a thread in general if the game is not released, in req if it's released and waiting for upload of it goes in games if we have any version to share.

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
You can make a thread in general if the game is not released, in req if it's released and waiting for upload of it goes in games if we have any version to share.
Oh, okay. Perfect! Thank you for your help!

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
So, it's 9 months later and I've got a small fanbase, monthly support, and tons of new features. I would like to start offering a slightly delayed version of Kronos Time Titan here to those people who want to play by cannot afford to pitch in. However, I prefer spending my time working on the game rather than uploading copies here. Would you recommend I look for someone to assist me with this? I don't mind sharing the game, even though I'm trying to use it to pay for food so I can continue to work on it, but I think active financial supporters deserve to have the latest updates and bonus features.

I appreciate any suggestions.

scarlettyoung

Game Developer
May 29, 2019
What kind game? 2D? 3D? Renpy, RPGM, Unity?
Turn based, Strategy (sort of D&D-type grid battles with hex overworld map), with 3DCG scenes and semi-VN dialogue. A mix of a lot of stuff because it's written from scratch (not Renpy, RPGM, etc).

It's at the point where most of the game mechanics are programmed and I can start ramping up the content.