potential game concept

May 20, 2022
First of all let me apologize now if this is in the wrong place and has been brought up before.

Every one has heard of the story (insert god or goddess name here) summons a great hero to defeat some big baddie. said hero gathers companions, goes on what becomes a several years long adventure and achieves greatness......but what if said hero didn't exactly achieve the goals in mind and while yes said hero defeated the big bad the god/goddess fell from grace and vanished? what if said hero had a family and 100s of years later said god or goddess returns and do to their connection to the hero's line activates abilities in the hero's descendant (M/F or whatever) will this new hero rise to greatness and bring the god/goddess back into the light or shall this new hero instead slowly succumb and become the next demon lord in service to this now corrupted god/goddess

fyl3toys

Dec 24, 2021
Why wouldn't the god or goddess just pick a new person if the 1st didn't work out?

If the point is will he or wont he be corrupted why skip to a next generation of hero?

May 20, 2022
the god/goddess fell from grace and was corrupted by it do to the fact of their connection to the original hero's line they are trying to ruin the hero's legacy but the descendant can either fight the influence or succumb

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
there's many, many, MANY stories where a specific bloodline or an organization is responsible for fighting a specific reoccurring evil. like almost all of them.

Noah Neim

Formerly 'Ogrexin'
Nov 25, 2020
There needs to be a lot of stuff worked out for this to work
Like it's incredibly generic, in the sense of "will you fight? Or succumb to corruption" unless the game has very good art or gameplay, the story will definitely bring it down

Anyone that's called a 'god' can't just fall from grace randomly, you can make it so that the original premise is that the 1st hero failed, ad the big bad corruppted the goddess.
The shamed hero returns, wallows in regret, and dies pathethically, but, his liniage continues on, and in a now, very dark and dangerous world where the big bad controls everything, the hero's descendant seeks to end it once and for all
Slightly less generic i'll admit, but it's just shows that there's alot more that you can do with that premise

May 20, 2022
There needs to be a lot of stuff worked out for this to work
Like it's incredibly generic, in the sense of "will you fight? Or succumb to corruption" unless the game has very good art or gameplay, the story will definitely bring it down

Anyone that's called a 'god' can't just fall from grace randomly, you can make it so that the original premise is that the 1st hero failed, ad the big bad corruppted the goddess.
The shamed hero returns, wallows in regret, and dies pathethically, but, his liniage continues on, and in a now, very dark and dangerous world where the big bad controls everything, the hero's descendant seeks to end it once and for all
Slightly less generic i'll admit, but it's just shows that there's alot more that you can do with that premise
I definitely get where you are coming from, and i will never say that I excel at being discriptive. but you essentially got the idea i was going for save for that the hero dies in the end... the several generations removed decendant is such due to the grand-parent of future decendant was essentially a "bastard"