POV vs Side View

DoctorPervic

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Hi, I'm interested in viewpoints on what people like when playing an adult game.

Do you like POV or Point Of View

or

Do you like View From Side, like you can see both characters fucking.

All opinions welcome.

Thanks

Reactions: Namco15

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Hi, I'm interested in viewpoints on what people like when playing an adult game.

or

All opinions welcome.

Thanks
It's all "point of view" the important thing is who's point of view.
you can have first person perspective from the player's eyes
or you can have cuck perspective from the side
or you can have her perspective -what she sees
or you can have the surveillance cam voyeur perspective
or remote controlled flying drone perspective

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I'd prefer at least some third person view angles, POV in conversation and in general use is fine mostly, though the "beauty shots" that some games have are wasted in 1st person view at times. Sex scenes however are best IMO if they mix both 1st and 3rd person views, it really depends what you are trying to show, POV for something like blowjobs with eye contact are great, POV is less great for things like reverse cowgirl, especially if the scene isn't animated and is all stills, the lack of jiggle is always a pity in that case, whereas a good side view gives far more inferred motion because you can see the posture of both bodies more, which makes it far more engaging but that is just my take.

Basically mix and match to give the best view you can, don't feel like you have to stick to one or the other, go for what gives the best shots, especially if the scenes aren't fully animated.

Reactions: Namco15

BossFloof

Nitro Girlz: Paradise Creator
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2019
Personally there's no preference, I think it depends mostly on the type of game and if it fits the style of narration.

We're currently going with a third person option, although our male protagonist is basically just a body-less dick, hands and mouth, depending on the current action. This way you might be able to just immerse yourself better into the action. A POV mode is also planned but we want you to freely move between the best viewpoints.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
First Person all the way, because most MCs look bad or are just not what I want to play as. DMD does it exactly how I like it.

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018

or

All opinions welcome.

Thanks
Why not from every angle? After all, there are plenty of devs who use HS assets for example and anyone who has played HS knows that there is so many different ways to see the action. IMO there is no need to limit it to just 2 types of views.