VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Power Corrupts [v0.04.0] [Double Prolix]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.04.0...

Originally Reviewed on 12/17/2017

Ok, i was able to play this one finally... So far there is only the introduction to this VN/Game, but it is early into development...

The visuals are thus far 2D and try to look more comic, in feel... Reminds me more of the comics you find wrapped around Bazooka bubble gum, as they are a bit grainy... But I think for the time being, it is the look the author/s are going for... They almost look like real photos that were modified to be more comic like, but since you are basically a meta-human in this VN/Game, the visuals are befitting of a more comic like presentation... For the moment, I'm not sure if they are place holder visuals, or if they are truly what the author/s are going to keep going with?

The script is short, but gets all the introduction points across really well... Based off the discussions between the protagonist and the counselor there is a lot of room for some very creative story telling and possible game play... Because you basically get to choose how your day plays out during each part of a game day, it does give off a more game like vibe over being a visual novel... As this style tends to lean more towards story only appearing through game play... Have to wait and see... I do like the fact that you get to create your character how you want it, by selecting the power, male/female preference, and choice to be a student or an office worker... And I did see those choices making a difference in character interaction as well as dialogue/monologue...

Even though not fully implemented yet, there will be a money system, training you can purchase, items to purchase, and lots of other stuff... All of which seem as though they will make a difference in your playing experience, once fully implemented...

Overall, the visuals are not what I'ld prefer, even though they are befitting of a more comic book feel... The visual style is a bit different from the norm, as the imagery is askew and not as detailed as I'm used to... But every piece of art is always subject to interpretation... The story is an interesting one and looks like it could be a ton of fun... Only time will tell, since the development is in it's very early stages, and not all the basic gameplay mechanics are completed either... I was hoping for a more Visual Novel style before I loaded this one up, but it is leaning more towards a story driven game, with story scenes and elements presented via actual game play... Also, for the moment, there is nothing erotic or adult in either the visuals or story so far, but that isn't saying much since it's so early in it's creation process... I'll re-visit this one at a later date, once it's a bit further into it's development, as it shows A LOT of promise...

UPDATE - According to author, most of the current visuals are placeholders...