• Third omniscient ( everything )

• Other( would you care to explain )

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wixxx63

Jul 24, 2017
Which point of view do you prefer in a tame;
First: where you dont see the heros face

Third Limited : where you only see what is around the hero

Third omniscient : Where you can all see dialogue where the hero is not involved

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
I like third omniscient, showing the MC's face while there's no sex. During sex scenes, third person still, but don't show MC's face.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
I like first person for most of the story and a mix of first and third person during sex scenes.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
It totally depend of the story and the scene.

Some stories need to show you more than the MC know ; in order to keep the story consistent, or as hint for the player. But it doesn't mean that the whole game have to be in third person because of that.
And a first person POV can perfectly pass to an "over shoulder"-like camera some times, in order to provide a better understanding of the scene. If the MC start to grind against a character ass, or to grope her/him, a pure first person POV would need to either make the MC look to what (s)he's doing, what would be weird, or have use of internal thoughts to explain what is happening. Or you can just slightly move the camera and let the player see it happening.

As for MC's face, personally it don't bother me this much to see it. But being almost 50yo, and also liking to sometimes play as a female MC, I already have to effectively project myself into the MC. What explain that his face not looking at all like mine isn't something that would break my possible immersion ; the MC is already not near to the real me.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
omniscient has no place in a GAME, but in a kinetic novel or comparable VN it works just fine. a player should never know the solutions for the problems he's supposed to solve, where as a passive audience is only limited by what they should know about the story. which sometimes might be jumpcuts to other places/times to scenes that completely change the context of the 'current' scene.

first person is always just hideous. looks like shit, plays out like shit, is shit. the only exclusion is when it's used as a temporary effect to show you're telepathically or due to body swap inside another person's body. but even there it requires the contrast of being in 3rd person when you're in your own body, or it loses its purpose as a separator of those two states.

Reactions: SkyRebel

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
3rd person but still not showing MC's face as you would be able to create your own MC from imagination, but a face is fine

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I prefer mostly third person, but it's fine to mix all of them in. I generally prefer a 3rd person camera in almost all scenes. An occasional switch to 1st person is fine if it makes sense, for instance a blowjob scene or something. Scenes where you need to see what's happening between characters when the main character is not present also make sense to have sometimes.

I think a big problem with a game that is mostly, or even entirely shown from a 1st person perspective is that it kind of only makes sense if you as a player are imagining yourself as that main character. If you're not, then it's kind of forcing you to do so whether you want to or not.

An RPG is an example of a game where I think 1st person perspective works better because you can customize the character however you want, so it's more likely for you to be able to imagine yourself as that character. I almost always prefer 1st person perspective in an RPG, even if you can choose 3rd person as an option.