Presentation / Creation of slime possession games

Desaito

Aug 7, 2019
Hi! I'm here to make my first post to inform you that I'm going to start the creation of a universe with an isekai theme of a man reincarnating in slime with as main game mechanic, the possession in sandbox format.

I don't have much interest to post at the moment, except to see if there is an audience and also to start making posts on the forum other than just to publish a game if I finish one day

Currently, I have established a beginning for my project, the general idea, a beginning of story, but I still don't have an engine.
I'm interested in 2D or 3D but I don't have the level in the visual aspect yet.
So I think first of all like many, build a first story as I could present under a short game with a little bit of image (under HTML for example).

About the tags of my future creations, I imagine [Possession] [Sleeping] [Mind control] [Monster] [Sandbox] [Adventure] [Rape] [Internal view] and the rest will depend on the games
For my inspirations:
- [Anime] Tensei shitara Slime datta ken
- [Game] Non Monstrum
- [Artist] The work of DATE, John K. Pe-ta, Purewatera and many others
- [Hentai] Onna Heishi Tainai Shinshoku, Onna Yuusha no Otouto, Hajimete no Senka

I take this opportunity to introduce myself, my name is Desaito, French with an average level in English, so I'll use DeepL to translate !
If you have any questions, don't hesitate !

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Hey Desaito, welcome!

I really like this idea! I'm definitely interested!

For a game engine, I'd recommend using RPGMaker MV or MZ. Unless, of course, you can go all out with Unity. HTML games are too much of a turn off. I never play HTML games because they feel too low effort and are not engaging enough. RPGMaker isn't that much more effort but will be much more fun to play in, even if it's just a demo.

For reference, I had been working on a possession game of my own with MV3D. However, I do not have skills as an artist nor do I have much free time, so stopped developing my own project. I'm hoping you will go forward with yours though!
I have about 20 hours of messing with MV3D with a decent looking game with the ability to possess characters (with little story and no art):
1680655708296.png
I'm sure you can do better than what I have here if you are serious about it.

If you decide to go forward with your game concept, I can provide, some, albeit limited, support for MV. Even though I am a total noob, I can still give some tips on what I've learned from my process. I can also provide info on how I specifically implemented the possession feature in my game. This may help make your game development process easier should you decide to proceed with MV3D.

Also, your game sounds a bit similar to , and I really liked that game, so I would enjoy your game as well! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mjsok and Desaito

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I would strongly suggest to run yourself through a quick English course before even bothering to release.
It's not a difficult language, one can grasp it in 1-3 months and it will go a long way for you. :whistle::coffee:

Desaito

Aug 7, 2019
Hey Desaito, welcome!

For a game engine, I'd recommend using RPGMaker MV or MZ. Unless, of course, you can go all out with Unity. HTML games are too much of a turn off. I never play HTML games because they feel too low effort and are not engaging enough. RPGMaker isn't that much more effort but will be much more fun to play in, even if it's just a demo. It's not too difficult to get 3D setup either.

For reference, I had been working on a possession game of my own with MV3D. However, I do not have skills as an artist nor do I have much free time, so stopped developing my own project. I'm hoping you will go forward with yours though!
I have about 20 hours of messing with MV3D with a decent looking game with the ability to possess characters (with little story and no art):
View attachment 2521472 View attachment 2521504

If you decide to go forward with your game concept, I can provide, some, albeit limited, support for MV. Even though I am a total noob, I can still give some tips on what I've learned from my process. I can also provide info on how I specifically implemented the possession feature in my game. This may help make your game development process easier should you decide to proceed with MV3D.

Also, your game sounds a bit similar to , and I really liked that game, so I would enjoy your game as well! :)
I'm currently on standby for personnal reason but i will check MV3D, RPGMaker MV and MZ even if i don't really have art skill !
I was trying Twine but i'm really not a writer <.< And Unity was for 3D purpose but i don't have the skill or anything for 3D modeling.
I have a lot of idea and i tried some thing but it's a mess

Well, thank you for your advice, and your reference, it's really motivating :)

If you want to talk about it, i'm open about it !

Reactions: Velzies

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Ah, I see! For sure, do try out RPG Maker when you're available again.

From my own experience in playing possession games, you will need a very interesting story to keep a player invested in a game if it's in a visual novel format (assuming that's what you mean by Twine), although, that might not be true for everyone.

I've decided to continue working on my possession game! I cracked out 40 more hours working on it over the last few days without much sleep, hahahhaha. Finally have a somewhat functional game. I'll probably release a demo or early-access version once the game is in a playable state. :)

Last edited:

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018
Interesting, good luck with that.
If you need tools to create assets, Koikatsu or Honey Select 2 are also good options, imo, as you can make some really nice stuff with them.

markinzzz

Apr 4, 2018
Hey Desaito, welcome!

For a game engine, I'd recommend using RPGMaker MV or MZ. Unless, of course, you can go all out with Unity. HTML games are too much of a turn off. I never play HTML games because they feel too low effort and are not engaging enough. RPGMaker isn't that much more effort but will be much more fun to play in, even if it's just a demo. It's not too difficult to get 3D setup either.

View attachment 2521472 View attachment 2521504

Can you DM me your project? I want to use something for inspiration and scripts examples of possession

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Can you DM me your project? I want to use something for inspiration and scripts examples of possession
I won't be able to give you my project files as the game itself is already in its development with hundreds of hours of work sunked into it. It's called "Najima Island", and is currently in development. It is playable, and I'd say it's 1/3 way done. Please feel free to play it for inspiration.

I can however, provide you with examples on how to do the "possession" in RPGM in terms of scripts. Simply add each possessable character as an actor, and add/remove them to your party when you possess them. Make sure to remove the original body (ie actor#1) when you possess another character.

To do possession:
1685237204516.png
Essentially, make an event with the character you want to possess. In the event editor, add the character to party and remove the original body from the party. If you want to control multiple characters at once, just use the $gameParty.swapOrder(0, $gameParty.members().length -1) script to make the newly added body as the "main".
Add a self switch to the event to hide the possessable character event after possession occurs.

To release a possession:
1685237280911.png
remove that character from the party and add the original "body" to the party.
If multiple characters are being controlled, you can use this following script to add the original body (actor#1) back when party size drops to 0; this script will also remove the main body if you have possessable actor as the party leader.
Code:
var youActorId = 1;

if ($gameParty.size() >= 2 && $gameParty.members().includes($gameActors.actor(youActorId)) && $gameParty.leader().actorId() !== youActorId) {
    $gameParty.removeActor(youActorId);
} else if ($gameParty.size() <= 0 && !$gameParty.members().includes($gameActors.actor(youActorId))) {
    $gameParty.addActor(youActorId);
    $gameParty.swapOrder(0, $gameParty.members().length - 1);
}

Last edited:

markinzzz

Apr 4, 2018
I won't be able to give you my project files as the game itself is already in its development with hundreds of hours of work sunked into it. It's called "Najima Island", and is currently in development. It is playable, and I'd say it's 1/3 way done. Please feel free to play it for inspiration.

I can however, provide you with examples on how to do the "possession" in RPGM in terms of scripts. Simply add each possessable character as an actor, and add/remove them to your party when you possess them. Make sure to remove the original body (ie actor#1) when you possess another character.

To do possession:
View attachment 2655255
Essentially, make an event with the character you want to possess. In the event editor, add the character to party and remove the original body from the party. If you want to control multiple characters at once, just use the $gameParty.swapOrder(0, $gameParty.members().length -1) script to make the newly added body as the "main".
Add a self switch to the event to hide the possessable character event after possession occurs.

To release a possession:
View attachment 2655257
remove that character from the party and add the original "body" to the party.
If multiple characters are being controlled, you can use this following script to add the original body (actor#1) back when party size drops to 0; this script will also remove the main body if you have possessable actor as the party leader.
Code:
var youActorId = 1;

if ($gameParty.size() >= 2 && $gameParty.members().includes($gameActors.actor(youActorId)) && $gameParty.leader().actorId() !== youActorId) {
    $gameParty.removeActor(youActorId);
} else if ($gameParty.size() <= 0 && !$gameParty.members().includes($gameActors.actor(youActorId))) {
    $gameParty.addActor(youActorId);
    $gameParty.swapOrder(0, $gameParty.members().length - 1);
}
Alright,thanks a lot for advices

namrpea

May 4, 2023
Hi! I'm here to make my first post to inform you that I'm going to start the creation of a universe with an isekai theme of a man reincarnating in slime with as main game mechanic, the possession in sandbox format.

I don't have much interest to post at the moment, except to see if there is an audience and also to start making posts on the forum other than just to publish a game if I finish one day

Currently, I have established a beginning for my project, the general idea, a beginning of story, but I still don't have an engine.
I'm interested in 2D or 3D but I don't have the level in the visual aspect yet.
So I think first of all like many, build a first story as I could present under a short game with a little bit of image (under HTML for example).

About the tags of my future creations, I imagine [Possession] [Sleeping] [Mind control] [Monster] [Sandbox] [Adventure] [Rape] [Internal view] and the rest will depend on the games
For my inspirations:
- [Anime] Tensei shitara Slime datta ken
- [Game] Non Monstrum
- [Artist] The work of DATE, John K. Pe-ta, Purewatera and many others
- [Hentai] Onna Heishi Tainai Shinshoku, Onna Yuusha no Otouto, Hajimete no Senka

I take this opportunity to introduce myself, my name is Desaito, French with an average level in English, so I'll use DeepL to translate !
If you have any questions, don't hesitate !
Is this game still in development or cancelled?

Desaito

Aug 7, 2019
I try to work on it sometimes but i'm not a writer or a artist so i'm not inspired often, so it's not even on development, i really want to create this game but i don't have good idea or talent for it right now :/

Reactions: Effie1021 and RiwTa

Effie1021

Dec 8, 2022
I try to work on it sometimes but i'm not a writer or a artist so i'm not inspired often, so it's not even on development, i really want to create this game but i don't have good idea or talent for it right now :/
I've always liked possession stuffs and I'm interested in your game idea
Plus after playing Velzies's game, I've got a urge to make one myself

I went and got a RPG maker MV on steam, and spent a couple hours watching tutorials just yesterday
But I don't have a story so I can't really start working on a game

I can somewhat draw (hobbyist) and I can do a bit programming
(In case you're wondering, my pfp is ai generated, not drawn by me)

I'm thinking maybe we could collaborate and work on it together (y)

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
I would love to see more possession games. I may be of some help here if anyone wants to go forward with a RPGM game.

I have a barebones RPG MZ project lying around that has the possession mechanic programmed in along with select-able character expressions and outfit. Was messing around with MZ when I was still doing Najima Island.

I don't have any intentions of developing a game out of it though, so if you guys are interested, I can clean the project files up and post it here. At the very least, it should be useful to look at from a developer's perspective.

Last edited:

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Okay, here it is - a possession demo project (not a developed game, just a bare-bones project) in RPGM MZ.

My inability to make decent h-scenes aside, I do have a decent grasp of RPGM now, so my demo project may be useful for others who are interested in making a possession games.

Here's the download link to the demo project files:

Screenshots:

HanaTalk.PNG NaoStrip.PNG AyumiTalk.PNG MikoEnd.PNG

Feel free to use this as a base, as long as proper credits are given where due. Just don't do anything illegal with it.

Last edited:

Megallllino

Apr 18, 2020
Okay, here it is - a possession demo project (not a developed game, just a bare-bones project) in RPGM MZ.

My inability to make decent h-scenes aside, I do have a decent grasp of RPGM now, so my demo project may be useful for others who are interested in making a possession games.

Here's the download link to the demo project files:

Screenshots:

View attachment 3227991 View attachment 3227994 View attachment 3227995 View attachment 3227996

Feel free to use this as a base, as long as proper credits are given where due. Just don't do anything illegal with it.
didn't know you did this ill try it when i get home 0w0

Reactions: Evos Haruka