Presentation, project B.E.S.T

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Hi zoners, here's Dolyla.

Presentation :

This is my first post here and i hope i will make a good first impression ^^
Me and my husband read messages, play games and pass their time on this website reading theories and dramas since more than a year and that's a shame we do not interact with some of you since the beginning cause you make us laughing a lot and/or create some topics of discussions about how to develop a game, why there are games which can be abandoned....

We are french so if i make some mistakes in english i'm truly sorry but that's not my main language.
We are a couple since 11 years now and we have 2 beautiful kids.
I was a gymnast when i was young and i was a hairdresser until now but i have some injuries at my shoulders, due to that sport and that job, that requires some surgeries and i will not can cut the hairs anymore....
My man was a director of a shop but some cardiacs insufisance need him to rest and stay at home for the moment.
Not good for a situation but not so bad ass it seems cause now we have time : to stay with our children, to stay together, and to pass our time on this website ....

This was for the presentation :)

Our Project :

Now this is our project ! I hope you will like it and comment it a lot cause it's a long time project since we begun playing VN's like acting lessons and Leap of Faith.

We would like to develop from scratch a VN like Badik, A.O.A ( RIP .... ) with a visual quality near of these productions with some sexy times.
My husband will learn how to use Daz3d and renpy, he have some knowledge in cinematics and 3D cause was using 3dsmax and Maya...
and he have some knowledge in coding ( python / php... ).
For my part i will do the script work, dialogues and the "marketing" part like social medias etc...
We will do the game fully in english so i may improve my english to make not so academic dialogues...

Here is my question for some developers :

When did you create the pages on your social media ?
( When your project is playable ? when it was just a script ? When you had the ideas and the support you need around you ? )
And we understand now what a Patron is... it's not common in France to support someone... maybe it begin to appears since twitch and the cofinment...
so when do you think it is the most appropriate to put on ? as a support for the project or after the first release ? we do not know the real impact these websites have on a production like this...
WHat is, for you, the minimum requirement in hardware ?
We have at home a Pc with an i7 6600 and a 2070 super with 32 GB of Ram.... it's good for streaming but is it enough to begin the project ? Then maybe update it or buy a new workstation ?

I think i write too much and you dont know yet what this game will be about ....

sooooo : The Game :)

MC is 19 years old, above average in sports, he plays soccer since he's 6 years old in his little club of his little town in France but it don't bother him cause he focus on his study and his friends.
This year he enters University in Languages related to Economy and Marketing.
He will participate in a student program which leads him to USA to upgrade his english and make contacts with big companies.

After a travel by plane where he will encounter a new friend, meet an unknown girl and finish in a taxi with someone very popular... he will arrive at the academy.

This academy is known as an Elite Maker.

He will begin to study but quicly the trainer of the soccer team of the academy, who plays in NCAA, National Collegiate Athletic Association, whill remark him and ask him to plays in the team.
As a player in this team he will obtain a study grant.

So he will train and evolve at soccer through the academy, create linkd with some teammates and discover the american way of life and how to party in this country.

But the academy don't only have a masculine team of soccer.

The feminine one is the most influencial of all the country with some stars and some of the girls will play in the National team...
He will meet the girls, some touchy, some not, some friendly.... and maybe will fall in love ?

What will he choose to focus ? Studies ? Soccer ? Friends ? Girls ?

That's your decisions which will decide his fate...

That's all for the first presentation ... i think i told you so much but it was pretty exciting to talk about it so ....
Do you like it ? Comment it ... do not hesitate ! we clearly dont take bad things even it's critics !

For the Gamers some questions around it :

For us it does not matter so much but do you think it needs some functions to be pleasant to play ? like free roams during events like Badik ? a map like Timestamp where you choose next event you want to go ? Do the player must have some RPG functionnality like some points of caracteristic to be spend to have some new ability ? Or maybe an orientation of the MC between sports and friends which change the game after the choices of the player ( like Dik or chick principle ) ....We are really not sure about if it must be directed or just assist the player...

Okey time to finish this thread ... too long !!!!!

Just last question for you Zoners !!!!!

To reward you for our time spent here we would like you to name the academy !
So which name do you have for a new academy opening this next september with the new Junior Soccer Team and their Feminine Team ?

I hope you will have some crazy and good ideas and find between you all the best name for the best place to be in America at the next Promotion :)

Thank you for reading this.

See you next time to make the first real post on our project.

Dolyla...

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2022
For us it does not matter so much but do you think it needs some functions to be pleasant to play ? like free roams during events like Badik ? a map like Timestamp where you choose next event you want to go ? Do the player must have some RPG functionnality like some points of caracteristic to be spend to have some new ability ? Or maybe an orientation of the MC between sports and friends which change the game after the choices of the player ( like Dik or chick principle ) ....We are really not sure about if it must be directed or just assist the player...
Sounds like a sandbox gameplay would serve this best.
You could for example have a stat that is his soccor skill to level up.
That he would need to advance the story.
And if he fails to many "exames" he get kicked out.
A sort of risk vs reward management.
With the risk is to be expelled if he fails too much or get caught doing something forbidden.
You can also allow for an evil path where he cheats.
Meaby he convince's one of the girls to sleep with the other teams star player making them to tired to play well next match.
or meaby he sleeps his way into not getting expelled.
There are plenty of ways to do it and make it feel like a challange while letting the player win.
A big challange of game design is proper difficulty.
To hard and it is a grindfest.
To easy and it is boring.

So which name do you have for a new academy opening this next september with the new Junior Soccer Team and the new hopes of gymnastic ?
Rockhard Academic's.

Reactions: Dolyla

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
That's one way we already have thought about :) Yes he can fail, yes he can maybe win the cup and yes he will have choices to pass through some exams or other things by doing some crazy stuff and have some decisions to take :) but i like the idea of evil path !!!! Could make so much fun actions :) thk you malaficus !

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
Why would anyone go to the USA to play soccer and from France of all places? Isn't France like one of the top soccer countries that won world cup multiple times? It doesn't make sense. Better origin would be if he couldn't make it in France due to high competition or some setup and had to leave for less prominent country to have a chance at career. That happens all the time irl and such a story has way more potential hooks for drama as a bonus.

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
hi haksaw ! good question and i dont want to spoil all the prologue but i can say to you that there is 8 training center in the world where Mc could apply but he failed at something and cannot choose France. Due to the presence of his Idol of Soccer in USA as a retired trainer he will choose this. And the principle argument for the gameplay and the story is the total change of way of life between these countries that will made him rise and shine... or not... in soccer and rethink what life is with all frienships, love and stories around the academy. But MC is one of the new star for the French National Team so it is related to the French history too :)

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
the basic ideas look promising, seeing as he's going to america and he's very popular there, i'd have meetings with the girls in women's soccer. maybe I would give a "cheater" path that our protagonist can play in a women's league, and some locker room scenes with his teammates who don't know that he's actually a boy and they run free naked etc etc... then maybe he's 'falls in love and has to fight with the fact that they don't know that it's not really a girl... other ideas I would also include the possibility of being with more girls (the classic casanova) or of having a more linear path with only one girl but harder to conquer. the closer it gets to "reality" with choices where the player knows what he's getting into, the more "cool" the game becomes. as for the name of the academy, I would put a name from the past that was very strong in football, but in america there are not at least men's ones... I would opt for a Platini academy in france, because usually these sports centers are built to pay homage to the past greats in that sport. however it is not something that shifts the interest much whether to play it or not is clear it's just my personal idea.

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Hello eagle and really thank you for your reply that's very interesting.
In fact we have rework all the beginning part of the game cause, like haksaw point out before, there was a lack of oherence in the main speech.

Now here is the new synopsis of the game who can change just a little but who fit more with what we have preview for the first episode....

THE GAME :

MC is 19 years old, above average in sports, he plays soccer since he's 6 years old in his little club of his little town in France but it don't bother him cause he focus on his study and his friends.
This year he enters University in Languages related to Economy and Marketing.
He will participate in a student program which leads him to USA to upgrade his english and make contacts with big companies.

After a travel by plane where he will encounter a new friend, meet an unknown girl and finish in a taxi with someone very popular... he will arrive at the academy.

This academy is known as an Elite Maker.

He will begin to study but quicly the trainer of the soccer team of the academy, who plays in NCAA, National Collegiate Athletic Association, whill remark him and ask him to plays in the team.
As a player in this team he will obtain a study grant.

So he will train and evolve at soccer through the academy, create linkd with some teammates and discover the american way of life and how to party in this country.

But the academy don't only have a masculine team of soccer.

The feminine one is the most influencial of all the country with some stars and some of the girls will play in the National team...
He will meet the girls, some touchy, some not, some friendly.... and maybe will fall in love ?

What will he choose to focus ? Studies ? Soccer ? Friends ? Girls ?

That's your decisions which will decide his fate...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We really enjoy the story so far cause we have a lot of ideas, lot of things to learn, and really want to give players a very good and funny game !
So now we are working on the prologue of the game, a prototype of it is already made.
Thank you for reading and dont forget to give your ideas on a name for the academy :)

Have fun !

Dolyla

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
then remember one thing, sooner or later he will have to return to europe. no good soccer player would stay in America if he thinks he's worth that much in terms of quality. so the story can expand even more. another point I noticed is that you want to give him a student path... I don't remember strong footballers who are tops in terms of intellect (you're French, you said, think of m'bappé as strong with his feet, as "poor" with his brain ). I say this only for the speech "close to reality". (y)

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
yeah that's why he will have to choose at a certain time which one he will continue .... his time will be splitted into soccer the morning / study the afternoon and the student life at evening but at a point he will be "specialized"...

Reactions: Eagle1900

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Actually it takes between 30 sec to 3 min if there are lights or many models in the render... but it's only 1080p and not so much details cause we only have the free assets given by daz for the moment.

ilovecoffeee

Nov 7, 2022
but it's only 1080p and not so much details cause we only have the free assets given by daz for the moment.
I didn't see a lot of games that use higher resolution than 1080p here. But keep in mind that higher resolution consumes additional video memory that could be spent on something else in a scene.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Dec 1, 2022
So, "your husband" worked with 3dsmax and Maya. And he is still asking hardware questions...
Whatever, have a good day and good luck with your game Mr. Dolyla...

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Didn't said he worked with but he already use it to make some minor animations and a little modding when he was younger on some games but yeah this is completely new to us... sorry if it is not clear... And currently Dolyla it's me not him ^^ But no problem :)

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
Hi zoners , here's Dolyla !

We have made some renders to see where we're going and after some tests we have found the correct display for one of our girls... tell me if you like her as much as me !

herog9.png

That's all for today ! See ya !

Last edited:

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
Hi zoners , here's Dolyla !

We have made some renders to see where we're going and after some tests we have found the correct display for one of our girls... tell me if you like her as much as me !

View attachment 2217857

That's all for today ! See ya !
very beautiful, but I was wondering, are you "our French friend who knows how to play football?" :unsure:
come on joke it was a joke, however really good as a profile:ROFLMAO:. I only ask that you tag all of us once the first version comes out, so I'm sure I don't miss it. a greeting and good luck (y)(y)

Dolyla

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2022
i dont play football neither my husband but our nephew who is 8 is our main source of idea for a little player who vibes for foot. But we know some real girls who plays in amateur soccer team so it's a melting pot of ideas !

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
i dont play football neither my husband but our nephew who is 8 is our main source of idea for a little player who vibes for foot. But we know some real girls who plays in amateur soccer team so it's a melting pot of ideas !
sorry must have been google mistranslating. (my english is not very fluent by itself)
I was referring to the photo you posted and seeing that until just before we were talking about the story, how our friend (protagonist of the game) was good at football, now I expected the first photo to be his, instead I find (rightly I'm not criticizing of course) a photo of a girl, that's why I said I had made a joke... but maybe it didn't work with google which translates as it pleases.
however I remain of the opinion that it is very promising both as a story, which I am now observing, and also as a graphic, so we just have to wait for the first release (y)