Presentation / VN vs other games / Western & Eastern

EddyGordo

Oct 16, 2017
Hello guys,

Let me start off by saying this, I like all types of games and this thread isn't about which genre is better or anything (even if VNs aren't usually my thing), I'm just curious since VNs seem to be really popular.
What makes you love VN's above other genres of h games ? And if you like other genres, please share your favorites as well ! :)
Personally, I usually prefer games like : Ghost Hunter Vena, Forest of the blue skin, SiNiSistar, Wings of Roldea and much more, usually platformers, action games, and sometimes RPGs, but those listed are easily into my top 10, and I've played way too much than I can remember.
I can share a couple others if you are interested :)

I was introduced to crappy flash games at the time (like most of us probably lol), some Meet and fuck stuff which was pretty hot (but is extremely redundant nowadays), and then Shinoby Girl, which was insane for it's time, and still is, but the repetitive voice / animation speeding up formula is getting kinda old imo, but that said, it's still a great game (It's maybe the reason I'm a fan of the platforming / action genre).
I also played some VNs / Renpy style with some user interaction, puzzles and what not which makes the story interesting (to me), like : Four Elements Trainer, Behind the dune and a couple others, but I have rarely played an "only" VN game, like literally reading a book, but since I seem to enjoy reading h manga recently, what are your favorite VNs ?

Also it seems there are a ton of popular Western style VN, but I don't see much Eastern style, I usually prefer Eastern style games, but I don't mind the latter, most seem to be with 3D assets, which puts me off, but if they are that popular, the story / writing must be really good, so I don't mind trying some, and don't get me wrong, some 3D games are hot AF, same with animations, some suck *ss, some are great.

This is my 1st thread, it might come off as share your favorite games, or I'm looking for x or y, but it's actually a bonus :p
I'm of course interested in what games you guys like, but I'm mostly curious on what you think about the VN genre, what you like & dislike, what are your opinions, same with other genres you might have played or enjoyed.

Ps: I initially never thought I'd make a presentation of my h portfolio (kindof?) .. xD and ask those questions, I mostly stay silent in this side of the web, and never share what I enjoy most or what I think is a gem of a game, but I thought, hey, why not, after all, I enjoy seeing what others like, and I could find some new games to put on my top 10 list, and I hope you do too ! ^^

Peace !
~EddyGordo

Reactions: Papa Ernie