Ren'Py Presplash screen on android build

kxadesom

Dec 29, 2020
Hey guys ! I'm developing a visual novel with a friend using Ren'Py as engine and I'm having some problem with the android build.

I'm trying to setup the presplash screen for android and the documentation says only this:

"Presplash
The presplash is shown before Ren'Py fully loads, before the main splashscreen starts. It's especially important on Android, as the first time Ren'Py runs it will unpack supporting files, which make take some time.
android-presplash.jpg
The image that's used when the app is loading. This should be surrounded by a monocolored border. That border is expanded to fill the screen.
"

Here's the link for the documentation

So logically I made an image and name it "android-presplash.jpg"and since the documentation did not say where to put it, I put on the game folder like the presplash image for the PC build.

But when I made the build to test if worked. It shows the standard Ren'Py "loading game" screen.

I've made a post on the Lemma Soft Forum on march 19 but still no response.

The Ren'Py version on my pc is 7.4.4.1439

I hope you guys can help me and thank you in advance !

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Put it in the project directory. (The parent of the game directory.) Same place you put the android-icon_background.png and android-icon_foreground.png files.