RPGM - Completed - Princess Quest [Final] [ShiroKuroSoft]

1. 3.00 star(s)

ImplicitlyLewd

I really want to give this game 4 stars, I think it does a lot better than some of the others in the same category, but I just don't think this game will leave an impression on me.

I always gotta give some credit to games that don't force you into any of the H content. Just the option to have a virgin run makes a game better in my opinion. That being said, this game doesn't exactly do much with that concept, in fact they don't even really acknowledge her virginity all that much. And that's kind of a running theme here, good concepts but, not enough done with them. There's mercenaries, but they're essentially one off scenes. There's a brothel, but you can't actually work there.
    A lot of good stuff don't get me wrong but it's like after you do one or 2 scenes at one place, she just forgets it exists I guess. And it's not like that with everything but enough to make you feel pigeon holed.

The corruption is not the worst, but certainly not the best. It could've definitely been padded with more scenes to solidify her stance. And unlike other games she doesn't exactly have a lewdness level that changes how she acts, the sanity number just controls what scenes you can and can't view. So if you missed a scene early on, she'll act how she would've back then. Which is standard sure, which is exactly why I gave it a 3. Decent in all areas, but great in none.

Art is nice though.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

jokuur

good story
    good art
    great mechanics and coding to make game easier to play with
    farming monsters is kinda boring tho to the point i used cheat engine speed x5 to clean up the maps
    there are many non hentai missions which require fetching stuff and killing monsters
    good work was being put into maps and it shows
    there could be more hentai scenes to make corruption slower and longer but the amount is still good
    there is harder option for princess to stay out of erotics which is nice touch for those who want hardcore modes
    overall 4/5 i would give 5 if the art was better and corruption was longer
  3. 4.00 star(s)

maquim01

I know that whoever is going to play a Hentai game has a certain goal in mind. And the same goes for me. But I have to say that I have a certain desire to find hentai games and go through the journey (if the game allows it) of finishing the game leaving the protagonist as pure as possible. So if there is a possibility of finishing the game without activating any H content, I usually do it.
    And that is exactly the case with this Princess Quest [Final] game. I invested 8 hours beating the game and maintaining 100 rationality points.
    The story is +/- the same as the entire game. The protagonist has her kingdom usurped and has to gather allies (signature of the nobles) and then face the final villain. The game has about 6 dungeons, but not all of them have a dungeon villain. The game has a certain need for grinding, but nothing too difficult. The biggest problem is getting gold and items to upgrade armor and weapons. For this reason, you end up doing several quests, which can be a little boring. Catch 20 rat tails, collect 30 fruits and so on.
    The main point of the game is to get the 8 signatures and for each of them there are 2 quests. 1 being sexual, which is basically letting the story happen. 2 being an honorable quest, kill the bandits, save the dog, find the doctor who ruined the girl. These quests are the main thread of the game.
    Initially, you have a very negative view of nobles, and that can change, depending on the path you choose.
    Well that's. It was a fun game to play, I liked the protagonist, it was a good adventure without sex (I later played it, making everything sexual). The story is exactly what you expect and the gameplay is the same as always.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: v1.01

Ah, one of THESE rpgm's that have no right to be a game, because the gameplay is shit, yet the scenes and art are good, should have kept it to a VN or a manga.
    In all honesty, dont play this, its indistinguishable from every other average rpgm game. Just get the gallery unlock.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

dreminh

Quick and simple review
    The good : art
    The bad : everything else
    this should be a visual novel instead of a RPGM game , just have a save and go to the collection room
    what a let down
    !!!edit now with steam ver the game is much better with no bug and far better translation. in term of drama/story line it decent enough but the combat is badly balanced , add one more star
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Tasty-Berkley

Let me start with a warning to my fellow connoisseurs.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I really wanted to like this one...

You've propably heard the saying "you've played one of them, you've played all of them". This might be the best way to describe this game. It's a basic, run-of-the-mill hentai RPGM game with semi grindy gameplay we've seen multiple times.

You've got a basic plot (Isn't it always?) that serves as an excuse to go running around the country looking for the 3 Bs of this genre: Beasts, Bounty and getting Boned. More or less in that order.

There were times where my boner died due to sheer boredom. Don't get me wrong, I like more open ended "slut simulators" but a lot of the time you're either doing farming/fetch quests, killing monsters THAT DON'T BANG YOU IF YOU LOSE UNLESS IT'S A SPECIFIC BOSS-VARIANT, or entertaining the lewd requests of perverted locals.

Speaking of lewdness, the art style is really good and the scenes are perfectly serviceable but they're pretty basic and I'm not talking about the fetishes. What I mean is the scenes are VERY static(?) and don't really change, barring a select few. The girl stays still and the dick is either in or out. No boob grabbing even when the dialogue says it happens. Not even basic back-and-forth movement. However her facial expressions are nice and the depictions of bodily fluids are also good.
    This is also one of those games that would greatly benefit from an X-Ray view. Some scenes have dialogue that imply cervical penetration and the Protag seems to really like it but we don't really get to enjoy it as much as she does. All we have to go on is text. "Wasted potential" is the first thing that comes to my mind here.

The corruption, while pretty basic, is well executed. You're gradually exposed to all things pr0n and slowly but surely succumb to depravity (unless you're going for a purity playthrough), although some stuff feels like it happens too soon: you're drinking piss in a public urinal long before you're fucking strangers on the street. How does that make any sense?

Despite all these negatives I must emphasize that this is not a bad game, just mediocre. The art is good if a little limited, the game runs smoothly without any hiccups and if you don't like the grind you can select easy mode which gives you a stat boosting ring that let's you nuke anyone dumb enough to get in your way. Also there seems to be no game overs. If you let your health drop to zero you're either getting dicked and thrown to the previous room or kicked out of the entire dungeon area.

The dialogue during scenes is also better than average. I personally hate overly descriptive dialogue in hentai that states the obvious like they're a narrator or something.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Instead the Protag eggs their partner on in between moans like a normal human being. Moar liek dis pls.

Is this game worth your time? Can't say for sure, maybe? This is a basic RPGM game with predictable plot and the same old grind we've seen many times before. If you don't like the gameplay in these types of games then I'd recommend using a 100% save or ripping the CGs.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

wdbrain

Standard rpg-maker combat + non-interactive sex scenes, well made, but nothing interesting or new. LOT OF text, but rarely any dialogue choice, basically half of the game is a visual novel, half is ordinary rpg-maker game. The art is nice.
    The translations is not perfect, but everything was understandable. However, I did not finish the game, don't know if it gets worse later.

You play as a princess that has been banished from her castle after her father dies and now has to get support from 8 nobles to get her throne back (isn't there about 100 games already with this story??). You get a quest from each of the noble, mostly to do something sexual (and usually humiliating), but there is always an alternative solution involving combat or finding some item/npc. Similarly, you get lewd and non-lewd side quests (lewd = H-scene plays and you get a reward, non-lewd = kill 30 bats, collect 10 mushrooms etc., you know the drill).
    There is a purity counter that starts at 100 and you can get it lower by doing the lewd stuff. The lewd quests and activities always have some required purity level, the easiest starting at 100 so the "corruption" starts by doing lighter stuff.
    When you finish one of the main quest using the normal route, you still get the H-stuff in the recollection room, so you can likely do a virgin run and still see a lot of the H-content.

I stopped playing the game after about an hour because it is just too easy and makes too much sense to go the non-H way and just watch the H in the recollection room. And at that point, why bother playing the average rpg-maker combat fights... For me, the game lacks some push towards the corruption. Also, the sex scenes are completely non-interactive, which I don't like, but if you enjoy visual novels you might like this game.