Identify Princess Trainer-esque w/ Card Game Mechanics

Taco Bandito

Jul 12, 2018
I don't remember where I first saw this game, it could have been here, but if it is I can no longer find it.

The game was very well developed, it had a 2D art style. The game had an executable, but I don't remember what engine it was. It wasn't HTML or anything like that though.

The game's story was this:

You are the princess of some kingdom, your father, the king, and your brother, the crown prince, have both died in a war. This makes you the next in line for the throne, or it would if not for your adopted brother (or was he your cousin?) who also claims the throne. The chief advisor to the late King is convinced that your adopted brother will kill you if he becomes King, and it's his duty to prepare you enough so that the regency council chooses you.

You leave the castle in a sort of panic and head to the house of a servant girl you used to know when you were both growing up, this girl is almost like a secondary-protagonist. This girl is the one who introduces the card mechanics of the game and allows you to add and swap out cards from your deck.

Gameplay:

The game is separated into weeks (I think), each week you have to meet with a different member of the regency council where their support for you might increase or decrease depending on your stats (Which are trained like in a normal trainer game at the end of each week), and a random draw from the deck. Each member of the council is their own colorful character. I remember a few of them:

1. The Duchess: Your classic strong woman. She wants a woman on the throne, but also wants you to be able to defend yourself physically.
  2. The Duke: A sexist and womanizing pig who won't support you for any reason and is constantly trying to undermine you.
  3. The General: The person in-charge of the armed forces and is currently still fighting the war your father and brother were killed in.
  4. The Foreigner: A trader who is always acting a bit suspiciously
  5. The Performer: Elected by the people, the performer is an eccentric and show boating person.
  6. Others I can't remember

I remember that the game was really well made and seemed almost complete. But I can no longer find it anywhere online or on my computer. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Reactions: Deraz