Ren'Py - Abandoned - Princess Trainer: Jasmine [v0.7] [Studio Danza]

1. 5.00 star(s)

BlackFoxEv

It is currently a simulator, a prototype, a sample of what it can become.

I vote with 5 stars because the humor in the dialogues, the art, the settings, the argument and the plot... For it to work they need to be motivated, have sponsorship and fans.

This story has potential.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

bobsen

I'm intrigued! More Jasmine always good! Looking kind of barebones now, but that's understandable. A lot of games are veering towards kind of gross-out misogynistic fantasies, (name-calling, spitting in mouths and so on), and I hope this steers clear of that. Art looks decent so far, hope it stays on-model unlike so many others!
  3. 1.00 star(s)

SunnyBee

We get it thread, Akabur was the first. Get over it. Same goes for movies, books, games, and life. There will always be someone who did it first, and another person with a similar idea but took a different route or exact idea and released the same exact thing. The only thing I am worried about is that the art looks like several people did it, and majority of the mechanics.

1. So he's either purchasing as he goes but instead of the same people he's picking different people or has/is an incredibly inconsistent artist. The only reason I say this is somewhat concerning is, I have seen you mention "Team" but this doesn't seem like "Team" art. It's inconsistent. Inconsistency can also lead to bad quality. Bad quality, I am sure is not what you're aiming for on this game.

2. The right click menu (how you normally save) makes... absolutely no sense. It probably only makes actual sense to the developer without having to write it down. I believe only 2 things in it works? And that's the single file save and exit game.

3. Navigation is pretty confusing at first, especially since I got used to the poor side being on the left, but thankfully everything is labeled when you highlight it. UI and Right Click menu is not labeled at all though.

4. Food and Water system is absolute trash. Not even going to sugar coat that one. I tab out for like 3 minutes and half my food and water are gone. To play this game as it stands we will need to cheat.

5. Saving issue, and it's a huge one. From what I can see you only get 1 save and when I load back up, my food & water is at 0. On top of that there's no actual "visual" save. You just kind of got to guess where you saved and hope for the best. For games like this we need multiple saves. A single save will ALWAYS screw us over. Be it a corrupt save or just saved in a bad spot forcing us to start from the beginning.

6. Bugs or buggy visuals galore. It's a new game, so that's to be expected, but like I will say later, it's like zero testing was done before hand.

7. I received like 74,000,000,000 quests at the very beginning of the game and zero quest log in sight. Also wanted to add zero explanation on where to really go. "I hate Jasmine and Aladdin." "Yeah! Me too!" That's uuhh... that's kind of all I got.

8. I also have zero idea where the fuck Abdul is supposed to live. Seriously... does anyone know where he lives?! I'm so confused.

9. Unlabled UI kinda got to guess some or at least instead of like how you did the right click menu please pick a 100% universally coherent picture that we would all understand. Why is the Inventory a blue diamond? But wait... why is the right click also a blue diamond? Why would I click the blue diamond if I could just right click. Stuff like that you weren't thinking about.

Basically I just got to day 2 and I kind of just gave up. Game is nowhere worth playing in it's current state and I am glad someone posted it here first, because if I ended up paying for it I would've been pissed. I know from experience it's a process, but this had zero quality of life testing to it before handed to the public.

PS. On the save screen (if you find it) don't spam the test button. You'll get a bunch of vials that will never disappear. It's quite annoying.

PSS. This is also in no way trying to discourage you from developing. You just need to pick a route. You have Akabur's perfect balance of grind & lewd since you like that style, and seem to want that style, so you should focus more on that. But this isn't some survival horror RPG where I need to worry about why I only start with 200 gold, why everything costs so damn much gold, and how do I make money. You said you wanted less story and more fappy fap? Then get rid of the dumb food/water system. I'll be spending more time on grinding than actual fappy fap. In fact, I would probably just RIP the images every release if you left it in instead. Just fix what you got now (which is A LOT) and focus on next release after. Game is currently unplayable.

PSSS. The Developer himself mentioned Akabur in the thread and that the gameplay was boring. I kind of agree, but to be fair the man is an artist with an overly large ego and absolutely refused to make a real team. But this isn't about Akabur's gameplay. His was at least consistent, playable, & balanced. Yours is the polar opposite. Nothing is consistent, the game is not playable, and there is no balance. If you talk poorly about another developers work, at least look over your own first and acknowledge "You know, yes this is still in Alpha, but this could have gone way better than it did." Also no... you most likely did not have the idea first. Some horny hormonal kid just learning that girls are not actually icky, watched Aladdin and probably said "Damn... she'd look hella fine with those clothes off." But the fact is, another developer beat you to it, and did a pretty fine job at it.

Edit: Cleaned up some.
    Edit2: Cleaned up & added more.
    Message to Mods: No, not attacking the developer. Just stating facts. Yes, I mentioned another Developer several times. Thread won't shut up about Akabur. And now the Developer himself is talking down about another dev. So yeah. Rather than deleting my review just tell me parts I need to edit if you disagree. Thanks.