Ren'Py - Abandoned - Private Community [v0.1.9c] [Boomatica]

1. 2.00 star(s)

WatchMeDrive

Meh.

The MC is your typical dorky and naive protagonist that you see in a lot of games.

The dialogue is almost a complete flashback to the Dating My Daughter style of romance games where the MC never seems to want to take charge of situations and it's almost always the girl leading the way. Additionally, the dialogue just consists of the MC brutally complimenting each girl over and over. Like, there's absolutely nothing interesting that comes out of the player character's mouth; he's just a total suck-up.

There's also a complete lack of choices to make. There's no dialogue choices, so you basically just have to listen to the MC annoyingly compliment his way through every conversation.

I guess if this game is an early foray into these types of games, you'll probably love this. But if you've played something akin to a Harem Hotel or Dating My Daughter style of romance game, there's nothing new or exciting here. And, again, the MC is a huge turn off because he holds the same type of personality that every main character holds in every generic romance game.

Lastly, this game is more of a visual novel, because there's really nothing about your community you need to "manage" and there's a complete lack of story and dialogue choices to make.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

1player

Private Community v0.1.9b review
    Just a few of my thoughts about the game while i played it.

Story:
    - the private community idea is okay tho not very unique. but it is a good variation on similar sandbox games.
    - the overall storyline is not to exiting, there is a lot of delving in the past until now, Not to much story that makes you go "i wonder what is going to happen next". But the story is interesting enough to keep playing.
    - The prologue is a bit lengthy but not too much and it keeps you interested enough not to want to skip it (except for the next point)
    - the 11 page back story is just to much for me. i like a good backstory but i am not here to read a book ;) so i skipped through most of it.(will see later in the game if i miss this information)
    - I also didn't read al the diary pages of the characters for the few pages i read it doesn't seem to add much to the story line.
    - reasonably good english language
    - it took some getting used to playing a sandbox game without any clear instructions or goal. but it seems to fit the game as you play the guy just arriving not knowing the place or the residents. that makes is reasonable for you just to go around talking to everyone. There is just one goal and that is progression with all characters.
    - it could use a bit more humor among all the serious backstories and conversations

Mechanics:
    - i like the in-game mechanics where you go with your mouse over an object and it lights up and a description box appears in the upper corner when it is clickable.
    - good roll-back function
    - it's easy to navigate through a building or over the community grounds. when doing so the the picture fade-out/fade-in is reasonably quick.
    - Always good to have a "pass time" feature in a sandbox game.
    - the % up progression when talking to someone is nicely done
    - the game could use a skip function where you could skip the dialog that you have already seen

Graphics:
    - The graphics are of good quality
    - Great facial expressions. I like how they change regularly and are fitting with the spoken text.
    This is especially true for the story line with the maid and the graphics later on in other character interactions. I've played an earlier version of the game and it is very clear that that story line with the maid has been redone. i wish every story line had those graphics.(i like the animation in the face like the eyes blinking and opening/closing of the mouth)
    - i like that the MC's thoughts in the text are in a different color. That makes the distinction very clear unlike in for example italic like a lot of games have.
    -i really, really don't like it that the screen is boxed so you can't really speak of a full screen picture (1920x1080)

Sound:
    - i like a little background music and it is not annoying, even kind of nice even after some time playing.
    - it would be nice to have some more sound effects

Overall a good game, looking forward to new updates.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

SloppyJoe89

Greetings, a new member here.

I decided to write a review of this game after finished playing just a moment ago. This game is just fantastic. If I have to say, this is an unpolished gem. There’s still some small things lacking and still can be improved.

At a glance, this game like the same old VN games, but 30 mins into the game, I realize the potential in this game. In future improvements I hope that Boomatica will implement the Community Management feature further.

Here's a list of major things I found out after 60 mins of gameplay

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Closing:
    For 0.1.7 Version, this game is still had lots of room for improvement, and yet for me its original concept is what made me write this long-ass review. I wished good luck and perseverance for Boomatica and the team.

Cheers,
    SloppyJoe.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 996313

The graphics are good and the story as well. But for me the highlight of this game is the backstory of some characters and how the dev presents them. It means a lot of reading but is written in a very engaging way and feels rewarding.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

r_o_u_k

Once again i've been caught by surprise with a 'sandbox' looking game.

I only installed it because of the gorgeous short haired model. And the Incest tag, who am I kidding!
    At first, i skipped very fast to get to what I was expected to be the open world grindy interface, just to get a look (and laugh at) the some russian-ish game mechanisms. Or so i thought...

When i realized that what was grindy was enjoyable with actual content, that the stories were rather interesting and that the scenario was not the vacuous empty void I expected, I replayed it to get a better grasp on the story. Even it it remains a bit generic and common, it is adequately written and enjoyable.

This game provides a nice balance between Voyeurism, Incest, Flirting and just Plain Sex Scenes. The MC, being an average guy, can be related to, even if he could have benefited of a better looking model. Or at least a less dorky looking one...

Overall, a nice game with a lot of sides stories to explore not in a grindy way.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

MegaApe

A great game i love the "simulation" aspect of it these types of games are my favorite where you have to invest your money into different things other than girls. Mrs. Smith is the only con :LOL: other than that i love this game a lot its really addictive.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

TessSadist

This game is pretty fun to play, but not for me much as a female player. Sometimes I enjoy role playing a male and I like a lot of the girls, but the MC himself has a decent enough looking body and I really really love his hair, but his face really doesn't do it for me. He just looks like a complete dork to me in some way that I can't explain well to be honest. I think many will enjoy this game if they enjoy managing multiple characters and the "property" kind of managing it, etc.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

fugazi666

overall a pretty good game with few shortcomings. the interface is clean, easy to navigate and figure out what's what. you don't get lost or have to wonder what to do next. no dead ends, very few non-game breaking bugs. the characters are fairly interesting, they have their own back-stories (which you can learn more about in their diaries, when available, along with the dialogs) and distinct personalities. the renders are good, most of the models are attractive. the text box usually doesn't get in the way of the good parts. i feel the dev took special care for that. sex animations are well made.

as to the problems i had playing this: the MC looks too much like a dork. i could tolerate that model in "become a rockstar" as he was at least dressing cool. this "properly dressed" dork with an idiotic smile on his face is really annoying to look at. the other, bigger problem was that the text often became too stretched and boring especially when upping a relation. the endless, inconsequential dialogs and inner thoughts during the M-S upping sequence almost became unbearable. i hope the dev can work on that aspect of the game. we get it, please make it shorter and concise. another thing, which can't be helped is, the level of humor, which was mediocre at best. good job all in all though, fingers crossed for the continuation of this unique game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

-CookieMonster666-

THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE QUIRKY

Developer Boomatica has created a game with a simple premise: The MC is a young man who left home years earlier to set out on his own — breaking the hearts of his sister and mother in the process. After working a few years with 3D modeling in the city, he inherits a Private Community, completely self-sufficient (with a little help from residents' daily payments), isolated, and hidden from the rest of the world.

What the game accomplishes in a very short amount of time is impressive. It develops connections to characters rapidly but realistically. The MC is genuinely a likable character, willing to spend extra time talking or helping others, even when it isn't required. It provides beautiful artistry, including nice animations (where implemented) and an easy-to-use interface to allow players to explore without frustration. This information is current as of version 0.1.5.

THE GOOD
    THE BAD
    THE QUIRKY
    Because of the free nature of an open world game, the more successful games of this type will provide clear direction, an intuitive HUD, and enough content that it feels like a vibrant world rather than like wandering on the moon. Boomatica has found a winning approach to the free-roaming format with clear direction without forcing the type of grind that games of this type often tend to require. The characters in the game are beautifully rendered, impressively deep, and extremely likable.

This game also fairly subtly demonstrates excellent storytelling. It does exactly what entertainment generally should: provide an escape from the doldrums and stresses of life. A Private Community like this in real life would be a dream come true for almost anyone. Everyone living within the game's community feels like they belong. Other than Miss Smith (sorry), they have all connected with me in very real ways — a hallmark of great storytelling.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Goblin Baily: DILF

I must say... this game is in it's early stage as many features from the overview hadn't been introduced but this game is worth playing...
    the grind and sandbox aren't that unforgiving, after plaing through the current build (v0.1.4b) I can say it feels natural, you get to talk to some ladies and talk about their lives...
    the dames are nice, all having their distinct personalities and backstory, and gettin into their hearts and panties is a fun journey.
    for those that care aboout other aspects of a game I'll say this.... the UI and textbox are quite user friendly, with the name box switching to the right side when someone else is talking..
    the game suffers from the "one more turn" syndrme, you think you'll just have that one interaction but munutes later you're still looking for new things to discover....
    the game gives new meaning to the phrase "S&M for fun time"
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Mytez

The premise is simple, MC inherited a Private Community and has to take care of it and the ladies living in it.

All characters are perfectly written and hook you instantly. They all behave like actual humans, with worries, doubts and a realistic backstory that can be read in their diaries.

All the ladies are beautiful, from youngest to the oldest, using original character models that fit their supposed age.

The gameplay is easy and intuitive, you just need to keep doing the actions that aren't marked as done and level up the characters.

There's also a bunch of bonus content in the form of spycams and text messages, which makes the game feel alive.

Overall is a very entertaining game with excellent writing and character development that makes you feel drawn towards every single one of the girls.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

MadDogB

I have honestly tried to like this game. Who would not want to play as the boss man of a community. Here is why I rate this as 2 stars, 1) you are the owner yet you do not hire anyone, the place needs no upgrades, and none joins the community except your family. You are told you get to choose who joins in the game but no one does. Your office is only used 1 time to read about the girls and watch some videos. There is never new vids from the camras or anything else to do there. 2) the ladies are great looking but the old bat scary looking maid (whish you could fire her and replace her). but still seeing the first post was in feb 2018 and you still can only romance 1 person. 3) you will find your self going threw the exact dialog and complament with the ladies to many times to raise how much they like you. this just gets old. I hope this game improves but for now I find this game lacking to much to keep you wanting to play.
    update: after seeing what the creator has responded I do look to see where the game will go and what may be added. But for now will wait. This game does have a lot of potential, just not for me right now.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

hameleona

As of 0.1.6c
    More of the same and that is great!

As of 0.1.4b
    It's and excellent VN. if you like humor, cute and adorable characters, good renders and a laid-back story - this is the game for you. No real grind, about an hour and a half worth of content and no bugs. i'd say it's worth the download, even if the size is a little bit on the large side of things.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

The Great Anonymoose

So far a really good game, good storyline, and personality of the people in the game, I also love the fact that you can move around freely where many games are more static so to say. I am looking forward to seeing how it will progress!
  15. 3.00 star(s)

Kayzee12

just played the 0.1.4b and it seems though that this game has a potential..maybe the devs will add more characters / locations.. But for a game thats 1.25 GB worth of data , I was very disappointed to see so little conten overall..specially for mom / sis / emily / sammie.. Hollie seems the least favorite girl and has the most content.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

pimvandermolen

So the game isn´t really that large, yet, but the stuff that is there is some of the best I´ve seen around this website. Interesting characters, believable dialogue, all spiced up through some great graphics
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Nocturnal85

Just when I thought I'd mined all the gems on this site, I took a final swing of the pickaxe and uncovered this one.

The gameplay is light...this is more of a fap VN than a game. No walkthrough required as what to do next is clearly shown on the map. The renders are lovely and the best is saved for two weeks into the gameplay as the MC's Mo and Si come to join the community. These new characters are jaw-droppingly beautiful/adorable.

This is a deliciously slow burn and at the beginning only the Miss Smith the maid (not really WTF bad IMHO) is there to relieve the MC of his blue balls. Yet the game is very compelling and I actually said "...awww fuck..." when this version ended. This game knows how to tease.

I will support this patreon and hope that what has been reported as infrequent updates will continue because I really do want to see the MC to get to know Mo and Si much better.

My only criticism, and it's minor, is that the animation could stand some improving.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

seamanq

Pros:
    * Easy game play
    * Well-developed characters for the ones whose story is developed
    * Easy navigation
    * Good transition to Ren'py and easy to play
    * The characters are all original and pleasing (for the most part)
    * Based on the limited development, good things are anticipated for the future

Cons
    * Ms. Smith is the only WTF?

Realistically, with a game with this many primary characters, it is not possible to develop all of them equally at the same time. The developer has chosen to provide a certain amount of development for some characters, while considerably more for some others. This is a logical path to follow, but it shows what can be accomplished in the future. I am looking forward to future versions of this game.

(Review of game at version 0.1.3)
  19. 5.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating of this Game (v0.1.2)s:

Pros:
    + Fantastic Renders
    + Nice Story
    + lots of different scenes
    + Long Game Play
    + Easy Playing
    +Active Play
    +Fantastic Animations

Cons:
    -None

Conclusion:
    The women are Hot as hell.
    The Story is Good and not too short,Love the different scenes and the game layout..
    Also you have a lot of POV scenes in the Game also.
    Always sad when the update ends.
    It is definitely worth the download.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

ChuckyF16

To be honest I normally do not care for RPG games, but this one managed to get me hooked. The artwork is excellent, and the women are beautiful. The grinding to level up affection does not feel like grinding at all, and the story lines for each of the girls is interesting and compelling. Looking forward to seeing much more of this one!