Tool Problem translate game rpg maker VX Ace with Translator++ tool

Black13579

Feb 7, 2022
Hello guys, i'm trying to translate this game with translator++ tool but no success, when i use export to folder or inject/apply translate, the tool disappear in processing and i not see any file in folder export. Hoping someone can help me. Sorry my english is bad.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Yeah, VX Ace games can be a real headache in Translator++, particularly newer games which are huge and have access to 10 years of scripts. Anyway, here are my troubleshooting tips!
  • Update Translator++. There are pirated updates in this forum if you're using the free version. You probably already did this, but it's always best to start with the basics.
  • Start the project over (particularly if you updated T++). Sometimes you get a sneaky error when parsing. Don't worry about losing your translations; you can import the translation from your old project into the new project. Only the right-most entry will be imported so you still lose some details, but it's better than having to start completely over again.
  • Use a different parser. Sometimes the V2 parser works fine; other times only the Legacy parser will generate any results.
  • Export into Zipped Game Patch. I'm not sure if this really makes a difference, but being able to go back to version 3 of your patch really helps with trouble shooting if something worked fine then but is broken in version 6.
  • Don't export the data all at once. I've taken to exporting the data in three batches: just CommonEvents (it's usually the biggest), just the scripts, the rest of the data (maps, armors, skills, etc.). T++ can have an easier time when there's less data to wrangle, and the process also makes troubleshooting easier since most bugs are either in CommonEvents or scripts.
  • Disable multi-threading in T++. It's disabled by default, so it probably isn't this. For me, multithreading allowed me to save time when exporting smaller batches of data (such as a few maps) but caused T++ to crash when exporting large amounts of data (such as CommonEvents).

Reactions: Black13579

Black13579

Feb 7, 2022
Yeah, VX Ace games can be a real headache in Translator++, particularly newer games which are huge and have access to 10 years of scripts. Anyway, here are my troubleshooting tips!
  • Update Translator++. There are pirated updates in this forum if you're using the free version. You probably already did this, but it's always best to start with the basics.
  • Start the project over (particularly if you updated T++). Sometimes you get a sneaky error when parsing. Don't worry about losing your translations; you can import the translation from your old project into the new project. Only the right-most entry will be imported so you still lose some details, but it's better than having to start completely over again.
  • Use a different parser. Sometimes the V2 parser works fine; other times only the Legacy parser will generate any results.
  • Export into Zipped Game Patch. I'm not sure if this really makes a difference, but being able to go back to version 3 of your patch really helps with trouble shooting if something worked fine then but is broken in version 6.
  • Don't export the data all at once. I've taken to exporting the data in three batches: just CommonEvents (it's usually the biggest), just the scripts, the rest of the data (maps, armors, skills, etc.). T++ can have an easier time when there's less data to wrangle, and the process also makes troubleshooting easier since most bugs are either in CommonEvents or scripts.
  • Disable multi-threading in T++. It's disabled by default, so it probably isn't this. For me, multithreading allowed me to save time when exporting smaller batches of data (such as a few maps) but caused T++ to crash when exporting large amounts of data (such as CommonEvents).
Thank you for that information, I see in my folder game has rgss3a file, should I decrypting it before translating it ?

Last edited:

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Thank you for that information, I see in my folder game has rggs3a file, should I decrypting it before translating it ?
You shouldn't be able to even start the project without decrypting the rggs3a file :LOL:. When you try to start the project T++ should say "This needs to be decrypted; where should we put the extracted files?" and you choose a location, then T++ uses the files it just extracted to make the project. I usually have 3 copies of the game on my computer while working on a project: the untouched game files, an extracted version (has the data and graphics folders generated when the rggs3a was decrypted; make sure the rggs3a file isn't included), and a copy of the extracted game where I apply my patches. This makes it easy to play the untouched game and see if a skill is broken there too, or to copy a clean version of scripts.rvdata2 from extracted to the patched folder in case I mess something up.

Black13579

Feb 7, 2022
You shouldn't be able to even start the project without decrypting the rggs3a file :LOL:. When you try to start the project T++ should say "This needs to be decrypted; where should we put the extracted files?" and you choose a location, then T++ uses the files it just extracted to make the project. I usually have 3 copies of the game on my computer while working on a project: the untouched game files, an extracted version (has the data and graphics folders generated when the rggs3a was decrypted; make sure the rggs3a file isn't included), and a copy of the extracted game where I apply my patches. This makes it easy to play the untouched game and see if a skill is broken there too, or to copy a clean version of scripts.rvdata2 from extracted to the patched folder in case I mess something up.
Yeah, after start new project, translator++ auto decrypting my rgss3a file and turn it into data folder in folder game copied, but problem when I exporting to folder or applying translation, the tool auto turn off when processing and I don't see any file in export folder. My version translator++ is 4.3.1.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Is that the free version? I'm using version 4.4.29 from this thread, though an higher version has been shared since I last updated. Updating solved a problem I had in a VX Ace game (though it may just have been that I was bad).
I just ran a test and everything worked fine for me with this game, so it likely isn't a problem with the game itself. Did you try exporting as a zipped game patch?
Also, pay attention to where the file is getting exported to. T++ usually wants to save files to the last place it saved/exported a file to, but my copy also randomly decides to instead try to save to my T++ folder.

Is this your first project? I can write up a quick guide if you think it'll help. I'm not an advanced user, but initializing a project is usually the least troublesome step.

Black13579

Feb 7, 2022
Is that the free version? I'm using version 4.4.29 from this thread, though an higher version has been shared since I last updated. Updating solved a problem I had in a VX Ace game (though it may just have been that I was bad).
I just ran a test and everything worked fine for me with this game, so it likely isn't a problem with the game itself. Did you try exporting as a zipped game patch?
Also, pay attention to where the file is getting exported to. T++ usually wants to save files to the last place it saved/exported a file to, but my copy also randomly decides to instead try to save to my T++ folder.

Is this your first project? I can write up a quick guide if you think it'll help. I'm not an advanced user, but initializing a project is usually the least troublesome step.
yess it's a free version, i just try export one map selected and it exported to folder successfully, is scripts file should not be exported ? Yess this is my first project ^^

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
If exporting one map worked but exporting all of them caused a crash then I recommend:
Don't export the data all at once. I've taken to exporting the data in three batches: just CommonEvents (it's usually the biggest), just the scripts, the rest of the data (maps, armors, skills, etc.). T++ can have an easier time when there's less data to wrangle, and the process also makes troubleshooting easier since most bugs are either in CommonEvents or scripts.
The game has over 400 data files once you've loaded it into T++, so you can even break it down further and and do scripts, CommonEvents, then the rest of the files in 2-3 batches if doing them all at once doesn't work. I've also had the problem of T++ crashing when I try to do too much, which was solved by translating or exporting in batches. The problem could have been with my system (I only have a Ryzen 1600), but I'm pretty sure updating T++ also helped.

Black13579

Feb 7, 2022
If exporting one map worked but exporting all of them caused a crash then I recommend:

The game has over 400 data files once you've loaded it into T++, so you can even break it down further and and do scripts, CommonEvents, then the rest of the files in 2-3 batches if doing them all at once doesn't work. I've also had the problem of T++ crashing when I try to do too much, which was solved by translating or exporting in batches. The problem could have been with my system (I only have a Ryzen 1600), but I'm pretty sure updating T++ also helped.
Yeah I had translated this game successfully by exporting to folder many times, but now some words in game dialogue I can't see when words in dialogue too long, do you know how to fix this problem ?

ponytony

Mar 20, 2020
How's this coming? I've been pushed off Consider Nanaha, and C.U. Rapid being encrypted has not stopped Translator++ from giving me something to work with. I want to move onto this, but there are some system things which I do not have experience translating. Like the name allocater, and any puzzles which I'm sure are to come.

Last edited: