VN problem trying to launch Hinasawa Tomoka no Zettai Joousei

Bronthor

Feb 2, 2024
Hello FR95,

i'm in a bit of a pickle with that one, been trying to reinstal and play one of my favorites eroge and the game crashes at Launch with a D3D error code and then a black screen with nothing happening at all... been trying a bit everything like launching in admin mode and in Win7 compability, updating with the last CG pilots, tried multiple installations as well but it didn't fix the problem. Language for non unicode programs is of course set in Japanese and i tried to set the system language in Japanese as well. I tried with multiple versions of the game, the last one i'm using is the official DMM version that i have purchased. I tried some other eroge like Sleepless and there was no problems. Needless to say some help would be appreciated.

Sincerely

Seb

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
This is how that error should look like: that means you haven't installed Japanese correctly, but that still wouldn't have solved the issue.
Install it properly, and read whatever instructions are included with the game. Different games, but perhaps the solutions in those threads might help you as well.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Hello FR95,

i'm in a bit of a pickle with that one, been trying to reinstal and play one of my favorites eroge and the game crashes at Launch with a D3D error code and then a black screen with nothing happening at all... been trying a bit everything like launching in admin mode and in Win7 compability, updating with the last CG pilots, tried multiple installations as well but it didn't fix the problem. Language for non unicode programs is of course set in Japanese and i tried to set the system language in Japanese as well. I tried with multiple versions of the game, the last one i'm using is the official DMM version that i have purchased. I tried some other eroge like Sleepless and there was no problems. Needless to say some help would be appreciated.

Sincerely

Seb
Probably an installation issue with Japanese not being installed and/or recognized correctly as Winterfire had alluded to in their post.

Found a possible resolution . Not sure how closely aligned the user's resolution is with your issue, but might be worth trying out for yourself if it bears any fruit...

1723483732877.png

Reactions: Winterfire

Bronthor

Feb 2, 2024
So i changed the value in the configuration settings and moved the D3D.dll file but i still have some errors appearing. Not sure how to change DX components since i didn't notice anything in the Game.exe config folder, i reverted Locale back to english as also suggested but with no success. Also reinstalled the Japanese language pack but i still have some glitches issues... That's about it. I tried other visual novels and they work fine it seems to be specifically a problem with the RealLive.exe Launcher.

Last edited: